As the good WOTC employees get fired...check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obryn

Hero
Waitasec - is this thread about how overpaid corporate executives can be? I mean, if so, I'm on board, but it seems a little off-topic.

If not... well, Hasbro's a gigantic company; one of the top two toy companies in the world. Between it and Mattel, they corner the market and own almost every toy and game property in existence. OK, that's a slight exaggeration... slight. It used to be there were dozens of toy companies, but really - it's these two guys, and nobody else is close enough to be called "third place" without a wink. And really, Hasbro's mostly about games, while Mattel's more about toys. They compete, but not as directly as you might expect.

In short, it's absolutely no surprise that their executives are highly-paid. The toy and game business is a serious, cutthroat one worth billions of dollars a year. You'd better believe they get some sharks at the top of the corporate ladder; otherwise they will quickly get out-competed.

WotC is just a drop in their business strategy, probably kept alive as much for brand & licensing as anything else.

-O

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Could you be a little more specific, please? Exactly what "Hasbro messes" are you referring to?
Check the thread title: WotC's recent "rearrangement" which resulted in firings. There have been some speculation that it is Hasbro meddling, some speculation that is is standard operating procedure. The thread title implies the former in this case.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Joe - did you get permission from Datamonitor to post their intellectual property on this forum?

nope. i took small portions, and gave proper attribution. fair use. besides, most everything i quoted they actually got from SEC filings and public statements/press releases.

Rechan

Adventurer
CEOs of a $3 Billion company gets buckets of money while employees of a small subsidiary are cut back.

You don't say.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Check the thread title: WotC's recent "rearrangement" which resulted in firings. There have been some speculation that it is Hasbro meddling, some speculation that is is standard operating procedure. The thread title implies the former in this case.

But isn't that the point. It's WoTC management realignment, not Hasbro's management realignment. As you say, there is "speculation" it's due to Hasbro's "meddling", but "speculation" is all there is. There is absolutely no proof that Hasbro had anything to do with this. And I really don't see how the bonuses for top executives of a $3 billion+ company have anything to do with the firings of mid-to-high level managers at one of their smallest subsidiaries. This is so far beneath corporate headquarters radar as to be almost unseen.

Shroomy

Adventurer

While Hasbro may have been meddling with the WoTC re-organization, I seriously doubt that the Hasbro Board of Directors had anything to do with individual personnel decisions at that level of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads