Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Darkwolf71

First Post
thalmin said:
I did not see anything in the adventure book to scale up or down for larger or smaller parties.
I thought this was something they said would be incuded. Gonna be tricky for me to 'guess' at scaling for my 8 players. :(

Edit for clarification: This will be my first time in the DM's chair in many years. But, I'm sure I'll get it right after a few experimental encounters...

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
thalmin said:
Yes, they are poster maps much like found in the Fantastic Location products, with one notable difference: they contain no DDM notations like "Victory Area".

That's fantastic news, thank you very much.

I've ordered some Dungeon Tiles anyway, so hopefully I'll be able to cover the other areas.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Kitirat said:
Cleric at-wills?

Just really interested in what they are, specifically if they are all rays of light range 5 type "blast" attacks.

Thanks in advance for the info.

See ya,
Ken
Just Lance of Faith and
Sacred Flame Standard action Ranged 5
Target 1 creature
Attack +3 vs Reflex
Hit: 1d6+3 radiant damage, and one ally you can see chooses either to gain temporary hit points equal to your Cha mod+ one-half your level or make a saving throw.

The clerics sure like to "sear" their enemies.

ShinRyuuBR

First Post
thalmin said:
Weakened
Your attacks deal half damage.
Ongoing damage you deal is not affected

Thanks a lot!

Does it have the ENERVATED condition?

In DDM, Enervated is exactly the same as this Weakened. Seems to me that they changed the name, or maybe Enervated in normal D&D is different than DDM.

Baumi

Adventurer
First of, MANY thanks for the awesome writeups! 8D

But as always there are new questions... ;)

- Are there any new skills included (I'm not sure if we saw all from the XP-Chars)?

- Any rules on stabilizing on a 20? (Do you gain Hit-Points)

- When you got stabilized through healing skill, do you gain Hit-Points back?

rhm001

First Post
I looked through the posts again and didn't see this; sorry if I missed it. Can you list the feats the characters have?

Thanks again for all of your in-depth reporting!

Remove ads