Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

ethandrul

First Post
ajanders said:
From post 484

Michael will be investing in light armor for traveling purposes: with his bag of holding, he should be able to stay at a light encumbrance.
With one hour of forced marching per day, he can travel 27 miles/day overland: he arrives in just under 13 days.
This assumes he makes all his survival checks and manages not to get lost or delayed in an encounter. As this is unlikely, he'll probably kick off with two hours of forced march per day and try to build up a safety margin.
He's also going to have to leave tomorrow. Bring good boots with fresh soles: Michael can take a good bit of gear in his bag of holding if necessary.

GM's please advise if my grasp of the world is not correct or if this is inconvenient.

Hmmm Well Michael- It would seem that If I went with you- I can take my Mule with me!
Do you mind the company of a couple of dwarves?

Lot

First Post
Lokin listens as the council is brought to everyone's attention. He listens to the other party-goers speak of their plans before he pushes himself away from the wall he has been leaning against. He speaks loudly for those around him to hear.

"I'm leaving tonight for this council. I have only the vaguest sense of where it is, but I hope to cross paths with some of you on the path, so we can find it together. I am going to purchase a horse now, drop by the inn for my gear, and be on my way. If anyone wishes to travel with me, meet at the gate in an hour. I need the extra time for travel to ensure I am not late, so I must use haste."

Lokin looks to the others in the room with a nod, then turns on his heel and walks out. His armor and heavy footsteps can be heard after he is out of sight.

[sblock=OOC]Lokin will purchase a heavy horse, saddle, bit, and bridle as well as 10 days of rations immediately. He will then grab the rest of his gear and head to the gate. If no one else is leaving that night, he will head out and ride through the night on the road. Edit: Since this material will cost him 222 gp and he only has 221, is it possible he can haggle 2 gp off the price so he can leave immediately.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Lot said:
"I'm leaving tonight for this council. I have only the vaguest sense of where it is, but I hope to cross paths with some of you on the path, so we can find it together. I am going to purchase a horse now, drop by the inn for my gear, and be on my way. If anyone wishes to travel with me, meet at the gate in an hour. I need the extra time for travel to ensure I am not late, so I must use haste."

Rinaldo speka to Lokin "You can either go with them," pointing Micheal group. "They are heading through the wilderness, or you can come with us. We supply you with horse that will be summoned. We have enough wizard to supply horses for everyone here. If you travel with a normal horse, he will need to rest or you'll kill him, which mean you'll be late."

[SBLOCK=OOC]If you travel with the large group or with Micheal's group, you'll be there in time. If you travel on an heavy horse, you'll need to leave now and the horse need to be light loaded if you want to arrive in time, as it takes 14 days to cover 550 miles with a speed of 50 feet. But as you character weight 210lbs, even naked, you load your horse. In other words, the option you have taken will bring you late at the meeting and with only 10 days of food, you'll starves too.[/SBLOCK]

Bison

First Post
ethandrul said:
Hmmm Well Michael- It would seem that If I went with you- I can take my Mule with me!
Do you mind the company of a couple of dwarves?

Droggle looks over at Hasin

well unless that smelly donkey of yours can carry us both, I think I may need to ride with the other group cousin

B4cchus

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"I'll be traveling with Michael in this instance, and Hulgyr I think you and Ironwolf should come too. Michael is right for us to avoid Fallon or we'll only slow down this urgent summons." says Eternity to Hulgyr.

"I go with you an Michael too, turnity lets ask Ironwolf. It will be just like before.. but without crazy Zeril."
ooc:
so Hulgyr will join the "Michael party"
There is no way Hulgyr can travel on a mount with a speed of 60. Naked, the orc already weights 230 lbs, putting any steed save a heavy warhorse in medium encumbrance.
The best he can do is load some equipment on someoneelse's horse and mount a heavy warhorse himself. This way he could get there in 11 days. If we leave this same day that would be ok.

-edit: there is one other solution: if Hulgyr would carry no eqipment whatsoever he could ride a light warhorse, putting it on the edge of medium load. His 105,5 lbs equipment would have to be distributed. With a horse with slightly greater strength he could carry some equipment himself.

Lot

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo speka to Lokin "You can either go with them," pointing Micheal group. "They are heading through the wilderness, or you can come with us. We supply you with horse that will be summoned. We have enough wizard to supply horses for everyone here. If you travel with a normal horse, he will need to rest or you'll kill him, which mean you'll be late."

Lokin hears Rinaldo speak just as he turns the corner, at which point he promptly returns.

"Oh...well. I had not really thought about it exactly. I figured if I rode hard and...well, yes. I see that you are correct. I would prefer the company, actually. I just didn't want to impose on anyone. I appreciate the offer. I am in your debt."

Lokin removes his gauntlet and extends his hand to shake Rinaldo's.

"I don't believe we have met, though I have heard of you, of course. I am Lokin Barnwill, humble swordsman and potential horse-killer, so it seems.

ajanders

Explorer
"If you have any option that does not involve traveling with me, you should take it."
Michael instructs.

"This is hard travel. You aren't doing your mounts any favors taking them with me: let them rest in Joe's stables. He'll take good care of them."

Michael coughs.

"You will all be far safer, more comfortable, and more timely traveling in a company under Rinaldo's care. Stick with him. Hassan, Droggle, Lokin, that means you three especially. Am I clear?"

ajanders

Explorer
B4cchus said:
"I go with you an Michael too, turnity lets ask Ironwolf. It will be just like before.. but without crazy Zeril."
ooc:
so Hulgyr will join the "Michael party"
There is no way Hulgyr can travel on a mount with a speed of 60. Naked, the orc already weights 230 lbs, putting any steed save a heavy warhorse in medium encumbrance.
The best he can do is load some equipment on someoneelse's horse and mount a heavy warhorse himself. This way he could get there in 11 days. If we leave this same day that would be ok.

-edit: there is one other solution: if Hulgyr would carry no eqipment whatsoever he could ride a light warhorse, putting it on the edge of medium load. His 105,5 lbs equipment would have to be distributed. With a horse with slightly greater strength he could carry some equipment himself.

OOC: I've gotta run some numbers based on RA's corrections -- which I don't have time for right now. I understand him to mean a horse with medium load could make this trip in a timely fashion, so Hulgyr can at least wear clothes.

Otherwise your hair needs to get grown out real fast, Lady Godiva.

Velmont

First Post
"Please to meet you." replies Rinaldo, shacking Lokin's hand. "And don't make any false idea, you won't be a burden at all. We will need help of anyone we can and that's why we are offering mount to any willing person. We have what we need to travel with fifty persons. I'll take care of buying the food at lower price, so if you haev 45 silvers, I'll buy your food for the next ten days."

"No need of... buying food." tells the elven priest of Gundar coming behind. "Gundar will gives it."

"I didn't tought about it. Thanks Hogarth. Perfect. So we will be supplying food also."

Rinaldo hands back teh Money Peladus and Jace have given him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Anyone who has given 45 silver to Rinaldo, gives it back. Hogarth will cast two Create Food and Water per day, feeding up to 48 person with it.

Finally, for Tents, Bedroll and Blankets, Rinaldo will also supply them. Using his class abilities, he can buy and sell any items at 90% of there cost, so in the end, it will cost him nothing... He just need to buy them in Orussus and sell them in Medibaria. Also, i suppose many eprosn have theres too. It is mainly to bring everyone in time at the council, so I hope there is no problem with that.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads