[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The elf took interest at the robed stranger. It was true that he had just experienced defeat, but perhaps this was a sign from the heavens, offering a way to right his mistakes. It wasn't much to go on, but it was enough. He took another gulp of the ale before approaching the monk.

"You say you are looking to hire. Mercenaries, yes?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The Red haired wizard at the bar when Cruendithas asks his stool be saved, so the promise is made. He listens in, but as he is saving a seat, he may not be of help to the monk. Though he is tempted to us a familiar cantrip to knock the road mud and dust from the well traveled monk. tempted . . . . .

GlassEye

Adventurer
The monk turns to follow Marla's gesture encompassing the room and discovers he has become the center of attention of several individuals interested in the job he has to offer. He clears his throat and begins to speak when an outburst of laughter from a raucous group of card players in the back corner of the common room drowns out his words. He grimaces and leans over to have a few words with Marla.

"Is there a room where we can talk privately?"

The barmaid busy filling a tray of mugs of beer nods and points with her chin towards the hall that leads to several meeting rooms. The monk looks and nods his understanding.

"Yes, I see. Please send some food back and some more of whatever my companions here are drinking." He turns his attention back to the group around him to answer the first question he was asked moments ago by the stunning woman at the bar. "My name is Brother Goswald and I am looking for a capable group of people to clear the evil beings from a lost temple far from here. Perhaps if we retreat to a room more suitable for discussion I can tell you my tale, answer what questions you may have, and work out some agreement suitable for all parties."

So saying he slips past the half-orc and through the common room to the meeting rooms.

w26c.png

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . .

[sblock=Recruiting Lv 3]Let's move on to the Lost Imperium game thread so Aura can recruit without us in the way.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia3_zpsa7ffdd2f.jpg

Pirvinia acknowledges the other two adventurers that introduced themselves. She repeated her name for their benefits as well. She and Samad already know each other.

She asks Marla for a refill of her goblet and then follows along behind.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
20 Current: 20
CMD:
11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]You guys should probably start getting into the habit of including a character avatar for your IC posts. They are becoming mandatory for playing in some games (mine and GE's at least) and you can see all of the veterans are doing it. ;)

The visual actually enhances the ability to get into character for all involved, particularly in a free-for-all thread like the DWI. And in games, then you know exactly who is who on a tactical grid without labels in the early stages.

If you need help with image cropping/adjusting or hosting on Photobucket (or a similar site), I will gladly do that for anyone I game with, providing the link to my own Photobucket where the image is hosted. I don't delete my old images so it will always be there down the road.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg

Tsaaruck follows Brother Goswald to the meeting room. He looks around at the others that following the monk as well. Not seeing his companions from previous adventures he wonders how they fare and then how will the current group fare in this new mission of importance.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian.jpg

Quillian also follows the monk into the meeting room after securing a large mug of ale and a nearly overflowing plate of food, all of which he manages to carry successfully without spilling anything.

Last edited:

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
Abram sits at the hastily evacuated bar. Spilling a few drops of his drink,he wipes the counter from habit,his training and upbringing getting the better of him.

After a few moments of silence,he moves to join a game of 5 finger fillet at a nearby table.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The red haired takes advantage of the shifting people to cast the cleaning aspect of prestidigitation to cause all the dirt to fall off the monk as he walks away, a playful smile on his face as he directs the dirt to scoot itself out the door.

So. The red haired looks about and sees only the card players. He promised to save the seat. It sure got quiet quick . . . . .

Remove ads