Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Primal

First Post
eleran said:
Obviously, you imbue the thrown object with some of your latent mutant telekinetic force (Gambit, I am looking at you). And that rocks!!!

All snarkiness aside, you throw the object in such a way as to cause the opponent to shift to try and dodge the object, only the accuracy of your shot is so good that he dodges completely out of his square and into some adjacent square still taking the hit. On your shots that are not so accurate he doesnt have to move nearly as far to avoid it (eg you missed)

Well, try applying that logic to, say, Iron Golems or Bulette or Elementals. ;)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Thalmin - thank you so much for posting all this information!

I was excited to get the adventure anyway, but now I'm really keen.

My question is about the maps - are they maps that can be used to play on, meaning do they have the one-inch square marked on?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Fallen Seraph said:
I didn't see it anywhere, so... [sblock]What is the stat-box for the Gnome like?[/sblock]
The statblock for this creature includes
[sblock]Fade Away (immediate reaction, when the gnome skulk takes damage from any source, encounter) Illusion The gnome skulk turns invisible until it attacks or until the end of its next turn (whichever comes first.)
Reactive Stealth If a gnome has cover or concealment when it rolls an initiative check at the start of an encounter, it can make a Stealth check to escape notice as a free action.
Shadow Skulk When a gnome skulk makes a melee or ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is still considered to be hiding.[/sblock]

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Ashardalon said:
When you get back, could you give us the type-lines ("Medium Natural Humanoid") for those two? Thanks in advance!
Here you are
[sblock]Ochre Jelly, Blue Slime and Gelatinous Cube are all: Large Natural Beast (ooze)
Dark Creeper Small shadow humanoid [/sblock]

Simon Marks

First Post
Primal said:
Well, try applying that logic to, say, Iron Golems or Bulette or Elementals. ;)

"I punch the Iron Golem, hitting AC 44!"
"You break your hand"
"Huh"
"Seriously, have you every tried punching Iron? Your hand would break well before you did anything to the Iron."

Why should Rogues (or Fighters) be constrained by the Laws of Physics when no-one else is?

vagabundo

Adventurer
thalmin said:
The statblock for this creature includes
[sblock]Fade Away (immediate reaction, when the gnome skulk takes damage from any source, encounter) Illusion The gnome skulk turns invisible until it attacks or until the end of its next turn (whichever comes first.)
Reactive Stealth If a gnome has cover or concealment when it rolls an initiative check at the start of an encounter, it can make a Stealth check to escape notice as a free action.
Shadow Skulk When a gnome skulk makes a melee or ranged attack from hiding and misses, it is still considered to be hiding.[/sblock]

Wow, seems the Gnome found his niche after all. :D

thalmin

Retired game store owner
vagabundo said:
A request for some rules crunch in the adventure, if possible:

- Skill Challenges
- Encumbrance
- Grappling
- Cool traps (are they now skill challenges now?)

And how do you like the adventure?
There could well be more, I have not read the adventure, but the only skill challenges I have seen involve the traps, which really are Thievery skill challenges. There are many skill checks throughout the adventure. I saw no mention of Grappling or Encumbrance.

erf_beto

First Post
Great stuff, thalmin!
Thanks! :D

Though I'm guessing none of this will be answered in KotS, could you tell us how (or if) the pick-one-out-of-two wizard dailies are affected by leveling up? Or, better, are there scrolls or something that a wizard finds/borrows and can copy/add to his spellbook?

Also, do we get more Channel Divinity options? Can you use them more than once when you level up?

Thanks!

Remove ads