Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace retrieves his pack from the Red Dragon Inn and stands ready to embark on the long journey with magic horses and free food from the gods.

Bison

First Post
Droggle retrieves his pack as well, and while the other adventures are busy bustling about, he sits alone at a table, inspecting his armor, making sure everything is in place. and he tests the edges and points on his weapons as well. confident everything is in order he waits ready to go.

ethandrul

First Post
Bison said:
Droggle retrieves his pack as well, and while the other adventures are busy bustling about, he sits alone at a table, inspecting his armor, making sure everything is in place. and he tests the edges and points on his weapons as well. confident everything is in order he waits ready to go.

Droogle- put your hrad on the table so I can test the edge of my axe! So, look at my new armor spikes- nice eh?

Knight Otu

First Post
Boddynock said:
"A hangover? Ah, then you've only ever drunk inferior champagne. The finest simply laves your body like a sweet and delicate breeze."
"Or maybe I'm.... wait, laves my body... a... are you sure that's... what you wanted to say?"

(OK, to reiterate the numbers:
Direct route is 550 miles. You need to make at least 46 miles per day to be in time. Due to the 15-hour rides, the mountcasting way reaches nearly 60 miles a day (slightly less due to the two minutes or so needed to cast all the spells and mount up, but that's not a very noticeable drop), even when then magic mounts are encumbered, and I believe they can carry up to 450 pounds. Most people should be able to use that option comfortably. The mages, of course, must use it, since they provide the mount spells.
Those who want to use their own mounts need unencumbered light horses or better, light warhorses. Other horses don't cut it, perhaps with hustling and forced-marching but I haven't looked deeply into that (and is likely to kill the horse). Even with the light warhorses, you have hardly any buffer if something happens on the way.)

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar raises her hand, pointing at Peladus, and opens her mouth as if to say something, but then shakes her head. "I'll get water. For both of us. For drinking. No more alcohol for me tonight." When she passes Rinaldo on the way back with two glasses, she whispers a question to him.
"I'm not THAT drunk, am I?"
Then continues on her way to give Peladus one of the glasses. "You'll have to drink the champagne without my help, I guess."

ajanders

Explorer
Ooc

Michael would like to purchase a good-quality map of the country between Orussus and the Academy: his naive hope is that such a thing might grant a +2 equipment bonus to avoid getting lost.
After that, it's horse buying. Again.

One more question added, sorry.
Saddle and bridle for a horse are not like clothes on a person, are they? (That is, they do not count for encumbrance purposes?)

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Since Nurlan is going with the group that finds naturally-growing horses a burden, Lordy is available for borrowing by anyone who promises to take good care of him and to meet up in Medibaria. Any takers?

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"I'm not THAT drunk, am I?"

Rinaldo come closer to Ahsnar and whisper him in draconic.
[SBLOCK=Draconic]"No, you're not drunk. But the alcool seems to have soften you a bit. I had expected that you react more to the second hand kiss Peladus gave you. I don't know if it is the alcool or just you who start to accept your new body."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads