Eschaton OOC

Avalon®

First Post
Voidrazor, do we really need to have control of a planet? How about something like a roving mercenary band or a gladiator ring?

Voidrazor

First Post
Paper_Bard said:
[sblock]Okay... here's my character concept. I'm assuming that Unbodied are an alien race... what with the psifi thing going on. (misspelling on purpose).

The creature known as Maledictus arrived in Eschaton space two centuries ago. Aboard an Alien ship, the creature immediately demanded an audience with the relevant authorities.
Maledictus claimed he fled from a civil war on his home land. He claimed to be the last surviving Cognitor, creatures who simply wished to ponder the meanings of life. In exchange for giving them access to the technology in his ship's databanks, Maledictus was given a planet to ponder upon. He was given command over the entire populace so that he might be taken care of as he pondered phylisophical themes. He was given the title Auturach and shuttled to the planet Korlish.
Maledictus has since taken over the populace through mind control. He has no lofty goals of quiet meditation. He enjoys control, and intends to bring all other planets under his rule.
Maledictus is a natural telepath. Having no physical body, Maledictus often uses his psychcic abilties to suit his needs. He enjoys playing with people's minds, seeing thier brains as little more than putty.
Maledictus appears as a translucent, floathing brain in his natural guise. He has the innate ability to change his form at will, however, and uses this ability to his full advantage.
He keeps the ruse of peace through clever mental manipulation and guise.
Maledictus has developed a telepathic system not unlike sattelite television in its basic implementation. He broadcasts his will through telepthic nodes called "Thought Trodes" which link to every home, work place, and buidling on the planet. By using a select number of low-level psions to use as 'conductors' he can transmit a singal message all over the world without exhausting his power.
He has a standing army, claiming that he needs protection from slaver and pirates and the like. They are all fanatically devoted to him.

What do you think?[/sblock]

Sounds pretty good overall. But there are some details to resolve. Maledictus wouldn't be given a terraformed planet and large staff 'just for showing up'. But he could have been around for a while and earned it, or taken over whichever one was hosting him (which would be relatively easy if the host Citizen was too proud to request help), or he could have settled on a planet that was considered unihabitable by most lifeforms.

In terms of controlling the populace there are a couple of options. For free you could have a population of several thousand 1 HD people with no special abilities plus about 10 CR5 psionic creatures. Or you could spend some of your starting wealth on the thought trodes. The more you spend, the larger the amount of people you could control more reliably. The trodes would also let you control some people (possibly unreliably) with class levels, but you wouldn't get to hand pick them.

On a minor note Autarchs are the middle class. Citizens are the world rulers. Sounds backwards I know.

Voidrazor

First Post
ravenkith said:
Still need players? If so, I'm in.

Probably run a Telepath/Thrallherd, if allowed.

You are certainly welcome to submit a character. As Paper Bard mentioned a Thrallherd would have to be modified a bit to work in the campaign. But the PrC would allow you to control additional critters and/or ensure slavish loyalty.

Paper_Bard

First Post
Well he's a citezan then. As for the previous, I was thinking he 'convinced' a few.
Also, how much gold are we talknig about for the thought trodes?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Any room for more?

I'd love to play the Dark Hunter in this setting

The Dark Hunter Druid 18
The Dark Hunter comes as a storm, a shadow of darkness, a force of destruction, it lives for the hunt and for the frenzy of the kill.
Those who embrace the Way of the Dark Hunter, are creatures of stealth and cunning and dread. Bloodthirsty slayers he see the whole world as their hunting ground

Actually could I play the Dark Hunter as a Nightwing (Nightshade) which is HD17?

Vertexx69

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Customized stat enhancers are fine but you'll have to pay 1.5 times the cost for anything that doesn't follow the body slot affinity guidelines.

They should look a little better now. I figure in a cosmology of infinite prime planes, fantasy/futuristic fusion, who would where a cape honestly :p

Do the feats psychoanalyst and psychic inquisitor still exist in 3.5? Maybe in complete psionics or something?

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Paper Bard - 112,500 for thought trodes that effect up to 100,000 humanoid people with Psionic Dominate lasts for a day but can be used twice per day DC 14 + your Int bonus, effects wear off immediately upon leaving the planet. 127,500 for trodes that last 17 days but can still be used twice per day. 157,500 for day long trodes effecting up to a million people. 172,500 for a 23 day long effect on up to a million. The DC can also be pumped up relatively cheaply and type effected, but having the effect last on people after they leave the planet would cost double.

Tonguez - You're welcome to submit a character. Do you mean the Dark Hunter PrC from CWar? And yes, a Nightwing would be OK. It would be a mere LA +2, but your point buy would be only 33 since you'd have no Con.

Vertexx69 - Good point. I was thinking about it from a play balance perspective. But don't worry about it for now. I might nitpick about it later, but very likely will not. I'm not familliar with those feats. Could you write them up for me?

Vertexx69

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Vertexx69 - Good point. I'm not familliar with those feats. Could you write them up for me?

They are from the 3.0 psionics handbook.

Psychic Inquisitor [Psionic]
You know when others lie.
Prerequisite: Cha 13+, Psychoanalyst
Benefit: When a living humaniod lies directly to you, you percieve it. You detect a maximum number of lies per conversation equal to your charisma modifier. A conversation with an individual, once concluded, may not be renewed with psychic inquisitor active for a period of 8 hours. You decide when, or if, top begin using this feat during a conversation.

Psychoanalyst [Psionic]
Your knowledge of the mind gives you influence with others.
Prerequisite: Cha 13+
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidate checks against living humanoids with an intelligence score of 4 or higher. You get the same +2 bonus on charisma checks used to influence or interact with living humanoids having an intelligence score of 4 or higher.

Sidebar: The Third Eye "Expose" was originally based on this feat and therefore only cost 12k, instead of 112k since in 3.5 once these feats were gone it had to be based on the 8th level power Bend Reality (which is effectively the wish power).

Last edited:

Remove ads