• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Radio Zero - Races: Choose the Races: D,G,G,H,S

Vael

Legend
Fallen Seraph said:
I'm pretty sure most people are confident that Shadow will be in PHB2, along with Primal and Psionic.

Maybe, but given that the Bard, an Arcane class, is slated for PH2, and there's been talk of a lack of space, I'm thinking only two new power sources, and Psionics and Primal would definitely take precedence over Shadow.

MaelStorm

First Post
Vael said:
Maybe, but given that the Bard, an Arcane class, is slated for PH2, and there's been talk of a lack of space, I'm thinking only two new power sources, and Psionics and Primal would definitely take precedence over Shadow.
I think your spot on.

Personally, I would favor Shadow over Psionic, but the odds are against it. If PH II feature 5 new race, Psionic power source (4 class), and Shadow (4 class), plus Bard, and maybe 2 more Divine class. Plus new rituals, magic items, and weapons for these new races and classes, there is no space left for the Shadow power source.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I dunno, PHB1 has: 7 Races, 3 Power Sources (Divine: 2, Martial: 4, Arcane: 2 for total of 8), Weapons, Rituals, Magic Items, and biggest of them all Rules. A large chunk of PHB1 will just be rules for playing which won't be the case in PHB2.

So you figure PHB2 will have currently:

+5 races (-2 from PHB1)
+Weapons
+Rituals
+Magic Items
-Rules

That is more space, so you figure... Say, Total of 12 classes could fit in PHB2 perhaps. We could have 3 old Power Sources, 3-4 Psionic, 3-4 Primal, and 3-4 Shadow. That would be total of around 12 to 15 classes.

Now, we don't know how few or how many each new Power Source will have, look at PHB1. So far we got basically confirmed: Druid, Barbarian and Shaman. So currently 3 for Primal. We got no numbers for the rest.

Rechan

Adventurer
Each class gets 15 pages or so in the PHB.

With:

Bard
Primal (4)
Psionic (4)
2 Divine (Striker, Controller)

That's 105 pages right there (assuming they each have x number of paragon paths, etc).

MaelStorm said:
:3: One of the two G's will be the Githyanki, because there is a very high probability that the Psionic power source will also debut in PH II
Githzerai are far more likely to be a PC race, given the fact that as stated before, Githzerai are more likely to be PCs since Githyanki are more likely to be villains.

It was like that even in 2e when the Githzerai were introduced as a PC race along with Tieflings in the Planescape Campaign Setting Boxed Set. They only came out with rules for Githyanki PCs in the supplement Guide to the Astral Plane, and then again in 2e completely snubbed the Githyanki as a PC race when they reprinted the Planescape PC races in the Planewalker's Handbook (but they introduced the Genasi).

In 3e even when they started to make the 2 Gith races almost alike, you certainly saw more of Githzerai as PCs than you did with Githyanki (of course in 3e it was probably because Githzerai were broken even as a Level Adjustment +2 race).

MaelStorm

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
I dunno, PHB1 has: 7 Races, 3 Power Sources (Divine: 2, Martial: 4, Arcane: 2 for total of 8), Weapons, Rituals, Magic Items, and biggest of them all Rules. A large chunk of PHB1 will just be rules for playing which won't be the case in PHB2.

So you figure PHB2 will have currently:

+5 races (-2 from PHB1)
+Weapons
+Rituals
+Magic Items
-Rules

That is more space, so you figure... Say, Total of 12 classes could fit in PHB2 perhaps. We could have 3 old Power Sources, 3-4 Psionic, 3-4 Primal, and 3-4 Shadow. That would be total of around 12 to 15 classes.

Now, we don't know how few or how many each new Power Source will have, look at PHB1. So far we got basically confirmed: Druid, Barbarian and Shaman. So currently 3 for Primal. We got no numbers for the rest.
I hope you're right. If they do so that would be the jackpot.

Do you think PH II will have a page-count of 320?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
MaelStorm said:
I hope you're right. If they do so that would be the jackpot.

Do you think PH II will have a page-count of 320?
I think they will keep it around the same size as PHB1. They could go larger since with the rules out of the way they don't have to worry about overwhelming the reader.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Rechan said:
Don't forget new implements.
That probably fall under weapons/magic items.

Also, just thinking there will probably be a signifigant number fewer weapons and magic items (that aren't class related) in PHB2. Since the Adventurer’s Vault will be covering alot of that.

Remove ads