Gamer Radio Zero - Races: Choose the Races: D,G,G,H,S

CaptainCoal

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
While the news article is already up, figured should make a actual thread as well here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7HnfD-R9k

Personally I am hoping for:

D: Duerger
G: Gnoll
G: Goblin
H: Half-Orc

Why couldn't he have added E as well. So I could put Elan, would work so well for Psionics.
Edit/Delete Message
There's an 'S' in there, too. Shifter, perhaps? I think that'd be a good one.

Duergar are likely in the MM, along with the gnoll and goblin. I hate to say that, because I don't really have any alternatives to offer. But I do think the half-orc is spot-on.

CC

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Woops, forgot to put my S.

Well, those are in-complete Racial Profiles, like they won't have Racial Feats or lots of fluff. So they may redo them for PHB2.

I suspect too, given these are only 5 races and PHB1 had 7 races. There may be 2 more secret ones.

Trolls

First Post
D: ?
G: Goblin
G: Goliath
H: Hobgoblin
S: Shadar-Kai

Those are my guesses. I doubt shifters will be in there, they'll probably be in the ECS instead.

Bagpuss

Legend
Does anyone thing one of the G will be Gnome?

I think one is likely to be Githyanki and I'd prefer the other to be Gnoll than Gnome.

H could be Half-Orc but I'd prefer it to be Hobgoblin.

If a race can be played from the MM is it worth getting the PHB2 treatment?

S isn't likely to be Shifter, I think that's going to wait until the Eberron Player's Guide. Otherwise I'd expect W and C in there as well.

I expect at least one to be something totally new or really unexpected.

smathis

First Post
I'd say...

D: Drow? Maybe a different write-up from the FRCS? Otherwise, maybe Dromite.
G: Githzerai or Githyanki (not sure, maybe both)
G: Gnome
H: Half-Orc
S: Shadar-Kai

These fit in with including the races that were left out of PHB1 as well as the Primal, Shadow and Psionic power sources that will be covered in PHB2.

Remove ads