IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 2

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shayuri said:
"Really?" Talashia asks, sounding surprised. "I thought you'd be in the front, so your...your friend could track the scriber's scent."

Shai blushes slightly. "Dys has a great nose, but that bloke's been gone a while now; I'm not sure there'd really be any scent to follow."

Talashia shrugs. "Check the map, I suppose."

"You do have a map, right?"

Seemingly with nothing but real admiration, Shai says, "A map would have been a great idea! We should have mapped last time, for sure. Wish we'd had you along then. But maybe you could do it now? I mean, I figure you're good with the writing and all. You seem all learned and such, yeah?"

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia eyes Shai with suspicion, then says sourly, "I meant from the city. This isn't a natural cavern you know. Surely the magistrate has maps of the sewers, so they know where to go if there's blockage or other...such things."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark

"But the places that we are most interested in will not be on a sewer map. At least, I would have thought that you folk had your fill of the sewers the last time you were here! I have an idea that we are not going to find the goal of our quest floating along in a sewer. This chamber doesn't look like a sewer, is it one?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Leif]
Leif said:
Walking back beside Aunt Minnie (his donkey), Uulark clears gets his crowbar from its place. Clearing his throat, Uulark offers the crowbar to Caerwyn. "If I was you, I wouldn't be so eager to blunt my sword on that gate, especially when we have other tools available."

Would you please tell me just how in the world you got a donkey down here? An impressive feat, to say the least. ;)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I have no idea," Talashia replies. "A map would have told us."
She shrugs.

"Regardless, if there's no map, there's no map. When we leave, if we haven't succeeded yet, I'll see if I can find and get one. For now, lets move on. We'll just tell them we found the gate already smashed."

Leif

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
[sblock=Leif]

Would you please tell me just how in the world you got a donkey down here? An impressive feat, to say the least. ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=DM]I shrank him down reeeeal small, and put him in my pocket? :heh: Sorry, wasn't thinking. Fixed it, sorta.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Shayuri said:
"I have no idea," Talashia replies. "A map would have told us."
She shrugs.
"Regardless, if there's no map, there's no map. When we leave, if we haven't succeeded yet, I'll see if I can find and get one. For now, lets move on. We'll just tell them we found the gate already smashed."
After doing a bit of mental gymnastics, and deciding that it would be totally unjust for us to be held responsible for such damage down here, where there are, presumably, dangerous creatures prowling around all day, every day, Uulark says, "Well, yeah! It WAS, wasn't it?.....sure looked that way to me....."

OOC: My attempt to play up the Chaotic part of Uulark's alignment.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
OOC: Well I was figuring since the sword is magic (and thus has better hardness than steel) it'd be okay. If not I'll make do. No matter what the weapon, so long as I can two-hand it I can break through most things with a few rounds.

Mista Collins

First Post
A map? Why'd I not think of that myself? Tanith thinks to herself as she watches Friadoc go to work on the lock. "Friadoc's an accomplished locksmith. I'm sure he can get this. I feel kind of bad if we were to just smash it. Maybe the city put it here for a reason."

Friadoc

Explorer
"A couple more moments of patience, please," says Friadoc as he works the lock. "Not only does the lady Tanith of a point, but..."

Friadoc looks up the lock, before switching to a different pick and continuing, "I'd prefer to avoid any unwanted, or needed, noise...knowing our luck, it'd attact that fell minotaur's big brother, which I'd prefer to avoid."

Remove ads