[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Cruendithas re-enters the Inn and walks over to Heinrich and whistles looking around the Inn. "Wow this place sure got busy and this seems to be a little bit different crowd than was forming when I left. So what has been happening and why are people crowding around the green girl and old man? He then motions for a drink.

As he catches part of the conversation from the old man he walks over to hear more. Moving beside the seated Halfling. "Did I hear you need some help? Perhaps I may be of some service as well."

heinrich watches Cruendithas re-enter and sit, then jump up and head over to the Moretti party. He just sits and drinks his ale . . . . .

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Help, was it? The cloaked man cocked his head to the side, then climbed down off his chair, almost gliding over to the couple and the group that had gathered around them.

"Many greetings. Are you still looking for help? I would be more than glad to assist..."

Aura

Explorer
At Moretti's Table

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
..........Mr Moretti.................Carla, The Maid.......

As more vie to get Mr Moretti's attention, he laughs aloud, letting down his guise of formality. "Ah, so many! This could be a successful venture yet!"

Over at the bar, Carla takes note of the newcomers, obviously doing a head count and speaking curtly with the gruff barkeep. He nods and slides her six drinks to return with as Alec comes up to help. Seeing what he intends, she leaves two drinks on the bar for him as she double fists the other four. As she turns, it becomes obvious she is wearing a dagger on her belt, back side.

Back at the table, Mr Moretti nods as each prospective employee says a little about themselves, interjecting short responses where he can, quickly mentioning to Abram that this could be rather the adventure, to Alec that alchemy is a fine trade to have, and to Hawk that he hopes she can get out of the planks and somewhere better for herself. As Cruendithas and the cloaked man approach and also inquire, he does a quick count and nods in assent, "Yes, I think I could take both you as well... oh..."

At that moment the maid and Alec return with drinks, which are quickly spread around the table and chairs provided for all. All seated, Moretti continues, "Ah, but where are my manners? I'm Antonio Moretti, and I fancy myself a glass artist. I didn't quite... ah... catch any of your names in all of the chatter. Not only for my own good, but for that of your prospective teammates, if you could all introduce yourselves and mention what skills you bring, we shall get down to brass tacks."

With that, Mr Moreti takes a sip of the house brew... and winces.

[sblock=READ THIS BEFORE RESPONDING]
OK, last of the setup. Looks like our group is:
Hawk (Tailspinner)
Alec Morgan (BokaliMali)
Wahyu (Commander Fallout)
Cruendithas Beestinger the Treasure Hunter (BigB)
Abram "owlbear" Samson (Matthew Ashburn)

Our judge will be GlassEye.
We will now adjourn to the thread "[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2" over in the section "Playing the Game". However, please hold responses to Moretti's latest statements here until (1) GE has established his judge space (usually a placeholder post or two) and then I repeat the last part of the roleplay for as a queue.
Update: The game thread is ready for your roleplay! Everyone have fun.

Oh, and feel free to use a text color for your character's speech. It makes reading a bit more accented.
[/sblock]

Continued in game thread...

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

~ At a table near the fire place ~

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien was taking a break from shopping looking for some ale and the opportunity to take on some more work.

The archeress still had her finely crafted boots and the magical cloak, so she was only wearing her newly purchased jingasa upon her head. It was not a very good fashion statement, but then the half-elven girl was not really wearing color coordinated clothing anyway.

Entering the tavern, Tyrien looked around for the red-head archer (Eanos) and noticed he had not arrived. They had agreed to meet here again sometime.

Ordering some halfling apple mead, she took ehr drink and sat at a table near the fire place.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +7 Reflex: +13 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

business at the pearl . . . . .

To everyone around him, The red haired human downs his drink and stands. "I am to have sorrow, but I have to be getting to business." His thick accent makes his sentence syntax tricky to follow, but he does get his point across. He bows and exits the dunn wright inn.

Satin Knights

First Post
The door opens to the inn and a recognizable pair of veterans walk in. The black panther is not that special in being a cat, but since he sports a split tail, he stands out as unique in the community. The grumpy man following him is a bit ragged from the road. Dressed in blacks and browns, friendly does not seem to be his goal or disposition at the moment.

Looking around, Kalgor spots someone familiar sitting by the fireplace. "Aw hell..." "Ssshut up annd orrrderr me some food."

Making their way to the other side of the room, they find an empty table and wait for Marla to make her rounds.
[section]

[sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, Scroll of Fly, Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
The barmaid, lost in some menial cleaning job, doesn't notice Kalgor enter. After finally getting a table back to presentable condition (at least by DWI standards), she looks up. "Oh," she mutters, eyes falling upon the outdoorsman. Setting some things on the bar, Marla glides up to his table with a familiar smile, "What can I get for you, stranger?" she teases. She pauses to think a moment, then continues under her breath, "cause we had a whole lot of stranger people in here, tonight."

Scott DeWar

Heinrich, Wizard, fire elementalist 9

Marla glides up to his table with a familiar smile, "What can I get for you, stranger?" she teases. She pauses to think a moment, then continues under her breath, "cause we had a whole lot of stranger people in here, tonight."

And once again the doors to the Inn open as a red haired man, one of the strange folk just mentioned by Marla, walks in. He walks to the fire to warm him self a bit then steps up to the bar and orders an ale. "Grok, Gooten tag. How ist business today. " He really does not expect any more of a reply then a grunt.

Systole

First Post
The door opens and a halfing woman walks inside, followed at a short distance by a tattooed elven man. The elf is scarred and dangerous looking, with impressively muscled forearms and shoulders and a quiver full of wickedly sharp javelins. In spite of this, and despite the pleasant smile on her face, the halfling somehow seems to be the more dangerous of the pair -- she practically radiates an aura of palpable menace. The elf clearly feels it too, and makes sure to keep the halfling in sight, with several paces separating them.

She approaches the bar with a spring in her step and a total disregard for the elf who accompanied her inside. Grog watches her with narrowed eyes, one hand below the bar – presumably on a weapon. “Sugar Sweet. Thought youse was dead. Shame you ain’t.”

“I am much agrees,” the elf growls, looking sidelong at his partner. “I hope to fixing that shame very soon. But I cannots do it today.”

Sugar Sweet's smile broadens. “Oh, you shouldn’t think too much, friend Grog. I know it’s difficult for you, and I wouldn’t want you to strain yourself. Anyway, today I’m here on business.” She chuckles softly as the half-orc’s grip tightens. “But not that kind of business. May I?”

Without waiting for a reply, Sugar Sweet hops lithely up onto a chair, and from there onto the bar, where she turns to address the main room. “Attention, kind-hearted and hopefully competent adventuring types! A vicious murderer is on the loose in the town of Gandling, and your help is required to capture or kill the madman!" She pauses for a moment to make sure everyone is listening before she continues. "Not only will your timely assistance help save lives, both innocent and otherwise ... and not only will you be helping your city prosper ... but you'll also have the opportunity to visit an exotic vacation destination and line your purses with silver and gold while you're at it! And as an added incentive, you should know that my associate Rahor of Clan Gregga has a fine assortment of goats which he’s trained to serve all of his carnal needs and he’s happy to share, if you’re into that kind of thing! Apply now!”

The elf glares at the Sugar Sweet with pure murder in his eyes. She smiles happily, first at him and then at Grog. “Mister ‘of Clan Gregga’ and I will take one of the private rooms. See you around, friend Grog.” She winks at him, hops down off the bar, and saunters toward the back. After a moment, Rahor follows. Grog glowers at the both of them they're out of sight.

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg
Grog_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . . . . . . . . Grog . . . . . . .

GM: Recruiting for Evil Unto Evil, an 8th level adventure.

[sblock=K:Local DC 20]Sugar Sweet was a criminal from Tritower.

[sblock=K:Local DC 25]She was (allegedly) an assassin, and (allegedly) scored a number of impressive kills, although she was never caught and nothing was ever proven. She dropped out of sight a few years ago, however. Word on the street was that she was dead.

[sblock=K:Local 30]She popped back up last year working for the Western Sea Syndicate, an (allegedly) legitimate business concern.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=K:Geography 10]Rahor is a Jiragan.

[sblock=K:Geography 15]Gandling is one of the port towns that sprung up on the island chain between Venza and the Western Continent. By all accounts, it’s a hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.[/sblock][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Responding to the waitress, "If strangers didn't walk in, your life would be a bit boring I would say." Smiling, "Some venison and potatoes for both of us if you would Marla. I'll have some red wine and the kitty will have some milk if you got it." He sets a couple gold coins on the table, knowing full well it the quite more than the simple meal is worth.

While flirting with Marla, a pair walk in that put even Grog on edge. Looking them over, they appear to have earned a reputation.

After listening the the little one's offer, "So, who's that?" he asks Marla, knowing himself that he has heard the name Sugar Sweet before. "Ah, never mind. I should just go find out for myself. If a troubled one is trying to save innocents, they deserve help in that task, no matter how checkered their past might be. Besides, a good hunt sounds interesting."

"Would you be so kind as to bring our supper to us when it is ready? We will be in which ever back room they went to."

Kalgor gets up and gathers his things. Then he and the panther walk to the back and knock twice on the door.
[section]

[sblock=Actions]Kn Local (1d20+5=24)
Diplomacy (1d20+4=17) to get a little more information out of Marla. But, that actually takes too long. Didn't wait.[/sblock]
[sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, Scroll of Fly, Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]