Eschaton OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Updated sheet, also in RG. Comments are welcome at this point! Note that I'm intentionally making the character lean a bit more towards administration/ruling/etc as far as items go. The mirror, for example, I had replaced at one point with a very powerful protective magic ring. Then I decided that she didn't really engage in single combat with equal foes all that often...and that the mirror would b e MUCH more useful to a planetary overlord than a defensive ring. So...boom. Result - she's not exactly optimized to be a combat monster...but I think she can hold her own in most f ights. :)

Almost done...comments welcome!

[sblock]Name: "Sigil"
Race: Human (fey)
Class/Level: Warlock 20
Exp:

Desc: The woman who now calls herself Sigil is as apt as not to cloak herself in various illusionary guises, finding the exercise of creativity and imagination somewhat invigorating. Her natural form is beautiful, if showing some signs of her alien heritage. She is tall and slim, with an ageless face and skin that is tinted greenish blue. She tends to wear relatively simple, but elegant garb...silk gowns and dresses, sometimes leaning towards more gossamer materials; typically in shades of green, violet and blue. At one hip she carries a long, slender wand of spiraling, tapering crystal. At the other is a broad-bladded fencing dagger that she wields in her left hand. Around her shoulders is an aquamarine shawl that loops around her arms, and a hooded cloak the color thick grey smoke that hangs unnaturally still, even in wind. Sigil also has a habit of drifting at least a few inches off the ground, unless sitting or lying on something. It is rare in the extreme for her to actually walk.

Strength (STR) 8 -1
Dexterity (DEX) 20 +5
Constitution (CON) 20 +5
Intelligence (INT) 14 +2
Wisdom (WIS) 14 +2
Charisma (CHA) 30 +10

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
AC: 29 (10 +5 dex +9 armor +3 deflection, +2 insight), Flatfoot 29, Touch 20
Hit Points: 174/174
Movement: 30' (30' flight, Good)

Init: +5
Base Attack Bonus: +15/+10/+5
Melee Attack: +14/+9/+4
Ranged Attack: +20/+15/+10
Fort: +16 (+6 base +5 resist +5 Con)
Reflex: +18 (+6 base +5 resist +5 dex +2 insight)
Will: +19 (+12 base +5 resist, +2 wis)

Race Abilities
Bonus Feat
Bonus Skills

Class Abilities:
Eldritch Blast 11d6
Detect Magic at will
DR 9/cold iron
Deceieve Item (take 10 on UMD checks, even under stress)
Fiendish Resiliance 5
Energy Resistance 10: Fire and Cold
Imbue Item

Skills: 20+95
Bluff +40 (19 ranks + 10 Cha + 6 Invocation, +5 item)
Concentration +25 (20 ranks +5 Con)
Diplomacy +16 (+10 Cha + 6 Invocation)
Disguise +15 (5 ranks +10 Cha) (+2 when acting, +10 with Disguise Self)
Intimidate +26 (10 ranks + 10 Cha + 6 invocation)
Knowledge (Arcana) +12 (10 ranks + 2 Int)
Knowledge (The Planes) +12 (10 ranks + 2 Int)
Sense Motive +22 (20 ranks +2 Wis)
Spellcraft +14 (10 ranks + 2 Int + 2 Synergy)
Use Magic Device +21 (11 ranks + 10 Cha)

Feats
1 Fey Heritage (+3 to save vs Enchantment)
1 Fey Power (+1 DC and +1 CL with Invocations)
3 Fey Skin (+4 DR/cold iron)
6 Spell Penetration
9 Fey Legacy (Confusion, Dimension Door, Summon Monster V, 1/day each)
12 Craft Contingent Spell
15 Empower Spell Like Ability: Eldritch Blast
18 Quicken Spell Like Ability: Flee the Scene

Languages - Common, Sylvan, Draconic

Invocations
Least
- Beguiling Presence (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)
- Dark One's Luck (+10 luck bonus to any one save)
- See the Unseen (See Invis + Darkvision 60')

Lesser
- Charm (Charm Monster, Will DC 25, only 1 victim at a time)
- Fell Flight (fly speed = ground speed)
- Flee the Scene (75' dim door, leaves Major Image of caster)

Greater
- Devour Magic (+14 melee touch, +20 caster level)
- Repelling Blast (Ref save DC 27)
- Painful Slumber of the Ages (Will Save DC 27)

Dark
- Retributive Invisibility
- Word of Changing (Fort Save DC 26)
- Dark Foresight

Money - 1899

Weapons -
Defending Dagger +4, 58301
Rod of Magical Precision, 12000

Armour -
Death Warded Mithril Chain Shirt +5, Glamered, 37800

Gear -
- In Survival Pouch

- On person
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

- In Pouches
Small steel mirror, 10gp, .5lb
Money

Magic -
Jahara's Exquisite Looking Glass - A full length mirror in a frame of gold and platinum formed into bas relief of strange creatures, both fair and foul, twining and curling and merging into one another. The mirror's surface is not glass, nor metal, nor any substance easily identified. The reflections it casts are flawless, as are the images that can be called into it by one who commands the mirror. The owner can instruct the mirror to display any location on any plane, as if there was a Clairvoyance spell in effect to that locale. Spells and effects that prevent scrying work normally against the mirror. Any living creature appearing in the mirror can be the subject of a Detect Thoughts effect. The owner can ask the mirror a short question regarding a creature currently being shown in the device, it answers as per Legend Lore, once per week. When the mirror has a distant location showing in it, its surface becomes permeable...anyone present can step through it to arrive at the shown location. An invisible portal exists at that location for up to 24 hours, during which time anyone who knows that it's there can move through it to the mirror's location. Mirror of Mental Prowess, 175000

Annulus Kinesos - A plain gold band that gives its wearer the ability to project and control an invisible, yet quasi-physical force. This functions as a Telekinesis spell, cast at 9th level. Ring of Telekinesis, 75000

Mask of Lies - An elegant masquerade mask that fits over the upper nose, eyes and forehead. Black, with swirls of white that seem to writhe and twist slowly. It can cast Disguise Self continuously, blocks any detection of alignment, and the subtle hypnotic effect of the white lines gives the wearer +5 circumstance bonus to Bluff checks. Mask of Lies, 17000

Shroud of Niktus - A flat charcoal grey cloak that seems to reflect no light, nor flutter in any wind. Anyone within the shroud will utterly fail to register on any divination or detection spell...even scrying will overlook the presence of the shrouded. In addition, the wearer's mind is cloaked; it cannot be read or affected by any outside force. Purchased as Third Eye of Concealment, using cloak slot as "protection." 120000

Greater Chauseble of Fell Power, 18000 - A long, shawl-like garment of light blue and silver hue, the Chauseable is worn across her shoulders, and twines loosely around her arms. When she casts elfbolts (eldritch blasts), crackles of energy discharge down its length.

Vest of Resistance +5, 25000 - A short, brief garment of gold-trimmed royal blue silk, embroidered with protective runes and symbols.

Boots of Teleportation, 49000 - Take the form of sandals that have thongs twining around the wearer's legs up to mid-shins, greek style.

Ring of Protection +3, 18000

Handy Haversack, 2000
Survival Pouch, 5000

Tome of Leadership +1, 27500
Belt of Health +6, 36000
Tiara of Charisma +6, 36000
Gloves of Dexterity +6, 36000

Wand of Shield, 750
Staff of Healing, 27750

Background: Pending
[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Rogue's Gallery up

Belatedly, I've put up an RG thread. Please copy your characters here.

Also

Shayuri - Fey followers are no problem. But normally a fey entourage is considerably less loyal than bound spirits. You can have a world where about half of the population of about 10,000 is fey, including an entourage of capricious and tricksy elites, all in addition to your points of loyal followers. If you do take fey followers, there should be some backstory as to why they are so loyal. Verdant Princes from MM4 would make perfect sense here due to the binding bargains they make. But any fey could concievably swear an oath of fealty they would be forced to abide by given the right circumstances. Keep in mind that your planet will have its own world-spirit. You don't get to choose the its nature. But, so long as you don't overspend your wealth allotment by more than 15%, the world-spirit will consider Sigil the rightful suzerain of Faerie. And that, in and of itself, would be reason for some but not all fey on the planet to actually be loyal.

hero4hire - Jack of All Faces seems pretty cool. One thing I should note, and apologies if I'm being to literal. You described Jack's troupe as a Carnival of Souls. Eschaton society is tetchy about the binding or stealing of souls. Essentially, its legal to bind someone's soul only so long as a bargain is knowingly made to trade it. But someone unscrupulous could buy souls from desparate people on certain barbaric worlds, for services that are easy enough for a PC to render, and then trade them to spirits for all sorts of useful things.

Rino - Apologies for not mentioning earlier that stealing souls is illegal in Eschaton society. I don't know if that is a large part of your character concept. But Gimor will need to take precautions against scrying before using Imprison Soul.

Rino

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Rino - Apologies for not mentioning earlier that stealing souls is illegal in Eschaton society. I don't know if that is a large part of your character concept. But Gimor will need to take precautions against scrying before using Imprison Soul.

well I was thinking more in the direction of creating a massive horde of UD
okay, but otherwise it looks good?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Oh, I wouldn't expect fey to be anything other than what their natures suggest. :) The exception to that would be a fey spirit or two that are actually in Sigil's court or personally associated with her (ie - bought with points). The current idea I have is that Sigil was able to muster and organize (if only briefly) a campaign to overthrow a cruel and despotic fey lord. Because of this, and because her own rule is considerably more benelovent, there's a general feeling of goodwill towards her in the greater fey population (clearly not 100% though :)) and she's won the personal respect and loyalty of a few fey and feyblood who have sworn to her more formally. More detail to be in the background, assuming this basic concept is acceptable.

On a side note, Sigil's not overspent at all. I made do with standard starting funds. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
Voidrazor said:
Belatedly, I've put up an RG thread. Please copy your characters here.

hero4hire - Jack of All Faces seems pretty cool. One thing I should note, and apologies if I'm being to literal. You described Jack's troupe as a Carnival of Souls. Eschaton society is tetchy about the binding or stealing of soulsl.

Well Yes and No on the being literal part. You mentioned we often have "Spirits" who serve us.
I wasn't exactly planning on stealing or binding souls of the dead. More he takes in "Lost Souls" so to speak.

I havent exactly determined the game mechanics on what his servants are yet. :heh:

LogicsFate

First Post
Concept (incomplete)

[sblock]
On a small world, in dark room, lights played out across and otherwise blank board. The large black eyes of the light's only obsever glaze for a moment, and the mind of the observer is whisked away, across the landscape, to a spiraled metal tower belching black smoke. There had been anouther accident; a pipe burst, a gout of steam, at least 3 dead, many more injured. He saw what needed to be done, and because he knew, his subjects knew, and they moved to repair the damage. More would die clamping the pipe shut. The wounded would be processed for food. Weeks of work would be saved. Though none would cheer or groan or complain.
The observers mind and vision snapped back to the dark room as anouther flash of lights played against his board.

He wasn't always know as the First, it's mearly a title he picked up from his subjects. When he was less he was an Technomancy, an arftificier, a scientist. Given control of a world that should have proven untamable[/sblock]

Remove ads