Gamer Radio Zero - Races: Choose the Races: D,G,G,H,S

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Grimstaff said:
I'm pretty sure drow, gnome, and shadar-kai have been "confirmed" in various statements here and there.

I'm sure Genasi and Half-orc are good guesses.
I thought that the Drow and Genasi have been confirmed for getting full race write ups in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.

I also though that WotC has said that there will be no "half-orc" race, just straight up Orcs.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Rookseye said:
G: Goliath (another big race, very much a cult favorite of 3rd edition and about as Primal as they come as far as flavor.)

I loves me my goliaths. They were one of the few Races of... races that stuck, I think. I certainly never saw any Illumian sample NPCs.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Belorin said:
D = Doppleganger / Drow
Unless the "D" is a new race, I still think Duergar is the best guess here. I've read somewhere that Dopplegangers are basically like that Eberron race (I forget the name). If they get the full race writeup, it'll be in the Eberron CS. Same with Drow (only in the FRCS).

Belorin said:
S = Shadar-Kai / Shifter
Shifter is also a good guess. Although an Eberron race, I think they're pretty popular. And there's a Shifter Ranger in Races & Classes, which suggests to me they're at least considering it for a Core race. Plus, very Primal.

Rookseye

Explorer
Irda Ranger said:
Shifter is also a good guess. Although an Eberron race, I think they're pretty popular. And there's a Shifter Ranger in Races & Classes, which suggests to me they're at least considering it for a Core race. Plus, very Primal.

Hmm, on second thought, this would be just as likely given their new "core status" in the MM and the fact that they drip Primal flavor as well.

Shadar-kai seem to have an oddly strong following among the folks doing the design, however. At times it seems they are almost trying to coerce a new "cult-following" race like the githyanki on us. Not that they aren't cool, they just don't seem to have been that cool through their relatively short time in the D&D continuum. The gith races grew a little bit more organically on the gamer consciousness, IMHO.

Vael

Legend
Shadar-Kai actually seem kinda cool, but I'd expect them to be in PH3, when they do the Shadow power source. I'd sooner see Shifters.

Anyway, my bets:
D: Drow (honestly, Duergar aren't on my radar. Too sub-classy, and too Dwarf-Drow for my taste)
G: Gnome
G: Goblin or Goliath
H: Half-Orc or Hobgoblin
S: Shifters

MaelStorm

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
This. It makes so much sense.

:1: It has not been announced yet officially, but I bet PH II will feature the Druid and the Primal power source. And the Shifter race looks like a natural choice for the Druid.

:2: I would also bet the Half Orc is the H, because its a natural choice for the Barbarian.

:3: One of the two G's will be the Githyanki, because there is a very high probability that the Psionic power source will also debut in PH II

Remove ads