[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
"pleased to meet you all" Abram bows deeply

" I suppose you could call me Abram,if you would prefer, but people have been calling me Owlbear since i was about as tall as this bar. At the end of the day though,it doesn't matter to me"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
to Owlbear

"So, Eule Bär, Ist das name frome life as Faustkämpfer, A Pugilits?" He points to the wrapped hands.

OOC: Eule Bär = owl bear, fyi

Last edited:

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
Owlbear looks at the friendly wizard.A look not unlike a person trying to figure out how to get large furniture, through a small doorway. Trying to decode the elementalist's language and failing. "The answer is either yes, or , I'm not sure I don't have my watch on me"

BokaliMali

First Post
Alec Morgan entered the Dunn Wright tired, unwashed and thoroughly annoyed. He had been travelling to the City of Glass with a caravan of gnomes. While that would be enough to set most non-fgnomes on edge, Alec had the wonderful luck of sharing a wagon with an incredibly pompous gnomish wizard who took every opportunity to disparage alchemy as 'inferior to true magic.' Then, for no reason whatsoever (besides Alec pushing his 'companion' off the wagon, which was totally justified, by the way.) the gnomes booted him to the side of the road, a solid three day trudge from the city!

To top it off, he'd lost the only portrait he'd had of his brother, as if finding the moron wasn't hard enough.

Alec sat down heavily at the bar, glancing sideways at the heavily-accented wizard, the elf and the butt-kicked looking fellow. Sigh... the walk may have been long but at least he hadn't had to talk to people.

Clearing his throat slightly, "Uh, so, Hey. Any chance you, uh, any of you have seen someone who kinda looks like me but... stupider?"

BigB

First Post
Cruendithas look at the newest arrival with a smirk. "Well now I cant rightly be sure. Your description leaves a lot to the imagination. What I would be interested in is the story of how you came to be looking for one as you describe. Perhaps we can have a drink as you expand upon this search." He lifts his cup and takes a drink peering over the cup to watch the man.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
. . . . .Alec sat down heavily at the bar, glancing sideways at the heavily-accented wizard, the elf and the butt-kicked looking fellow. Sigh... the walk may have been long but at least he hadn't had to talk to people.

Clearing his throat slightly, "Uh, so, Hey. Any chance you, uh, any of you have seen someone who kinda looks like me but... stupider?"
Nein My road weary friend. I haf not seen one as he. But you do need a goot drink.

Ale for das new arrival. I buy fur him. Heck, a round für all, I buy." He places several coins on the counter including an extra gold for a tip.

BokaliMali

First Post
While the wizard's thick accent made him difficult to understand, his intention was clear. Some of the tension Alec had been building left him and he allowed himself a smile. "Hey, thanks. Uh, I mean I have money you don't have to."

He turned to address the- huh? Where did-Alec finally looked down. And some of the tension that left him returned. "He's my brother. So I'm looking for my brother. He uh, ran away so I'm looking for him." Alec braced himself for the smart remark that was sure to come. It wouldn't do well to be kicked out of the largest inn in the city for gnome tossing.

Aura

Explorer
=== Marla, Barmaid ===

As Alec attempts to explain how he can pay for his own drinks, a woman sweeps in and immediately scoops Heinrich's coins off the table and into her waiting palm. A little dirty around the edges from long hours, but still on good humor, she calls the order, "The man says ale for all, so that's what he gets..." she looks into her palm and smiles, "Particularly, if he keeps tipping like that!"

Marla returns moments later with large, frothy mugs of ale for all, each one set down on the table with a resounding TOK! Taking a moment to clear her fallen bangs from her eyes (and up over a small pair of horns on her head), she looks over the table, seemingly satisfied. Turning to Alec, she speaks in a low, personal tone, "I haven't seen your brother come in here. But if he does, I'll see him... don't you worry." She nods, as if to affirm her own statement. "Now, try to relax a little..."

Remove ads