Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

BigB

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"I was wondering how it had turned out, I haven't heard much about it since we've returned, I am afraid." Ashnar joins the talk on the tournament. She adds "To be honest, Master Octavio's entrance was more or less the first I've heard about the outcomes."

Khairi smiles a moment and then thoughtfully replies Well, I did miss much of the celebration as a beautiful princess with a nasty sword arm caught my eye and occupied some of time, honorably of course. We did catch some of the performances and they were excellent. I do know Semabin, a fellow Sairundani, placed in many events and I was lucky enough to finish 1st in the novice duel. I had thought a brutal Orc to take 1st but he was cut down by the princess and then disappeared. Imagine that! But you should get one of these illusionists to recreate some of the events so you can view them. It was a grand time.

Boddynock said:
OOC: Dwarf? :confused:

IC: "I've had lessons for a while now but it doesn't come naturally to me. Still, I love music, and the change of discipline is a great relief from revising thaumaturgic principles. I've also found that arpeggios help with some of the more convoluted somatic components."

Peladus greets Rinaldo and then, when Ashnar arrives, he kisses her hand, and says, "Welcome, fair one. I'm Peladus Bralc. I take it you're known to these others but I have not, 'til now, had that pleasure. Please, tell me your name."

ooc:sorry about the dwarf remark. Must have gotten my adventures mixed up?Ha. Fight a dragon, go to a party...you can see how that could happen right :confused:

Khairi looks at the mage a bit puzzled. I admit I know nothing of the arcane, I stick to what I can hold in my hand, but I do also appreciate the lure of music.

ethandrul

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: It's a chance for some characters to tell other characters stories in character, which is fun. It's like the chance to tell someone about your character and actualy have them be interested. It's also a warmup for the main event, giving judges time to gather their notes and such. You're perfectly welcome to not participate if you wish.

ooc-Thats great for those of us with tales to tell- not so much for all of us noobs who have yet to start an adventure. I've been waiting since October-

Richard Rawen

First Post
ethandrul said:
ooc-Thats great for those of us with tales to tell- not so much for all of us noobs who have yet to start an adventure. I've been waiting since October-

[sblock=OOC: October! ]*Laughs* No offense dude, but at least three of us finished an adventure with a DIRECT hook into the MA (We were told to expect it by a freaking DRAGON no less)

And that was in JUNE.
Early June.
Waiting on others is the nature of PbP. I am not saying I'm always the most patient mind you. Personally I have other PbP's that I am in, you can find many ways to pass the time, but you cannot make dozens of other people meet your schedule or impatience :p
I thought your two-drunk-Dwarf routine was pretty good myself, sure it can get boring, but I'm guessing that we've got several months to a year of adventure brewing . . . and you can't rush a good brew :) [/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"So..." Fimbus says, the conversation seeming to have died down in his little group. "Anybody want to hear a story?" Nobody protests too loudly, so with a grin, the gnome draws his hand in arc above his head, letting bright red sparks fall from his fingers in a curtain. "Let me tell you the tale of my namesake!"

"Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the First was a poor country gnome, living in a humble hole in a hill on the outskirts of the small kingdom of Medibaria." Fimble paints a scene of a green hill and tiny blue gnomes working a small plot of land. "He had a pretty little wife with whom he was very in love, and she with him. They had their holey home, a barely profitable garden, and a beautiful baby boy, named after his dad."

"One fateful day, the nation of Medibaria got into a conflict with its neighboring nation, Hendralia, and, as nations often do, they declared war on each other." The green hill transforms into a red knight on a horse with a huge head, the blue figures combine to create a gnomish peasant running from the mounted knight. "You all might have heard of it, happened about 200 years ago. Anyway, as an able-bodied male, my grandpa Fimbus was drafted into the army." The peasant stops, turns around, and dances under the legs of the knight's war steed. "In the war, this poor but extremely intelligent gnome faced such universal problems as racism, aristocratic arrogance, and 'height-ism'. Yet through some courageous deeds, young Fimbus eventually earned some command." The gnome in the illusion grabs the horse's reins, leaps up onto the saddle, and cuts off the knight's massive head. It flies into the air in slow motion and explodes in a tiny burst of red fireworks.

"My grandpa, with his squad of gnomish 'mini-men', as they were affectionately called, destroyed bridges, walls, and buildings of the enemy with remarkable efficiency and speed." The knight-slaying blue gnome is now mounted on the red horse, which has become a riding dog. Behind him, many identical gnomes on dogs ride. The gang charges under an illusory bridge, knocks out a few supports, and the bridge comes tumbling down into the glowing blue stream below it, creating little splashes of light. "Many men owe their lives to the mini-men, and the war was expeditious and victorious for the small kingdom. Fimbus was honored and glorified by the king, he received several medals for 'Courage in the Service of His Country' and 'Ingenuity and Excellence' and 'Expert Leadership'. His reputation among the people was that of a magnificent hero." The gnomes dismount their riding dogs and raise the lead gnome onto their shoulders. The dogs melt and turn into fireworks.

"I wish that were the end of my tale," Fimbus says, with a sad note in his voice, "But that day, an assassin from the enemy had infiltrated the capital to kill the king. The murderer confused the festivities as monarchial ceremonies and killed young Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the First." The gnome being honored in the illusory scene suddenly goes limp as a red bolt shoots through his chest. The mob around him throws him into the air, where he floats, lifeless. A few feet away, the source of the killing red bolt is now noticed; a dark purple humanoid figure which had been hiding in Babette's hair now makes a run for it. The blue mob chases the purple figure in the air around your heads until the blue engulfs the purple. Tiny sparks of purple fly out of the swarming blue mass.

"The news eventually reached the pretty little wife." The blue mob settles down and turns into a green hill. The body of the blue gnome floats over to it, along with a bright golden chest, as two more gnomes made of blue light emerge from a hole in the hill. "She was devastated and not comforted at all by the vast fortune that was given to her for her husband's success in the military." The taller of the new gnomes sobs over the body and shoves aside the golden chest. It soars away and buries itself in Devlin Magruder's backpack, disappearing from sight. "She hid most of it away and continued her life in her humble hole in the hill on the outskirts of the small kingdom, raising her son to be as much like her beloved spouse as she could." The scene has a decidedly subdued hue to it now. As the mother gnome slowly works the plot of land, it fades away into nothing.

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Richard Rawen said:
*Laughs* No offense dude, but at least three of us finished an adventure with a DIRECT hook into the MA (We were told to expect it by a freaking DRAGON no less)

People from The Crux of the Matter come back from the futur, thanks to chronomancy. And your Dragon is not really a dragon... I would rather meet a dragon, it is easier to kill. I'll keep the suspense. :p [/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"He looks, another story." shouts Salvador poitning at Fimbus as he starts his story. He jumps from his seat and come near the gnome. Valeria looks at the kids. "Salvador!" but the kid doesn't listen to his mother. Hogarth stands up. "I'll watch Salvador." tells Hogarth "Isabella, do you... want to... come?". The young girl shook his head and continue to eat her dessert. The elven cleric stands up and walks behind the kid. She keeps an eye on him and listen to the gnome story.

Knight Otu

First Post
(I can certainly understand people getting antsy - the MA has been delayed for some time. I do have to say that you should enjoy the calm while it lasts. Rystil's adventures can occasionally have a lot going on. :] )

Boddynock said:
Peladus steps forward gallantly.

"Oh, please - don't go just because of a misunderstanding. Certainly this form you wear is pleasing to the eye," - this said with a smile and a slight bow - "but it's clear that your story is likewise fascinating - and I, for one, would be most happy to hear it."

"Here," he says, deftly relieving her of her glass and replacing it with a tumbler of fresh, clear water, "drink this to clear your head. And come, let's ask these fine musicians for another number."
"Uh, thank you." Ashnar says, subconciously touching one of her burn marks as she accepts the water "Though this isn't the place or time to tell the story." She nods thankfully to Khairi as he recounts his experience at the tournament. "Thank you, it seems we missed some very exciting events."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
jaker2003 said:
Jace seems sober, "Tales? Hmm. I don't have much in the way of stories. As a child I once became lost in the cold of winter . . ." Looking at the sand-blasted tan skin of the others around him, "That's when the sun is hidden behind clouds; the days are short and the nights long. The air grows so cold that the rain freezes into little flakes of ice called snow. The snow piles up and can be as dangerous as a sand dune. Anyway I was small and alone and very lost. I was only gone that one day, but it still felt so terribly cold, as if the life were being pulled from my core, the warmth from my skin was gone . . ." Jace trails off. "But then my parents found me and rushed me home to thaw by the hearth, and everything was happy again."

Quozen smiled, fascinated. "I have certainly never heard of such a wonder as snow! When it becomes cold enough, even the water becomes hard like pumice? What an amazing world this is.

Yet still, the message is clear! It is better to find friends, companions, the like-minded. When it is one against the world... the world wins. But thank you for the warning, friend. I should like to see the snow, yet if it can suck the life from one, then it is a beauty to be respected. and feared."

ethandrul

First Post
jaker2003 said:
Jace seems sober, "A devotion . . . you mean faith, a patron whom I would call on for help and guidance? No, not so much. On my travels, there was much the same teachings in every temple I stopped at. Sure, one would stress obedience, another freedom, but most of the priests told different stories bearing the same lessons. I skipped the 'searching for my patron' and went straight to help and educate the people.

Tales? Hmm. I don't have much in the way of stories. As a child I once became lost in the cold of winter . . .
"
Looking at the sand-blasted tan skin of the others around him, "That's when the sun is hidden behind clouds; the days are short and the nights long. The air grows so cold that the rain freezes into little flakes of ice called snow. The snow piles up and can be as dangerous as a sand dune. Anyway I was small and alone and very lost. I was only gone that one day, but it still felt so terribly cold, as if the life were being pulled from my core, the warmth from my skin was gone . . ." Jace trails off. "But then my parents found me and rushed me home to thaw by the hearth, and everything was happy again."

I assume you were properly beaten after this escapade! You could have cause the death of family and friends- wondering unprotected from the elements is one way to quickly enhance your bothers inheritence!When the time comes- perhaps the 2 of you and my cousin Droogle and I could join up. I like the idea of having a cleric with me- even a fool of a cleric hasin smiles at this last commentHopefully you won't endanger me... But know I would have tanned you with a barbed lash then bathed you in salt

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"No, I'm afraid that it was far from defeat. It just wasnt around when we escaped. Perhaps another time, though I'd hope not, honestly. I am but one of you, as you put it. A librarian at heart. I've been collecting spells to bring to the library actually. I've amassed quite the amazing collection." he replies, turning a little red at her open flattery. As Rinaldo and Ashnar raise toasts to him, Tenebrynn excuses himself from Kiara for the moment to thank the two of them. After spending a little more time in her company, he apologizes again, "I'm afraid that I must return to my role as host. Not really my style, but I wanted this to be a grand affair, and I guess that means I have to play the part."
"Oh, um...well, yes, this party is really great. Good luck then. I'll...can I...let's talk again later."

*As Tenebrynn heads away to return to his role as a host, Kiara goes to talk with one of the other librarians. If he looks over at her from afar, he notices that she seems a bit flustered and upset with herself about some of her responses, as if she has figured out the perfect things to say only now in hindsight.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases