I have Adventure Vault 2

Crothian

First Post
I'm a little less enthused now than when I first heard of it. While I knew about most of the new stuff, I wasn't too thrilled with most of the new item categories aside from the ammunition. I was at least hoping there would be more of the non-standard stuff from AV1 - mounts, vehicles, alchemy, and such.

I'm a little surprised reagents get their own section, as they were under consumables in AV1.

They are under consumables just a section in that section. Same with immurements.

gribble

Explorer
Hey, another teleport-expander. That warlock utility granting a one-square teleport is rapidly becoming the best movement option available, at least by late paragon tier.
I was just thinking how awesome it'd be for someone with the Mark of Passage. Teleport-expander plus bonus on travel rituals! Would make a great secondary weapon for a House Orien tempest fighter/swiftblade...

drothgery

First Post
I was just thinking how awesome it'd be for someone with the Mark of Passage. Teleport-expander plus bonus on travel rituals! Would make a great secondary weapon for a House Orien tempest fighter/swiftblade...

Eh. I don't think it'd be worth it for my house Orien Swordmage; too much of a damage drop-off from longsword (or later, bastard sword).

gribble

Explorer
Eh. I don't think it'd be worth it for my house Orien Swordmage; too much of a damage drop-off from longsword (or later, bastard sword).
You're probably right for a swordmage, because you need to keep a hand free for the swordmage warding unfortunately.
:(

AntlerDruid

Explorer
Wow, this is the first 4E Book that I'm not psyched about (normally they are great at hyping their product). No new Mundane Items, no Alchemy, no Artifacts and no Superior Implements* is a real unsell for me. :(

Wow this book sounds like such a disappointment...I have bought every book up until now....I am definitely skipping this book.

Pour

First Post
Yeah, the bookstore by me had Adventurer's Vault 2, Dragon Annual and Eberron Campaign Guide all out last Wednesday. I decided to pass on the first two (AV2 doesn't sound that great and I subscribe to DDI besides, Dragon Annual is pointless as I subscribe to DDI and I didn't have enough money for the ECG hehe).

I'm not sure if its news, but some of the things I saw in the annual were Yeenoghu and the gnolls article, gladiator rules and the starpack warlock article.

Remove ads