You Bastard! Does Anyone Remember?! Help Get it Back on It's Feet!

Rathan

First Post
Does anyone remember the crazy game of generated move vs. generated move with judges and tiers and paths?... I do as I was one of the first to get it on the relaxed and fun atmosphere where the players made their own storied adventures, one move at a time! I want to bring the game back but I need the backing of players and 'judges' alike to do so. Without the people to play the game I can't get it's foot out of the grave once more and I ask that all who love having fun one post at a time give this game another shot, or maybe for most a first shot! Soon I will have more of a streamline new rules base and such to get this game back up on it's feet and running once more! If you are interested or just want to see what it's about please visit the group I have created for this here.

EN World D&D / RPG News - You Bastard! to Return Soon!

Again thanks in advance for looking into something that could capture your imagination and inspire role play and adventure once more here on EnWorld!

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Hey Rathan. Good to hear you're trying to get some YB games put together. I would be interested, though not to the extent I was the first time around. With my kids getting older, I have just a little less free time. :)

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I have no idea what you mean by "generated move" but when you get some rules out I wouldn't mind reading them.

aka: you peaked my interest

Wicht

Hero
The YB! Rules and the YB! Generator.

I actually was wondering last week if anyone was still playing and dug up the rules via google (though Rathan has linked them through his sig and then page). Reading through them again I thought that they could use a little polishing as I had to hunt around for some things I couldn't remember the details of.

Rathan

First Post
Hey Wicht! SO good to see you again!

Kalanyr did I really good job of moving the game along rule set wise methinks...but I wonder if the game died out because it got TOO complicated... most of us don't really have time any more and with Dirty Trick and sucklike.. which takes away an opponents move.... things seem to drag on a little longer than they really need to I think... I want to stream line things... make 5 paths.... Law, Chaos, Neutral, Good, and Evil.... give each of them 10 tiers.... how many ranks in each... not sure yet... make up a few buy-able 'items' to spend yen on and really.. it's a done deal after that.... not long at all.. I can have it all drawn up in a day really... mostly.. I just miss playing the game a alot

Knight Otu

First Post
I find your kin to be largely uncivilized, your garden to be irrelevant, and your strength to be timid.​

I'm not going to make any promises at this point, but I'll definitely follow the progress.

Wicht

Hero
Hey Wicht! SO good to see you again!

Why thank you.

As to why the game died, I can't speak to that... I know that the reason I quit was my computer at the time died and then there was having to move (four times) and finally when I am back on line a lot (a year or so later) my online habits had changed. I've only really begun following the going on's at ENWorld again for the last year.

And as for the rules complication... I was actually responsible for a lot of them... I still think its a good system but I could understand a desire to make it simpler. If you are going simpler, I would suggest only three paths instead of five and maybe three tiers instead of seven. Of course, having the seven tiers made reaching the top a lot more challenging.

Rathan

First Post
three paths might be more simple.. you're right there.. but I want many tiers on each path that way when someone reaches the top they've gone through quite a bit to get there.. plus... if paths tops are easily reached a problem sets in on where to go next.... I want advancement to be for fun rather than a slow grind to the top as well... the introduction of items and one shot items should help that along... I don't mind making the game more advanced from an item perspective.. but I want the paths themselves more simple... less powers.. less jockeying for a power struggle and the game more fixed again on the moves generated from the move generator as it was in the earliest versions of the game.... I was thinking of holding tourneys as well on a weekly basis and item prizes given to the winners... something to keep people coming back and participating day after day....

any suggestions on how to go about making this game fun and enjoyable again is certainly welcome.. I spent most of my night last night tapping everyone I could think of that used to play and is still around via email last night.... but again... any new blood as well would put a smile on my face..

- Josh

Rathan

First Post
Rough Draft of Tiers

This is what I have so far.... names for each tier would be nice but I'm drawing blanks here... a little help would be great :D

The Honored Ones
Commoner
Apprentice
Ranks 1-5
Warrior
Ranks 1-5
Knight
Ranks 1-5
Lord
Ranks 1-5
Master
Ranks 1

The Pathwalkers
Commoner
Yellow Sash
Ranks 1-5
Green Sash
Ranks 1-5
Brown Sash
Ranks 1-5
Black Sash
Ranks 1-5
Master Sash
Ranks 1

The Defilers
Commoner
Dark Apprentice
Ranks 1-5
Dark Warrior
Ranks 1-5
Dark Knight
Ranks 1-5
Dark Lord
Ranks 1-5
Dark Master
Ranks 1

Everyone starts out as a commoner and once winning your first match you can then choose your path and your first signature style or location depending on which path you choose to enter into.

The Honored Ones are what most would consider the heroic band of folk that travel the land seeking
out injustice and evil in the land of Yberia. Someone who is always willing to lend a hand if it
means they've helped even one person have a better day. A Light hero is what he makes of himself
though, no real written rule of conduct or what have you, just that he or she is a kind soul and
looks out of the best interests of those around him as he rises in the rank of heroic fame.

The Honored Ones benefit from signature styles and receives one signature style for each tier they
reach.(Players choose which style they will start with at tier 1 the rest are determined from any style they used in the battle they win to advance to their next tier.)

The Pathwalkers are ones of balance in all things. They can act selfish and greedy yet still not like
the idea of taking anothers life as someone of a less savory nature would. This path is the glue some
would say to keep the factions of Light and Darkness from completely consuming Yberia in their constant power struggle in an utter instant. To take the neutral path in this world is a heavy burden but can reap many rewards.

The Pathwalkers benefit from both signature styles and locations alternating a gain of style one tier
and then location the next. (Players choose which one they will start with at tier one weather it be
a signature style or location and then alternate from one tier to the next the rest are determined
from any style or location used in the battle they win to advance to their next tier)

The Defilers are a shadowed and feared path by most in Yberia. The inner workings of cults and bands
of death dealers is the norm when dealing with the forces of darkness. Most often little is known of
these unholy warriors save for the body count left in their wake and little is usually done to stop
their advance. To choose the path of darkness is to choose a path of chaos and untold evil hellbent
on crippling the forces that choose to stand in their way

The Defilers benefit from signature locations and receives one for each new tier they reach. (Players
choose which location they will start with at tier 1 the rest are determined from any location they
used in the battle they win to advance to their next tier.)

Note: Once retired a character may transfer half it's yen rounded up to the new character and one chosen signature style or location to the newly made character but this can only be done once reaching the highest tier of their chosen path. If retiring and going from an Honored One to a Defiler or vise versa you will be able to choose a signature style or location to fit with your new chosen path.

Last edited:

Remove ads