Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"We have fought side by side, Michael and I had thought we had put disagreements of the past behind us. With the other gone, I hope that we can move forward." says Eternity. She leaves Zaeryl's name unsaid. She had sided with Z against Michael and was still confused about her choices. She had chosen her own race, but her conscience had suffered for it. Everything they had done together in the end to try and save Duvik is what drove her now.
(OOC: Ironically, I think Zaeryl had been, quite by accident, on an equal or perhaps higher moral ground in that case too. Probably the first and only time ever :lol: )

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
(ooc: oh I agree, she has trouble doing so)
(OOC: Heh, I see how it is. Agreeing with Zaeryl makes her feel dirty ;) Hey, at least he got her butt out of the bacon :p It's fun to be that guy, at least sometimes. Thankfully Lasair is very different, so it doesn't get old)

jaker2003

Explorer
Velmont said:
"By the way, as we will not stop during the day, we will need trail ration. Take for 10 days, or simply gives me 45 silver and I'll buy it for you." adds Rinaldo.
OOC: By the way, we will need ration for that travel, for 10 days per person, which mean 5gp per person for the whole trip, as we won't stop to hunt or cook meals.
Jace pulls some coins from his purse (oh, great my male character has a purse) and offers 4gp and 5 sp to cover his meals during the long trip.

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Okay, it sounds like the plans are pretty much set. I'll move on to the Council probably Wednesday (tomorrow I have to take a final, grade a final, and fly home).

Here's what I need before then:

If you're going with Rinaldo and using summoned mounts, you don't need to post anything. I'll assume this is true of everyone who hasn't posted by Wednesday. It means that you don't get to bring a mount or pack animal of any kind (if you have one, Joe will keep it stabled here). You will take 10 days.

If you're doing something else, it has to be the equivalent or superior of going speed 60 for 8 hours a day (which is a base 48 miles a day). Let me know by posting.

Nurlan gets Michael's point and decides now is not the best time to ask for details. However, in response to the cleric's request for a loaned horse, he says, "If the others can arrange magical mounts for me, then you can take my horse, Lordy. He's stabled at the Red Dragon Inn. Take good care of him, feed him well, and we'll meet up in Medibaria. Who do you want me to give the letter to?"

OOC: ajanders, the earlier OOC comment about the horse wasn't specifically directed at you, but a propos of the more general problem of finding transportation for everyone. At that time people were still counting up mount spells and adventurers to compare numbers.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
If you're going by the main roads, you also need to show where you are getting your conventional mount (or turning into a small object if you are Eternity) that can move at speed 60 and then prove to me that your mount is not above light encumbrance.

[sblock=travel details]Nodis isn't interested in going with the main group, and sees it as a race. He'll use two fully augmented and Extended Servants to carry him in the best and most comfortable palanquin that can be created by Minor Creation, in two turns of 8 hours. That means he'll be spending 27 power points per day. The servants come with speed 60 and can carry him wihout penalty (supposing the weight is evenly spread between the two of them and the palanquin weights less than 37 lbs).

Since they are constructs and can Run without penalty, that means he can cover 384 miles daily, meaning he'll be there the day after tomorrow, at about tea time[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
OOC logistics

From post 484
Rystil Arden said:
...You can also cut across the wilderness, in which case it is only 350 miles. You can do that much easily in time on foot (except halflings and gnomes and dwarves and other 20 foot walkers who need ponies or such to keep up with speed 30) without risking fatigue by just hustling one hour each day...

Michael will be investing in light armor for traveling purposes: with his bag of holding, he should be able to stay at a light encumbrance.
With one hour of forced marching per day, he can travel 27 miles/day overland: he arrives in just under 13 days.
This assumes he makes all his survival checks and manages not to get lost or delayed in an encounter. As this is unlikely, he'll probably kick off with two hours of forced march per day and try to build up a safety margin.
He's also going to have to leave tomorrow. Bring good boots with fresh soles: Michael can take a good bit of gear in his bag of holding if necessary.

GM's please advise if my grasp of the world is not correct or if this is inconvenient.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I turned out to be wrong in that post because it ignored movement penalties for wilderness. By blazing a trail, you can reduce them substantially, but there will still be a small one. However, you are correct that it is doable with encumbered horses even (speed 40 is required, not 60). So people going with you don't need to show their horses are unencumbered. And with that, I'm gone--I shouldn't be posting at all today ;))

ajanders

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"We have fought side by side, Michael and I had thought we had put disagreements of the past behind us. With the other gone, I hope that we can move forward." says Eternity. She leaves Zaeryl's name unsaid. She had sided with Z against Michael and was still confused about her choices. She had chosen her own race, but her conscience had suffered for it. Everything they had done together in the end to try and save Duvik is what drove her now.

"Oh we will move forward. Starting tomorrow, I think we'd be moving forward twelve hours of the day and getting there just barely in time.
You thought I was foolish for saying Zaeryl's behavior controlled us? Unless you wanted to spend the next two weeks as a lapel pin, I would say you're going to be controlled by his behavior. I know I'd rather -- "

Michael checks himself.
"Forget it. We are out of time for this foolishness.
I need to be on the road by noon tomorrow. You want to come, come along. They'll be long days: hopefully Sela will assist us.
You pick a fight with another army, I leave you behind.
Remind Almayce about his issues too."

Remove ads