You Bastard! Does Anyone Remember?! Help Get it Back on It's Feet!

Rathan

First Post
let me start a thread in 'Playing The Game' then

Rathan said:
if you guys want... what I'm willing to do to show those that are looking but not to sure of the game is have you two battle a match that I'll judge so it might generate some more interest... I'll make the thread in 'Playing The Game' for now though I'd like to get the matches once the game officially starts picking up.. playing it right in the group area itself.... I'll start you both off as tier 1 rank 0 of whichever path you choose to take that way you'll both have a sig style or location to begin the match with.. I'll also allow you to take one item from the item shop for free for this play test as well. Let me know if you two are interested and if you are whip up a character and then I'll make a thread for the playtest match!

As I said earlier why don't we give you and Knight Otu Tier 1, Rank 1 of whatever path you want from my new rules... (Honored Ones. Pathwalkers, Or Defliers) take a signature style or location at random or choose one.... doesn't really matter for a playtest.... pick one item to start with for the playtest as well (If you take imbue item.. please only one signature style or local on it for the playtest please) then once you've come up with chara concepts and post in the fight thread.. you can do insults and the rest should be second nature.. heh

Made the Thread in 'Playing the Game' for those involved with the playtest.... it's http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/253173-yb-returns-first-playtest-fight-thread.html]Here!

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
I've posted my characters arrival. Just waiting on his opponent to arrive so the insults can start flying. :p

It's funny how one little random thing can spawn a big idea almost fully grown and ready to use. I started playing with the generator trying to pick a sig style and decided that I would click it 5 times with my eyes closed and the style that was there would be the one I took. It ended up on Spider style...and I instantly knew that my character would be the son of Nikodemus and Lady Tsin and that he was traveling the world looking for his father. Of course, his mother taught him her famous spider style before he left her home. Kind of appropriate for trying to launch a new generation of the game I think. Maybe those that have played before can use connections to some old characters to show that time has passed in YBeria. No original heroes returning perhaps, but children or other connected people would be a neat way of carrying on the torch if people wanted to or they can just make up new unconnected characters.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Cool! It's on! Didn't realize how good it would feel to start a match again. Brings back good memories. With luck we can get this going again and make some new memories.

Knight Otu

First Post
And the first fight is over, and some honor guy took the win. :p

Anyone here up for a second playtest match? I'm thinking of using a "neutral" for that one.

Rathan

First Post
I don't know where everyone else's ambition for this revival of YB! went Knight Otu.. but it seems like it's just you, Phoenix, and myself now.... I haven't heard anyone else voice much sense the start of the fight test thread... *shakes his head with a sigh* I'll go a match with you if Phoenix wants to judge.... or some one else wants to judge if they are still out there and still interested..

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seonid posted at the end of the fight thread at least. That's one other at least still interested. I think we need to go to the next level though if possible. See my post at the end of the fight thread.

Remove ads