EnWorld Character Art Request Thread... 2!

Meatboy

First Post
I am not sure where the first one went but I suspect it reached critical mass when it reached 50 pages and imploded or some such. So I figure we must keep such a grand, if sporadic, tradition going and so I am opening up another request thread. And with time off at Christmas I can probably even get a few done. Happy posting everyone.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The old thread's not far down this page, but it does stand at 977 posts, so it's probably time to open a new one.

In which case, I'm reposting the request(s) that I placed in the old thread:

Looking for some artwork for a PbP I'm running on these boards. I've listed the characters and a few NPCs below, if any inspire you please go ahead!

The game is here, and the rogue's gallery is here, with some inspirations suggested by the players. Inspirations are vaguely Eastern, with a tendency towards the ornate.

Three of the characters are nai-nek-chai, a homebrew race of human/animal shapeshifters, similar to hengeyokai but without a hybrid form. In human form, they usually have a vague resemblance to their animal type, more a suggestion than anything obvious.

Growling Ape: a male baboon nai-nek-chai druid. Wears simple, loose-fitting clothing that stays on in either form, fights with a quarterstaff. He also uses a custom "produce lightning" spell, so he can wreathe his fists in lightning that he can use to punch with, or to throw.

Annika: a female eagle nai-nek-chai, sorceress with an affinity for fire. Annika in her human form has striking red hair, and wears a simple poncho over a wrap-around skirt and simple tunic (probably all in reds). She has a pouch strpped to her leg and her familiar is a tiny viper. Annika's magic missile spell takes the form of a fiery feather. She is, perhaps, linked to Golden Crow, the geomantic animal of the sky and rulership, but this can also be represented as phoenix-ish iconoography.

Shakou: a female tiger nai-nek-chai. Shakou is a rogue and trickster, a former con-artist. Her animal form is a Fnoi tiger, closer in physique to a leopard but with tiger markings. In human form she has short orange hair and cat-like pupils, usually dressed in close-fitting clothing. (One inspiration is Milla Jovovo...vich in Fifth Element).

Three Flowers: human male paladin of beauty. Three Flowers is a young man with coffee-coloured skin and finely-chiselled, almost androgynous good looks. His blood carries traces of river spirit heritage, and his expensive clothing and armour are never stained or tarnished. He wields a hereditory scimitar called White Lotus.

Mystal Mar is a salsham'ai, a tree folk. Salsham'ai are small-sized, looking mostly like fine-boned humans except that their toes are prehensile. Mystal wears salsham'ai "shoes", which are like fingerless cycling gloves for the feet. He is an albino, having been touched by mist spirits. Normally he is cloaked and hooded in dark, camouflaged clothing. A swordsage, he wields a rapier and has recently acquired a shield made from the body a defeated spider demon, that looks something like a noh theatrical mask.

I would suggest checking the Rogues Gallery for the images posted by the players.

NPCs and other ideas:

Aru Leng, the Vashti of Cormondal.
Aru is a young priestess (the Vashti), following a tradition that mixes the old worship of river spirits with a more modern philosophy of charity and compassion. Her looks are something like a mixed European-East Asian heritage, with thick dark hair with a slight curl, that she wears shoulder length. Normally dressed in simple white robes, with perhaps a suggestion of decoration hinting at the river connection. Thrust into a position above her experience, she tries to be wise, compassionate and in charge.

Undead Foe.
A young thug defeated by the party, but brought back to life for nefarious purposes, this risen corpse carries a lantern on a pole (with which he also fights). The back of his head is missing, his death having been caused by Growling Ape's quarterstaff staving in his skull.

Spider Demon.
The foe defeated by Mystal Mar, basically a spider the size of a house, but replace its face with three noh masks, joined by the eyes in this style. The faces glow with a pale-green corpse light.

Mystal vs. spiders.
Mystal Mar wieling a flaming rapier against a giant spider (twice his size), whislt the two of them are balanced on a web strand 40 feet above a dark, web-filled canyon. In the rain.

Any of these would be great, groups also good. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to have a go!

Karlson_the_red

First Post
Ok, I got a little bored so I broke out some Photoshop...

I started with Shakou... I had a little trouble with the hair color and incorporating the tiger stripes into, so I moved the stripes a bit... Call it a little creative license. Hope it is not too bad. Please let me know, and I can tweak it a bit, while I am working on the others...

I am trying to do sort of a group shot, so please excuse the white background for right now...

Karlson the Red

shakou_1-1.jpg

Saba Taru

Explorer
Hello, everyone!

Please let me start with an apology. My computer died, and after much lamenting, I sucked it up and saved for a new one. It's all better now. :eek:

I owe someone a picture (or several someone's, I can't recall). If I promised a picture before I vanished and you'd still like one, send me a PM and let me know the details again.

More requests, please! In the meantime, I'm going to dig up the old thread and see if I can't find something to do... ;)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Karlson, been offline due to Christmas, but just a quick note to say that these are cool, thanks! May suggest some tweaks when I've more time, but nice work.

Karlson_the_red

First Post
Sorry to not have been around as of late. I too have been a bit swamped over the last few weeks. Hopefully things will calm down a bit and I can get back to work on the picts.

Oh, and Dr Simon, please give me any suggestions you have on tweaking them to be more to what you wanted. I am still working the mask shield and a few other things...

But it might be a while in coming...

Karlson the Red

Dr Simon

Explorer
I've not been around myself much, recently. I like the tiger stripes on Shakou, that's a nice touch.

Pretty much the only thing I'd change would be the mask, which I pictured more as a blank face than a demonic type. Something like this is a good one, or this one.

Saba Taru

Explorer
The game is here, and the rogue's gallery is here, with some inspirations suggested by the players. Inspirations are vaguely Eastern, with a tendency towards the ornate.

Three Flowers: human male paladin of beauty. Three Flowers is a young man with coffee-coloured skin and finely-chiselled, almost androgynous good looks. His blood carries traces of river spirit heritage, and his expensive clothing and armour are never stained or tarnished. He wields a hereditory scimitar called White Lotus.

I love doing character portraits! Here's my interpretation of Three Flowers. :)

Attachments

• Three-Flowers-Paladin-v1.jpg
    Three-Flowers-Paladin-v1.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 440

Remove ads