OD&D - AD&D 1e Adventures Updated for AD&D 2e

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I'm trying to make a list of first edition (and earlier) modules that were updated or somehow expanded upon in 2nd edition (excluding Forgotten Realms).

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
Return to the Tomb of Horrors
Return to the Keep on the Borderlands
Against the Giants - The Liberation of Geoff
Return to White Plume Mountain
Slavers

What am I missing?

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Philotomy Jurament said:
Wasn't there a silver anniversary Ravenloft?

Some of the Classic material was given the 2E treatment:
Karameikos
Glantri
Red Steel

Outside of the silver anniversary Ravenloft, I'm not really familiar with what modules the other titles are updates of.

diaglo

Adventurer
w_earle_wheeler said:
I'm trying to make a list of first edition (and earlier) modules that were updated or somehow expanded upon in 2nd edition (excluding Forgotten Realms).

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
Return to the Tomb of Horrors
Return to the Keep on the Borderlands
Against the Giants - The Liberation of Geoff
Return to White Plume Mountain
Slavers

What am I missing?
i guess you could include C1 and C2. although not them specifically. WotC did a lost tombs series at the tail end of 2edADnD that hinted at including them as part of it.

CsonTep

First Post
Road to Danger and Dungeons of Despair updated adventures from Dungeon Magazine. Wizards also rereleased Destiny of Kings.

KDM27

diaglo

Adventurer
Dungeon magazine also had a Return to White Plume mountain version which was better than the adventure released as Return to White Plume Mountain.

it was called Ex Keraptis or something similar

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Ravenloft was updated as House of Strahd.

Return to the Tomb of Horrors didn't actually update the original - it just had a facsimile of the 1e module included in the box.

diaglo said:
Dungeon magazine also had a Return to White Plume mountain version which was better than the adventure released as Return to White Plume Mountain.

it was called Ex Keraptis or something similar
Yup. Dungeon #77: Ex Keraptis Cum Amore

:)

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
CsonTep said:
Road to Danger and Dungeons of Despair updated adventures from Dungeon Magazine. Wizards also rereleased Destiny of Kings.

KDM27
and saltmarsh got added to 3.x in the DMG2, iirc.

of other potential updates...

um... The whole H series from 1edADnD/Battlesystem (around 1985) got ported over to the Forgotten Realms in 2edADnD. and then they did an update for that called The Bloodstone Pass or something similar. edit: FR9 Bloodstone Lands edit2: Bloodstone Pass was H1.

Last edited:

Remove ads