[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Commander_Fallout

First Post
A dark, formless shape opened the door and stood silhouetted in its bright frame. It spoke in a low, solemn, yet soft voice, "So many strangers, entering the same strange place in so small an amount of time; their reasons are many, their causes and ideologies as well. An event, someone or something, will take us away from here, and the place will fill with yet more strangers the next day. So it has before, and so it shall again, as cyclical it is fated to be. Such is the pattern of life and the universe."

Aura

Explorer
=== Marla, Barmaid ===

The appearance of the oddly speaking stranger gives the barmaid a moment of pause, only to be put back into motion by a familiar face: Garadh has come to drink. "Right away, Garadh!" she calls out, by name, quickly retreating back to the bar to draw his ale.

BigB

First Post
To Alec

Cruendithas watches the man and notices his hesitation at seeing him and this makes him a bit curious. " Looking for your brother who has run away. Well that explains it then. Not much of a adventurous story but one that has caused you some distress no doubt. Please enjoy your drink and relax. This is a place of friends." Cruendithas thinks to himself why the pause has he never seen a gnome or has he and is ill at ease, perhaps it will come out in more conversation.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The form strode further into the inn, and sat at a table nearby. It was no more than the size of a child, its shapelessness due to the black and white cloak completely covering its body; save for its nose, that is, which protruded some inches past the shadow created by its hood. A long, spindly arm protruded from the folds on the front of the cloak and waved down a serving wench. "I shall take some tea, if such is not too much to ask."

It then leaned back in his chair, and stared over at the bar's patrons, as if in interest.

GlassEye

Adventurer
A potential employer...

A road weary traveler steps into the common room of the Dunn Wright Inn and surveys the room. Anyone who looks notices the tall man with the long, horse-like face is wearing well-worn, almost ragged, robes of heavy wool spattered with dirt and mud along the hem. A coarse sack is slung over the man's shoulder into a makeshift pack and something fairly heavy resides within. Trying not to be obvious and failing the man adjusts the hang of the sack so that he can hold it securely under his arm.

The man moves across the room with a tired, thumping gait and takes an open place beside a very beautiful woman (Pirvinia) at the bar. He clearly notices her beauty but just as clearly does not gawk over it and turns his attention to the tiefling woman manning the bar at the moment.

"Miss? I am Brother Goswald. Some ale, please, and a meal of whatever the kitchen is serving. A slab of bread and a slice of meat will do; nothing special."

He slips more coins across the bar than are necessary to pay for a drink and a simple meal. They gleam of gold. It seems the ragged monk hides his wealth well.

"I've been told this is the place to find those willing to take on dangerous employment?"

The barmaid places a mug of ale in front of the man and motions towards the room.

"This is the place. Take your pick."

w26c.png
marlathebarmaidsmall.jpg

. . . . Brother Goswald . . . . . . . . . . Marla . . . . . .

[sblock=Recruiting Lv 3]This is the recruitment for Lost Imperium for 3rd level characters. Following players have first priority, if they are interested. Recruitment will soon move to the game thread so we'll be out of the way for Aura when that game is ready to recruit.
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11368]Khisanth the Ancient[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40072]BigB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6704325]Commander_Fallout[/MENTION][/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia sips her wine, chilled with the liberal use of her cantrip, and looks at the traveler in the heavy wool clothes. With a minor gesture, she directs the prestidigitation spell she has active to do away with the smell of mud, sweat and whatever else is clinging to the man sitting beside her. Cleaning the air around her is one thing, but she would not clean the mud from his clothes without permission.

"You look to have traveled long to get here, Brother. I am Pirvinia von Lichenstein, one of those people that Marla refers to."

"
What exactly are you looking for here in this den of crazy adventurers?
"

The sorceress sips her wine with a curious expression as she looks at the man over the rim of her goblet.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 13 (17 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 11)
HP:
20 Current: 20
CMD:
11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC:
18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP:
10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian Barthony

Amongst the chatter, a simply dressed and weary looking halfling enters the Inn and heads straight to the bar. "A good stout drink and a solid sandwich please. It has been a long several last several of months, and it is good to be back in a place that does not tax all of my resources to the very end." He looks like he is about to settle in when he hears one of the others at the bar mention employment. Changing seats to hear more, he introduces himself. Upon closer inspection, the influence of the sea is quite strong, tattoos of all kinds cover his arms, and most of his clothes are clearly the kind worn by sailors, though his armor seems a bit out of place, being of woven leaves more commonly associated with elves. "Excuse me, good sir, but I happened to overhear that you are in need of assistance. Weary as I am, perhaps I can be of assistance; I am Quillian Barthony, former sailor, and now an ambassador to the world for the Stormlords."

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Cruendithas gathers his parchment and ink and drinks the last of his drink and heads for the door. "I must run an errand my friends keep a place for me I shall return shortly." He then exits the door a bit hastily.

A large 1/2 orc then enters just as Brother Goswald makes his announcement. Tsaaruck grins and walks straight to the man. "Dangerous employment you say. Well I would like to hear more of this dangerous employment. Walking about this city has me on edge. My name is Tsaaruck." Tsaaruck orders a mead as he waits for the conversation to continue understanding the man probably wants to gather a few more before explaining further.

Remove ads