ROME - HBO series..our favorite series

zen_hydra

First Post
I agree. It is, without a doubt, my favorite show. The wife and I have been giving away the DVD sets as gifts to our friends and family.

Emirikol

Adventurer
That's not a bad idea. I saw them at B&N for $99 a season.

Funny, when I tell people about the show, they look at me like it's going to be like the old 1970's PBS specials or a cheap version of gladiator. Whoa are people in for a surprise when the actually sit down and watch it!

My wife says the "intimate scenes" alone kept her interested (I'm all for that!)

;)

jh

Agamon

Adventurer
1st season was incredible. 2nd season was pretty good. Overall great show. Two bad it got too costly to continue.

Pants

First Post
Agamon said:
1st season was incredible. 2nd season was pretty good. Overall great show. Two bad it got too costly to continue.
Antony MADE the season 2 awesome.

If there's any reason to watch Rome, it's to see Antony in the 2nd season. Oh yeah, the rest of the show is good too. ;)

Graybeard

Explorer
While I enjoyed both seasons, I have to say I thought season one was better. The acting was very good throughout and the scripts were quite good.

BadMojo

First Post
My wife and I loved it. I was like "Dynasty" with more stabbing.

You could always count on Pullo or Vorenus to get in scrap or Atia to do something devious and say something funny. Atia's line about her gift for Servilia will probably stick with me for life.

Remove ads