Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

ethandrul

First Post
Hasin pulls against Jaces grip.Hmph! You speak sense. But when this is over- Human. your tounge will beg to be cut out of your dying body.
Hasin backs off- and looks at his friends- SO, I hope you saved me a nice comfortable magic horse.

Bison

First Post
Droggle turns to Hasin

you are better off without that tempermental donkey anyway cousin. he ate far more than he should, and bites everyone who gets near. I hope they make a fine meal out of him before we get back.

Im sure the house would appreciate a good stew

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus Bralc, human Wizard 1

"Easy go, easy come!"

Peladus grins, tossing the coins he's just retrieved from Rinaldo so that they chink pleasingly in the palm of his hand.

"Now, does this mean the party's over, or is there more champagne to be had? I, for one, could do with some!"

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar turns to Peladus, keeping her face stern. "I believe the champagne is reserved for after saving the world." She finds, however, that she can't keep her face stern, and smirks. "Or maybe not. I think there is some time left in the day. But not too much - we shouldn't have a hangover two weeks from now."

Boddynock

First Post
"A hangover? Ah, then you've only ever drunk inferior champagne. The finest simply laves your body like a sweet and delicate breeze."

ajanders

Explorer
ethandrul said:
I don't like your tone of voice. Are you calling me a weaking or a coward? I have travelled the Desert of the Lands of Fire! I WALKED from my home to this northern excuse for civilization, and you say to me I will not be comfortable? BAH! I hope you are eaten

"Thank you all for your kind words of support." Michael says dryly.

"You may come, Hasin, but if you fall behind I will leave you. There'll be no time for anything else."
Michael smiles mirthlessly.
"You may wish for Psergei before Sela is done with you."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael logistics

OOC
[sblock]
So, those of you poor suckers stuck with going my way.

We will be going cross-country for 350 miles over terrain that cuts movement. RA suggests we'll be all right with a base move of 40, so get yourself there any way you like.
Mules are going to get dusted in the first day: I believe they have a base move of 30. Hulgyr is a barbarian: he may not need a mount at all.

We need to go 25 miles a day, 8 hours only gives us 24 miles. So expect to do an hour's forced march/day minimum, bringing us there in basically 13 days.
Unfortunately, that assumes we don't get lost or delayed. With 13 Survival checks against a DC 15 to get lost, I'd expect to fail two or three. If we hit bad weather, we'll lose half a day. Therefore we'll need to build up a cushion: expect to start out with two or three hours of forced march and hopefully we'll be able to cut back.

Michael can provide magical support for the fatigue we'll be feeling and create some food and water, but that cuts into his combat healing. Let's not have unnecessary fights.

Bring 16 days of food: Michael can fund some of that, if necessary, and store some of it in his bag.

If you don't have a compelling reason to take this route, don't. Michael's compelling reason is not something he's willing to discuss with you.
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Creamsteak said:
[sblock=OOC]Gur has a fairly good survival bonus if it matters for anything. +14 for these circumstances.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Michael will be quietly ecstatic at the prospect of having someone better to learn from: also a little envious.
He remains definitive, however, that even with Gur's skills to draw on, that this will be a risky trip with a good chance of being late: they may not be lost, but they can still hit bad weather or fights.
"Nobody should go on this trip unless they have to, and if they have to, they know who they are."

(On a player basis, this is a bad bet. A bad enough run of survival checks could put the group into a death spiral that leaves some corpses much too far from the temple of Hyrag. The only reason Michael is doing it is because he thinks he could take the whole group down if he gets caught in Fallon.)
[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
"Well, if that's all settled now," Babette says referring to Hasin and Michael, "we should all make sure we're ready to go. Personally, there's a few things I want to pick up before we go, I'm off to the market," she adds, heading for the door.

ooc: Note sure if I need to document (or have approved) the specifics, but Babette wants to stock up on some potions & scrolls.

Remove ads