Anonycon: Stamford, CT (NYC/NJ tri-state area), Dec. 4-6, 2009

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
I'm going to be running some games at this convention in Stamford, and playing in some others (including Time and Temp, by nerdNYC's Eppy, run by our very own Piratecat. Wahoo!)

Anyone else planning on making the trip? Details here.

Here are the blurbs for my games. Interestingly, the AD&D one has the most signups so far - perhaps because people recognize Tamoachan as a famous module, or maybe because there's a lot of other 4E games on the menu but only one other AD&D one (a retro-conversion of Red Hand of Doom by a fellow TARGA member).

Hidden Secrets of Tamoachan

Your band of adventurers accidentally destroyed the world. So far, only you know that in a few days everyone on the planet will die horribly. Your hasty research into ancient lore suggests that an escape route may be found in the depths of the legendary pyramid of Tamoachan. Can you fight your way through a dungeon full of poison gas and the relics of ancient civilizations, or will you die a little ahead of everyone else?

NOTE: The story of this adventure is loosely connected to "Swords and Star-Tribes," "Battlefield Oerth", and "War for the Starship Warden." Players are welcome to sign up for all of these events, or just enjoy this one on its own.

6 players, AD&D 1e. Characters will be provided. No rules knowledge necessary.

Swords and Star-tribes

You are the Captains of the Crossed Swords, and your might, mutations, and wits have conquered all the lands you know. But the hawkoids from the vent in the sky-vault tell of new conquests. You have long suspected that there are many other lands layered above and below. And you've heard heretics whisper that your world is truly a vast ship traveling from one ball of gas to another. But what does it mean that "the Warden has landed"?

NOTE: The story of this adventure is loosely connected to "Hidden Secrets of Tamoachan," "Battlefield Oerth", and "War for the Starship Warden." Players are welcome to sign up for all of these events, or just enjoy this one on its own.

6 players, Metamorphosis Alpha 1e. Characters will be provided. No rules knowledge necessary.

Battlefield Oerth

Your fellowship of heroes were the only ones to escape the hideous fate that befell your world. But do you have what it takes to survive an environment where metal walls talk and pigs can fly? In the spirit of D&D classics like Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, in this adventure you'll pit your swords and spells against robots and ray-guns. The future of more species than your own is yours to decide!

NOTE: The story of this adventure is loosely connected to "Hidden Secrets of Tamoachan," "Swords and Star-Tribes," and "War for the Starship Warden." Players are welcome to sign up for all of these events, or just enjoy this one on its own.

6 players, 4E D&D. Characters will be provided. No rules knowledge necessary.

War for the Starship Warden

Defend your home against invaders from Oerth! As long as you have charges left in your disruptor pistols, robots at your command, and the mental ability to drain energy from living organisms, the outsiders don't stand a chance. This free-wheeling adventure uses the framework of the 4E rules to create a high energy mashup of the world's first fantasy and science-fiction RPGs. Will it be you or your enemy who sets the next destination for the Warden?

NOTE: The story of this adventure is loosely connected to "Hidden Secrets of Tamoachan," "Swords and Star-Tribes," and "Battlefield Oerth." Players are welcome to sign up for all of these events, or just enjoy this one on its own.

6 players, Metamorphosis Alpha / 4E D&D hybrid. Characters will be provided. No rules knowledge necessary.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Those sound like great games! I also see someone is running a Dread game set in Steven Brust's Dragaera. Oh, for a babysitter to watch the kids so I could come play...

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
I totally signed up for that Dread game!

In other news, my son is 7 and I'm thinking that Gary Con in March might be the first convention I bring him to. (Matt Forbeck had his son there last year & it looked like they were having a great time.) How old is your brood, Eridanis?

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
"Here are the blurbs for my games. Interestingly, the AD&D one has the most signups so far - perhaps because people recognize Tamoachan as a famous module, or maybe because there's a lot of other 4E games on the menu but only one other AD&D one (a retro-conversion of Red Hand of Doom by a fellow TARGA member)."

That'd be me....

themaxx

First Post
I guess we should add more AD&D to the schedule next year!

Thanks to both of you (and all the rest) for proposing and running games this year. I am very excited about the huge range of events we have on the schedule, and looking forward to meeting some new and old friends for the weekend.

Just as a reminder, this is the last chance to get your special hotel room rate at the Holiday Inn, so call in today and book now before it runs out.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
I'd run the MA adventures at GaryCon II (where, I trust, you'll be again?) except that I'd wither at the thought that at any time Jim Ward might loom over me and sigh in dismay at the poor treatment his game is receiving in my inept hands!

(That actually seems pretty unlikely - he was quite gracious when I mustered the courage to ask him to sign my Gamma World rulebook last year - but, like a comet hitting the Earth, even a .0001 chance is enough to make me worry).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'd run the MA adventures at GaryCon II (where, I trust, you'll be again?) except that I'd wither at the thought that at any time Jim Ward might loom over me and sigh in dismay at the poor treatment his game is receiving in my inept hands!

(That actually seems pretty unlikely - he was quite gracious when I mustered the courage to ask him to sign my Gamma World rulebook last year - but, like a comet hitting the Earth, even a .0001 chance is enough to make me worry).

I'd play in an MA game with you at the helm. Will you be at GaryCon II all three days? I think I might get in on Thursday night and was looking at a Wiz-War game to get things started. :)

Remove ads