[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
===An Unlikely 'Couple'===

An unusual duo enters the tavern. The first is what looks to be a maid, judging from her dress style. Even in the less than optimal lighting it is immediately obvious from pointed ears, oversize incisors and green skin she has some level of orcish blood to her. She walks backwards and leads an older gentleman in by the hand, pulling firmly, almost forcefully.

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
.....Older Gentleman................The Maid............

"No, this isn't the place," the older gentleman complains.

"Yes, it is," the maid retorts, "Did you not see the sign?"

The gentleman relents. Running his fingers through his beard, thinking. "I didn't think it would be so... seedy."

"We're trying to hire help, not join a social club, Mr Moretti. She said some of the best come here, and we don't even need the best," the maid counters, wary eyes scanning the shadows for likely folks to bolster her argument.

Fine cloak swishing the other direction, the gentleman switches directions, stepping for the door, "Well I don't see anyone looking for a job here..."

Without pause, the orc blooded woman puts one finger in each side of her mouth and whisles, LOUDLY. With almost as much volume, she addresses everyone in the bar, "Mr Moretti here is paying a 100 gold crown retainer, plus a completion fee, for help cleaning his estate of vermin!"

Mr Moretti turns and shoots a dirty look at his employee. The maid merely shurgs. Moretti sighs... deeply.

[sblock=First Level Game Opening]
Rodents of Unusual Size, Part Two (or, ROUS 2)
This is an adventure for first level adventurers. No knowledge of the original ROUS is necessary to participate.
[/sblock]

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
Abram drops the knife almost impaling his big toe.This is the foot in the door hes been looking for.he Approaches the orc girl,he holds his battered hand out to shake.
"This sounds right up my alley!count me in"

BokaliMali

First Post
At the harsh whistle, Alec jerked his head up from the pint he had been nursing for the last hour. "wuh-" Huh. Second one tonight. Almost like people in this city know to look for adventurers in taverns. Well, 100 gold for squishing some bugs or whatever sounded like a pretty good deal to Alec. Was that girl a half-orc? Pretty shade of green...
Alec pushed himself off the bar and walked to the pair, primed to address the maid but losing his nerve at the last minute, turning to the older gentleman, almost tripping over his own feet in the process, glaring at the ground in angry disbelief at the clumsiness of this first impression (hold on, let me catch my breath...) and, after just long enough for the flush to leave his face and for anyone (so, everyone) watching to wonder what the heck was so interesting about that particular spot on the floor, looked up and said "I, uh, I mean, you need... I mean I can do it."

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

A small Halfling enters and immediately notices a couple of individuals headed over to talk to Mr. Moretti and his maid. So she heads over to see what is up.

Aura

Explorer
=== At Moretti's Table ===

Antonio.jpgCarla.jpg
..........Mr Moretti..................Carla, The Maid........

"Well, then... I guess there are... a few who might suffice," Moretti admits, even if in a less than charitable way. "Let's sit for a spell while we wait for other volunteers, then we can get to the gritty details. Perhaps some drinks, Carla. Let us not be poor hosts, even in a place such as this!" With that, he waves a hand dismissively in her direction.

The maid bristles, "We're in a tavern... and there's a waitstaff and everything here, I don't have to..."

"Get the drinks," Moretti finishes her sentence for her. Saying nothing further, Carla turns towards the bar while Moretti takes a seat. He addresses the two large men, "Please, be seated. Let us..."

Mr Moretti's eyes fall upon the curious Hawk, "Oh, my apologies, we have three interested souls!" Standing immediately, he brings one of the chairs designed to seat a halfling comfortably to the table and offers her a place at the table. Smiling, apparently happy with his work, he sits back down and continues. "Where were we? Oh yes, let us have each of you tell me something about yourselves."

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
"well my story is not long,or even terribly interesting.Yet,at least. But I used to be a servant,much like your girl,and I left that life to seek adventure and glory. That was about...a week ago. I'm still waiting for my first tale to be written"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Not sure of the meaning of the proffered dagger by handle and the wager he asks, " vhat kind uf vager, herr Owlbear?" He jumps at the shrill whistle and next thing the pugilist is off to the other table seeking employment.

Last edited:

BokaliMali

First Post
Alec tried, unsuccessfully, to hide the consternation he felt at the old man's brusque treatment of his companion. Servant or no, he could get his own drink.
Trying (again unsuccessfully) to nonchalantly rise from the table to help the maid, bumping the table in the process, (good thing they hadn't gotten their drinks yet!) Alec answered; "I do alchemy. I'm kind of OK at it I guess. Um, I guess I'm here to find my brother. He sort of ran off because he thinks assassins are after him. I'm, uh, pretty sure they're imaginary though. He's, uh, kind of a weird guy. Looks sort of like me but, you know, weird. If you've seen him..."

BigB

First Post
Cruendithas re-enters the Inn and walks over to Heinrich and whistles looking around the Inn. "Wow this place sure got busy and this seems to be a little bit different crowd than was forming when I left. So what has been happening and why are people crowding around the green girl and old man? He then motions for a drink.

As he catches part of the conversation from the old man he walks over to hear more. Moving beside the seated Halfling. "Did I hear you need some help? Perhaps I may be of some service as well."

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

The small halfling woman looks and smells like she spent the night in the stables. "I was orphaned at a very young age and grew up in Planks in Venza. But my sword is for hire is you have the coin." The little woman speaks in a terse, matter a fact tone.

Remove ads