Eschaton OOC

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Voidrazor said:
Druid 2 I'm afraid. But we could work out a custom race that had the feel of a nightwing while still leaving room for a decent number of class levels. Or you could play a 0 LA race with the Blighter PrC (or some customization thereof) that has spent so much time as a Nightwing that he doesn't remember being anything else.

Gonna go Wraith Druid with a ring of greater descration the other abilites can be picked up as spells or items I suppose

Voidrazor

First Post
Tonguez said:
Gonna go Wraith Druid with a ring of greater descration the other abilites can be picked up as spells or items I suppose

OK, I'll assign a +4 LA for a Wraith PC. So you'd have 5 undead HD and 11 levels of Druid. But playing an incorporeal character has some challenges. Normally you wouldn't be able to carry anything at all, including spell components. You can have a group of objects rendered permanently ethereal, and thus usable for 26,050 gp. The downside would be that a Dispel Magic that made the caster level check (DC 26) would really ruin your day. Also any new item you found and wanted to use would would require a new casting.

Avalon®

First Post
Voidrazor, school has been really hectic for me this week. I don't think that I would be able to finish my char in time. Could you maybe extend the deadline a couple of days?

Voidrazor

First Post
Avalon® said:
Voidrazor, school has been really hectic for me this week. I don't think that I would be able to finish my char in time. Could you maybe extend the deadline a couple of days?

That should be no problem. I suspect you aren't the only one that will need a little bit of extra time.

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Updated my sheet a bit...mostly fluff text and the start of a background.

Er...I'll assume no comments is good news, I guess. :)

Looks good. In fact, except where otherwise noted everybody's concepts and crunch are fine.

Nephtys

First Post
I hope it's not too late to apply, in that case please put me up as an alternate.

I had a thought of playing a completely combat-unoptimized character. A merchant/CEO with levels in Aristocrat and Expert, perhaps a Mercane (if I can find that race somewhere) with tons of money and the ability to make more of it (relatively) peacefully. Of course, the rules in DnD don't support such a concept (there are no skills or feats for making useful amounts of money), but could it be made viable in your setting?

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
Nephtys said:
I hope it's not too late to apply, in that case please put me up as an alternate.

I had a thought of playing a completely combat-unoptimized character. A merchant/CEO with levels in Aristocrat and Expert, perhaps a Mercane (if I can find that race somewhere) with tons of money and the ability to make more of it (relatively) peacefully. Of course, the rules in DnD don't support such a concept (there are no skills or feats for making useful amounts of money), but could it be made viable in your setting?

Well there are the business rules in the DMG2

Vertexx69

First Post
Nephtys said:

I had a thought of playing a completely combat-unoptimized character. A merchant/CEO with levels in Aristocrat and Expert, perhaps a Mercane (if I can find that race somewhere)

The mercane is in the manual of the planes and the Epic lvl handbook.

Voidrazor

First Post
Nephtys said:

That's definitely a workable concept. In terms of making money, just taking Diplomacy is enough and we can RP out the major deals. Others skills that might be useful would be Computer, Craft, Profession, and Repair. You may want to consider the Negotiator PrC (it as well as the computer and repair skills are in the d20 Modern SRD.)

There is also an Eschaton race that, while exotic, has some advantages in trade. The Borogashi look somewhat like deep sea angler fish, with extended flexible pectoral fins that have fingers. They can 'swim' through the air (move 20' man poor) although their native atmosphere is a dense oxygen-methane mix (in which they move at 30' man good). Stat mods are Str -2 Cha +2 and get a +4 to diplomacy checks involving trade. The Borogashi also have a trade network that allows them to smuggle illegal goods with a low chance of interception. I'll post more details if you're interested.

(And thanks to Avalon and Vertexx69 for the info.)

Last edited:

Remove ads