Do you prefer week-by-week or a full series drop?

Full drop or weekly?

• Full drop—I’m a binger, baby!

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Weekly—I like it slow and steady!

Votes: 33 50.0%

darjr

I crit!
Yeah, in TV seasons of old theybwdre broadcasting pretty soon after shooting each episode.
Yea. Nowadays they’ll have several episodes in the can even if they dole them out weekly. Just no. It’s like the new DnD channel making people wait for exact times to watch prerecorded shows. It’s kinda dumb.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I like both, however, writing and execution is huge. Netflix series tend to work very well as a binge drop. HBO does the weekly release better than anyone. Amazon Prime is absolutely terrible at the weekly release.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I like the weekly drop so there is a chance to ponder, discuss, speculate (and obsess!) over what will happen next with friends and online strangers.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I prefer the full drop because then the viewer can choose how they want to watch the show. If you want to watch one a day or one a week or one a month, that's entirely up to you. Weekly drops artificially extend subscriptions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I prefer the full drop because then the viewer can choose how they want to watch the show. If you want to watch one a day or one a week or one a month, that's entirely up to you.
You know you can do that with a weekly drop too? You just do it a few weeks later.

So I guess really it’s wanting to have it sooner, not wanting to be able to binge it.

The Soloist

Adventurer
Full drop, but watch it at my pace. Weekly, I often wait until it's done to start watching it. I used to do that with my VHS recorder. Record a season of B5 and then bing it. My friends hated me because they couldn't discuss the show during our weekly games until I was done.

Remove ads