Undine the Sea

Heckler

First Post
Amaury said:
ooc: ok, sooo no gather info then?

Jallembo seems to prefer the Blue Quarrel or the Sea Lion Last Laugh. He walks to the quays to check the quality of the vessel and the overall look of the crew.

If what he sees looks ok, he will ask both captains for the cost.
ooc: Either of these are OK with Babette, she'll tag along with Jallembo. What does our sponsor think, she's the one paying?

Ximix

First Post
Ximix is wise enough to know that he knows nothing of ships... and continues to hope to find some magical trifle amongst the shops in town.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: So, the plan was to gather back at the inn after doing our various investigations, right? If so....

"Ximix, one of the captains we spoke to today -- I think it was Captain Rosewater of the Dream Deferred -- wore what looked like a holy symbol, a pair of smiling lips. You are a student of the gods and their ways, are you not? Do you know what deity that symbol refers to, and what it says about the captain that he wears the symbol?" Corvinus will inquire when the party have gathered together.

Dargon

First Post
ooc:
Yes I am still here but beeing buried in work I am not so active so Nura is and will be in the background for some time. however I seem to get closer to the surface so I could start to speed up again within a week or two.
I belive the same goes for RA at the moment so that why things have slowed down a bit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to reply)

*Jallembo heads out through the night's gloom to check on the ships. The Blue Quarrel is a standard caravel. It seems to be meticulously kept and well-painted with a polished look, large enough to carry a goodly cargo as well as crew and maybe a few passengers as well. The Sea Dog's Last Laugh is a lot less standard of a ship--additional pieces have been added and adjustments made and jury-rigged, probably to optimise speed and manoeuvrability. The ship doesn't look as impressive because of the hodgepodge of different materials used, and it isn't as well-kept, but the captain claimed it sails extremely quickly.*

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf readies his equipment and tie his backpack tied. "Hum... it looks like a piece of sea ruble. Ah' bet we can get there faster swimming ha!" Krindorf comments as he looks the ship.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo heads back to the inn to discuss his findings to his companions. "Soooo, what do we think? Personally, these two last ships we saw were my preference.. I'm certainly not an expert and as we cannot get much more information about the boat quality I cannot tell. 'guess it's a question of trust. Maybe that if we can keep the vessel on the journey back, it would be good to have a fast vessel! Something tells me we won't be alone on this trip... and a speedy boat may help us avoid dangerous creatures if we ever meet these legendary octopuses they talk of..." he proposes.

Heckler

First Post
"They both seem fine to me," Babette says, "while the Quarrel seems the nicer, neater boat the captain of the Sea Dog seems quite sure that his boat is better."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"I would think a sturdy boat would be the best choice for avoiding encounters with sea creatures," Corvinus replies, more to make conversation than out of any particular strength of feeling. "A fast boat that falls apart halfway there only helps the sharks."

ooc: I, too, have no strong preference among boats.

Remove ads