[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Receiving a drink in a disreputable looking flagon Izzik flashed the barmaid a grateful tired smile. As soon as she turned away he glanced about and lowered his tongue into what turned out to be mead, moistening the pitiful dried up oral appendage back into usability and letting out a satisfied sign as he proceeded to greedily guzzle the liquid.

Feeling somewhat more human he turned to survey the virtually empty bar, harsh white light illuminated the scene in stripes through the heavy wooden shutters and reminded Izzik of his headache. Nothing for it he was just going to have to sit here and drink until something interesting happened or until he felt well enough to stand, surely the world would present something to entertain him shortly, it always did.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing: Jax - human male

Jax looked at yet another newcomer come to his favorite watering hole. He would have spit had he not want the barmaids to chided him like they did the last time.

What was it with all these people? He had been coming here for... well a long time although he lost count of the years. And now all of the suddened The Dunn Wright be full of strangers...

{{Ha! strange, strangers at that!}} he said to himself and shook with mirth at his own joke.

Just then the newest new face saw him and gave him a questioning eye. "Heh, hmm... Joke's on you young'n. If ye be here for a job then ye be late. And if'n ye be here offer-in work will then ye be late fir that toos."

He looked at the youngester and knew that he might take offense so he raised his mug in a toast. "Here be to the next job what comes around an a guid luck to ye wit it." he says then downs his mug.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raising his eyebrows and stifling a yawn for the sake of politeness Izzik offered the chatty patron a sleepy grin.

"All the same to me, way I look at it the dull parts are just life saving up the awesome for later. So this whole experience is really very valuable. Izzik Deeks by the way, buy you another drink?"

OOC: I'd moved things onto morning in case that was not clear btw, since the posts before mine had been talking about it and some time had allapsed.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing Jax - human male

After speaking the magic words (buy you another drink), Jax's face grows a wide grin. "That ye can laddie, that ye can." Jax says gesturing to a chair.

"My name be Jax," he says taking the new mug from the barmaid as she comes over. "I do alittle o' this and alot o' that in these parts. Why just last week..." Jax goes into a long story that the sleepy Izzik hardly hears or remembers. Izzik hardly remembers the older man's gruff face but would recognize the accent if he heard it again.

The only thing the young summoner does recall after buying that first drink was being helped up to bed and loving the softness of the pillow over the hardness of the table as he drifted off to sleep.

In the morning as Izzik comes down to breakfast and Jax is nowhere to be seen, but others have come to the Dunn Wright and the taproom is nearly full.

[sblock=OOC]OK time for everyone to jump in. :p And the group from the Green Faerie should be here waiting too. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

A big men with a bald head and foreign clothes leaves one of the tavern's rooms and sits down on a separated table to get some breakfast. On second look, one can see that his head and the table have the same mark: a red handprint.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath

[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik is awakened by a shaft of sunlight and after some considerable effort to avoid its insistent glare and get back to sleep he gives it up. Having decided to face another of these dreadful mornings - which traditionally only happen to other people - he pulls on his breeches and heads downstairs snatching his tunic.

Stretching like a cat he pulls his tunic on while descending into the common room and saunters over to take a seat at a table near the big bald bloke nodding vaguely in greeting as he does so.

"Let me guess you were caught red handed?"
He says with a wry smile, "Sorry, couldn't resist, bad jokes must be told by someone, I see it as a public service. I'm Izzik by the way, its nice to meet you, possibly."

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

"The mark on my head is the mark of my society, the Red Hand Society. My name is Ta-Am-Ath. I hope it's nice to meet you, too. But first I need something to eat."
The big men with a bald head responds and winks the halfling to bring some food.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] No WD your suppose to play an NPC, LOL :p Ta-Am-Ath is in an adventure. Altough we are back at the tavern. *shrugs* this could happen before I guess. [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
NPCing Dellrian, half-elf

As usual, the morning sun blinded Dellrian. Another long night of work, and he needed to stretch his legs finally. Venza at night was a beautiful city, but how he wished those bars would stay open longer. How he needed a drink...

As if the gods themselves willed it, a bar sign could just be seen. Through dreary eyes he could just read Dunn Wright... HA! Done Right by Dunn Wright... a comedian he could be...

Dellrian opened the door and smiled, waving to the barkeep "Your strongest ale, good sir." Pulling a bag of coins out of his shoulder bag, he gives the barkeep the money. "I will pay for everyone's breakfast this morning. You can keep the change. Yes, I said everyone, that includes future customers as well. Until the sun is at its peak" Looking around at the two humans sitting at the table, he waves in hello

"Greetings sirs. How are you gentleman doing this bright and early day?" The half-elf looked somewhat tired, but in good spirits. He has a very fancy set of clothes on for someone who just walks into a bar. He finally orders from the waitress food, and goes to join the humans in the corner.

Remove ads