As the good WOTC employees get fired...check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
as the overworked wotc employees try and put out products and licenses, and have to do double the work due to firings of their friends and co-workers, check this out:

compensation packages of some of the top Hasbro bosses:

Datamonitor Co. Profile, 09/01/08, Hasbro, Inc.

Copyright 2008 Datamonitor plc, All Rights Reserved
Datamonitor - Company Profile
September 1, 2008
LAST MODIFIED: September 8, 2008
Hasbro, Inc.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Alfred J. Verrecchia, Chairman
BOARD: Executive Board
SINCE: 2008
SALARY: $ 1,200,000
OTHER: $ 15,297,021
TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION: $ 16,497,021
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Verrecchia has been the Chairman of Hasbro since 2008. Previously, He was the President and Chief Executive Officer of Hasbro since 2003. He held various positions in the company, including the President and Chief Operating Officer from 2001 to 2003; Executive Vice President from 2000 to 2001; Executive Vice President global operations and Chief Financial Officer from 1999 to 2000; and Executive Vice President and President, global operations from 1996 to 1999. He has been a Director of the company since 1992.

Brian Goldner, President and Chief Executive Officer
BOARD: Executive Board
SALARY: $ 800,000
OTHER: $ 4,499,040
TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION: $ 5,299,040
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Goldner has been the President and Chief Executive Officer of Hasbro since 2008. Previously, He was the Chief Operating Officer of Hasbro since 2006. Prior to this he was President, US Toys division from 2003 to 2006.

Basil L. Anderson, Director
BOARD: Non Executive Board
SINCE: 2002
SALARY: $ 90,021
OTHER: $ 95,537
TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION: $ 185,558
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Anderson has been a Director of Hasbro since 2002. He has been the Vice Chairman of Staples, an office material supply company, since 2001. He serves as a Director of Becton, Dickinson and Company, Charles River Associates, Moody's Corporation, and Staples. Prior to Staples, he served as the Executive Vice President of finance and Chief Financial Officer of Campbell Soup Company from 1999 to 2001.

Alan R. Batkin, Director
SINCE: 1992
SALARY: $ 61,021
OTHER: $ 59,598
TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION: $ 120,619
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Batkin has been a Director of the company since 1992. He has been the Vice Chairman of Kissinger Associates, a geopolitical strategic consulting firm, since 1990. He serves as a Director of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Overseas Shipholding Group, and Cantel Medical.

Frank J. Biondi, Director
SALARY: $ 60,021
OTHER: $ 103,520
TOTAL ANNUAL COMPENSATION: $ 163,541
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Biondi has been a Director of Hasbro since 2002. He is the Senior Managing Director of WaterView Advisors, a private equity fund specializing in media, since 1999. He is a Director of Amgen, Harrah's Entertainment, The Bank of New York, and Vail Resorts. Prior to WaterView, he was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Universal Studios from 1996 to 1998.

and some of the other people in charge, for whom i couldnt find any income info:

Kenneth A. Bronfin, Director
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Bronfin has been a Director of Hasbro since 2008. He is currently the President of Hearst Interactive Media, the interactive media division of Hearst Corporation.

Jack M. Connors, Director
SINCE: 2004
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Connors has been a Director of the company since 2004. He has been the Chairman of Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos, a marketing communications company, since 1995. He serves as a Director of John Hancock Financial Services.

E Gordon Gee, Director
SINCE: 1999
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Gee has been a Director of the company since 1999. He has been the Chancellor of Vanderbilt University since 2000. Prior to that, he served as the President of Brown University from 1997 to 2000 and the President of The Ohio State University. He is a Director of Dollar General Corporation, Gaylord Entertainment Company, The Limited, and Massey Energy Company.

Alan G. Hassenfeld, Director
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Hassenfeld is currently the Director Hasbro. He was the Chairman of the Board of Hasbro from 1989 until 2008. He held various positions in Hasbro, including the President and Chief Executive Officer. He also serves as a Director of salesforce.com.

Edward M. Philip, Director
BIOGRAPHY: Mr. Philip has been a Director of the company since 2002. He has been the general Partner of Lake Partners, a private investment firm since 2004. Prior to that, he served as the Senior Vice President of Terra Networks, a global internet company, from 2000 to 2004. He served as the Chief Financial Officer and Secretary of Lycos from 1995 to 2000 and the Chief Operating Officer of Lycos from 1996 to 2000.

Paula Stern, Director
BIOGRAPHY: Ms. Stern has been a Director of the company since 2002. She has been the Chairwoman of The Stern Group, an international advisory firm in the areas of business and government strategy, since 1988. She serves as a Director of Avaya, Avon Products, and The Neiman Marcus Group.

Tracy Leinbach, Director
BIOGRAPHY: Ms. Tracy is currently the Director of Hasbro. She is retired Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Ryder System, Inc.

the top 2 guys made 21 million betwen them last year. how much did linnae make? how much does the whole dnd line make?

plus, who the hell are these guys? a university president? how does that qualify him to make decisions for a toy/hobby company?

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
holy....... do you have a link?

unfortunately no, i just took a snippet of the info from a report. the company who produced the report is listed at the top of my post.

other interesting info from tat company report though:

The company derived almost 47.7% of its revenue from three customers since last three years (2005-2007). The company's top three customers are Wal-Mart Stores, Inc (Wal Mart), Target Corporation (Target), and Toys "R" Us, Inc. (Toys). Wal Mart, Target and Toys accounted for 24%, 12%, and 11% of the company's revenue, respectively, in 2007.

you wonder why they cant sell dnd stuf in those 3 stores then huh?

one strength of the company is described as:

Hasbro employee efficiency, measured as total revenue generated per employee, has been high compared to its competitors like Mattel and Lego. The company recorded high revenues per employee of $0.65 million in FY2007. In contrast, Mattel's and Lego's revenue per employee were significantly lower standing at $0.19 million and $0.35 million, respectively. High employee efficiency reflects that the company has been able to utilize its human resources efficiently.

so linnae i guess wasn't making her $650,000 per year for the company and had to be let go.

Hasbro signed a strategic partnership agreement with Universal pictures in February 2008. As per the six year partnership agreement, Hasbro will produce at least four motion pictures based on some of its brands, including Monopoly, Candy land, and Stretch Armstrong.

dnd didnt make the list huh? yeah, who likes fantasy movies these days. i mean, harry potter and LOTR didnt make anything for their companies, did they?

Hasbro entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (EA). As per the agreement EA would have exclusive worldwide rights to create digital games based upon a range of Hasbro's intellectual properties, including Monopoly, Yahtzee, Nerf, Tonka and Littlest Pet Shop. EA would develop interactive games based upon based upon Hasbro's branded board games. These games would portable across multiple platforms including mobile, online, handheld, PC and consoles.

i guess ddi wasn't important enough to make the list of stuff developed by the world class software developers huh? i cant wait for the nerf video game though. i am going to give up world of warcraft for it. who likes fantasy video games anyhow, right? they dont make any money.

those university professors on the board are really smart guys. good job. you deserved every penny of your salaries.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
those university professors on the board are really smart guys. good job. you deserved every penny of your salaries.
Curse those eggheads, because all one of them on the board are responsible for Hasbro's messes.

As for movies and D&D and software and D&D, I think there are already extant deals in place (Whatever Atari is today for the latter, not sure about the former).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dude, D&D isn't even WoTC's top earner.

Exactly. It's not in the top league at WotC. WotC isn't in the top league at Hasbro. Why would Hasbro be prioritising D&D?

I imagine Hasbro barely knows it owns D&D.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Exactly. It's not in the top league at WotC. WotC isn't in the top league at Hasbro. Why would Hasbro be prioritising D&D?

I imagine Hasbro barely knows it owns D&D.

i know. its a shame isn't it? it reminds me of the scene from raiders of the lost ark at the end where you see the ark placed somewhere in an unmarked box in a warehouse the size of rhode island.

not that dnd is anywhere near as cool as the words of the creator of the universe given to moses on stone tablets or anything. or is it?

:)

FalcWP

Explorer
one strength of the company is described as:

Hasbro employee efficiency, measured as total revenue generated per employee, has been high compared to its competitors like Mattel and Lego. The company recorded high revenues per employee of $0.65 million in FY2007. In contrast, Mattel's and Lego's revenue per employee were significantly lower standing at $0.19 million and $0.35 million, respectively. High employee efficiency reflects that the company has been able to utilize its human resources efficiently.

Obviously, you're not giving us anywhere near a full financial statement. But, if they're earning somewhere around 2-3 times as much per employee as the competition, then, umm... yeah, I guess they are really smart guys who deserve what they're making. Particularly if all the stuff that you either don't have handy or aren't mentioning is along the same lines.

D&D isn't big business. Hasbro is a big company. Does that occasionally mean that things we'd love to see done for D&D don't happen? Sure. Maybe it isn't a perfect situation. But I don't think anyone thinks that there is one other than owning D&D themselves, with unlimited financial banking... so, in other words, there's no such thing.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Obviously, you're not giving us anywhere near a full financial statement. But, if they're earning somewhere around 2-3 times as much per employee as the competition, then, umm... yeah, I guess they are really smart guys who deserve what they're making. Particularly if all the stuff that you either don't have handy or aren't mentioning is along the same lines.

well, you can get the full financial statements here.

Hasbro

look in the left frame for them.

you can also download the pdf "2008 proxy statement" there, which has a min-numbingly boring detailed breakdown of who makes what at the top of the foodchain at hasbro. it works out to about the same numbers i quoted above.

i got the info that i originally posted from a financial analyst report. a bit less biased than the company's financials.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I don't see what the big deal is. These are the head honchos of Hasbro itself, a company worth over $3 billion. They have made a lot of money for their stockholders, which their bonuses are probably linked to. And let's set the record straight Hasbro is a Toy and Game company (as in board games) with a very small little RPG branch. RPG's and "Hobbies" are such a small part of what they do, there's no way you can call them a toy/hobby company. If you compare these bonuses to the head people of any large company, they will not seem unusual.

I understand it's an absolutely "Obscene" amount of money to all of us, but this is standard stuff for top executives at large companies. As much as everyone (including me) likes Lidda and the others that were fired, they are so far below the radar of these executives that they may as well just be you or me (or any other poster at ENWorld). WoTC is a small subsidiary of Hasbro in Washington worth about $325 million with D&D just a percentage of that. Hasbro itself is in Rhode Island. Granted, $325 million is a lot of money, but as long as "that little company we own out in Washington" doesn't lose substantial money, I doubt Hasbro really pays them all that much attention. The firings at WoTC were management realignment, probably directed from within WoTC, however, we have no evidence whether Hasbro had any direct hand in them or not.

I understand that these annual bonuses are bigger than probably anyone here at ENWorld will make in 5 lifetimes (or more), but using them as a reason to be outraged at the firings at WoTC doesn't make any sense. They have absolutely nothing to do with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads