Best Cavalier Build?

Kat'

First Post
Want french fries and a coke with that?

Knight 10/Cavalier 10. Throw in Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush and Shock Trooper in addition to the feat requirements from the Cavalier class (the bonus feats gained from Knight 5 and 10 really are helpful). Not optimized, but easy to use.

Klaus

First Post
Paladin 10/Cavalier 10, Charging Smite (PHBII) instead of special mount.

Lance - d8
Strength 20 - +5
Magic - +5
Smite - +10
Charging Smite - +20
Unstoppable Charge - x5, x7 on a crit.

adding up we get:
5d8 + 200; on a crit: 7d8 + 280.

For additional cheese, you can get Two-Weapon Pounce (PHBII), which lets you use two weapons at the end of a charge, and then wield two lances.

Sure, your mount will be expendable (you could alleviate that with Wild Cohort, or maybe ride a construct mount or a cohort), but you'll make creatures explode on charges.

Man, I never even considered a knight who uses two lances. That's like a sorcerer with two wands.

20060519.jpg

Skead

First Post
sorry if i come off as rude and demanding, but usually i dont have a lot of time to post the full-blown post i want too, but thank you so much for the responses :)

Haviclord

First Post
My Build

The spells you need for a Paladin10/Cavalier10 are 1 Sticky Saddle for +10 to ride check for staying on saddle and you tell your dm for late game that you don't tighten it all the way so you can use your horse as cover and have a +10 on the check so you can slip the saddle on the side with you. Master Cavalier which gives another +20 to checks and last 10 minutes per level. Also Phantom Charger + War-Mount. So you can ride across water/air - War mount gives your mount +2 on atk and dam and gives it good aligned natural weapons for overcoming DR. Phantom Charger allows you to teleport 5 ft per two caster levels for getting over tough terrain. However you can fly now equal to your mounts land speed which makes it kind of useless, but now that dragon who is flying away is going to be very sad. All this is set up for a big boss fight and the three spells give you the ability to fly until one ends (which will be war-mount). Now for damage Righteous fury which gives you x2 on charge attack which means the unstoppable charge does x10 and x14 on a crit and it lasts for 1 round every 2 caster levels. And that is my build that is pretty much my build so that way when you end it you should be able to get over 70 for ride checks and pretty much stop any monster in your path with the Mounted combat feat. Some other spells that also may help are anything that can help are Fell the Greatest Foe 1+6 for Large +2d6 for Huge, +3d6 for Gargantuan and +4d6 for Colossal. Find the gap is just for lowering AC. Lawful Sword or anything like it for automatic crit. Meteoric Strike for an extra 6d6 and it won't go off until discharged. And the only other that comes to mind is Divine Sacrifice. That is mine it's not perfect, but it's something :). - Haviclord

Last edited:

Remove ads