Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok Theroc this is where we will continue Aidan's story and have it hook up with the others once we are done.

It will be just like the others in that you will gain XP by posting and an overall game XP once the adventure is over.

Let me try and remember the post I had way back in the IC.

HM

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/258495-off-war-ic.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/280281-off-war-always-recruiting-occ-year-2-a.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/257898-rg-off-war.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-house-rules/258313-off-war-houserules.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/258310-five-kingdoms.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aidan wakes aching, the mattress on the bunk was hard but... not the matress but carpet. The young man must had fallen out of bed. Wait there was no carpet in the barracks.

Trying to look around Aidan feels as if he had spent a week working the fields and was now just able to stop and rest. Every muscle hurt every little move made him ache. Bring his head around while torturous let him see where he was.

The walls were tent canvas and the floor carpet over the hard ground. He saw a bed and chest in one corner and a desk and massive chair in another. Something clicked inside the boys head, something familiar. The smell of something burning filled the air but their was no fire or even csndles about, light coming from a glowing ball hovering over the desk.

Still to sore and tired to get up he tried rolling to his side. And saw the entrance flap to the tent, a man in robes stood with his back to Aidan and the murmuring said he was talking to someone outside. A gold sash crossed the man's back and that to tickled the boys brain.

He was here before, with Lora. He looked around quickly, but she wasn't here. He was here with her and they spoke to...

OOC: All yours.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan groaned softly as he stood up and assessed his surroundings. This ain't like tha manor at'all... what in the blazes...? Why am I so sore? This and many other thoughts ran through the boy's head until he realized where he was. He was in Dellex's tent!? He quickly checked around for his belongings, particularly something sharp. He had no intention of staying around Dellex any longer than he had to. After all, a country boy like himself wouldn't know the first thing about dealing with a noble. Especially a noble whose goals oppose his own with a force greater than he could muster.

As he looked about, he tried to think of what was going on. It seems like someone decided to keep me unconscious and drag me off to Dellex... where ever that is... I'll find that out once I get out of here. I've got to get back to Lora and the others if I'm to earn my pay... and I can't leave Lora alone back there... alone? She isn't alone you woolheaded farmboy! Everyone else there is more competent than you are!

He shook his head, trying to figure out where his stuff is. And while he was in here alone, he figure he'd do his best to listen in on what was going on outside.

[I don't know which checks you want done, so go ahead and roll any checks you need done. I think the relevant skills would be Spot/Search, Move Silently and Listen]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aidan's balance still alittle off reaches out to grab the center pole of the tent.

*tinkle, tinkle*

A small brazier cold and unused bonces off the pole as Aidan grabs it. The man at the entrance flap turns at the sound and Aidan sees Dellex standing before him smiling.

"Awake?" he asks calmly. "Good I was not sure how long it would take you to recover from the spell that brought you here. Please sit you must feel like your body is on the verge of exhaustion." the mage says gesturing to the bed and moving to sit behind the desk.

Looking towards the tent flap Aidan notices a armored back blocking the exit. He looks about the tent but he and Dellex are the only ones present.

"Now," Dellex says taking a seat and staring intently at the young warrior, "that I have you here, I have a few questions for you."

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked at the situation. This was not at all what he wanted. The last thing he wanted was to be in the same tent, alone, with man intent on usurping Bear's power, and was willing to kill to do it. Particularly when he was transported into 'enemy' territory without any support, and Aidan still hadn't figured out where his pack went. He took his seat on the bed as asked, returning the man's gaze before he replied simply.

"No offense intended, but I'm answerin' no questions until ya tell me what's goin' on here..." He prefaced, looking about nervously. After all, he did not want to be there, and one wrong word could get him killed. If Dellex killed him before asking his questions though, he'd be out the information he sought, so Aidan knew he had at least a bit of a bargaining chip. However, he had no idea on how to extricate himself from this suspicious and potentially lethal situation...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Hmmm... perhaps I should have summoned the girl." Dellex says at the question and tone in Aidan's voice.

"Very well for now I will answer a question in exchange for you answering one of mine. Fair?" he asks.

Not waiting for an answer Dellex ponders the question asked him a moment before answering. "What is going on here? The army is about two days from Harkon Manor, and we need information on what lies ahead. You were at Harkon this I know from the token I gave you. I "sensed" it's direction and distance, you were asleep at the manor." Dellex says a slight smile on his face as Aidan sits still in his small clothes. "I'm sorry the spell couldn't bring any of your belongings, just what you have with you."

"I need to know what is going on at Harkon, first of all is Martomum Stonebreaker there?" he asks his eyes intense on the young man.

[sblock=OOC] Looking at you as if he wants to see a lie. If I were you I would give him truthful answers but not any additional information. ;) [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"Wouldn't it o' been easier to just send a rider ta ask, rather than busting me up in the dead of night in me small clothes?" Aidan murmured, before answering directly.

"Nay, Mart wasn't wit' us at Harkon Manor..." the farmboy replied truthfully, before deciding to ask his own question. "What is the army doin' at Harkon Manor? Tha's where tha irregulars were sent..." The question was simple enough, and illustrated the boy's confusion. Hopefully he could get some more information to return to the group at Harkon once he got there... however it was he got there. Jes dun't say too much, and dun't ask too much... and be ready to run if things go bad. Yer jus' a farmboy, ya ain't no warrior...

(OOC: Italics are Aidan's thinking, just to make it clear.)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dellex just smiles and you aren't sure as to what it is you said that has him in such a good mood.

"The army includes the irregulars so were it goes they go. Your group was sent to warn Harkon of the approaching Treylor threat and that is why you took the Spider's Path. I take it the ettercap is dead." the statement can be read in the man's face, and you know he wants no response.

"Tell me who else in your party made it to Harkon with you. I know the girl is there. What of Jareth Kyras is he still alive?" he asks leaning forward intent on the answer.

Theroc

First Post
"Everyone who left the Spider's Path is at the manor." Aidan replied, slightly confused. "If ya... used magic to bring me here... couldn't ye've jus' use some magic to visit Harkon manor and warn them yourself?" The young man asked, confused. He was really getting confused. "Why are we camped out instead of heading towards tha manor anyhow? I mean, ye've left me in me smallclothes but still, if Harkon Manor is in danger we should be there to assist them, shouldn't we?"

The boy felt an itch in his mind... he could hardly tell he was cold anymore as he felt the sensation. It was odd... almost as if he was just now feeling the magic. He shook his head briefly and looked back to Dellex. He wasn't sure now whether or not Dellex knew that he knew Dellex wasn't Bairan, but he wasn't going to blow that potential otherwise.

"Lord Bairan, have you always been a magician?" The boy asked, curious before realizing he was asking far too many questions, and remained quiet to let Dellex speak. After all, this particular thing wasn't his forte.

I wish Lora was 'ere, she'd know what ta say. She always knows what ta say... well, just about always... I'm just a bloody farmboy... I'm not cut out for these politics... me mum never taught me a lick o' 'em an' she didn't wan' me asking questions neither. Ugh... I wish I hadn't listened and learned anyhow...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"HAHAHAHAH!!" Dellex laugh is one Aidan hopes never to hear again. It makes him feel like chilled water is being poured down his back.

"I am sorry but we have not been properly introduced," Dellex says with a small grin, wiping a tear of mirth from his eye.

"I am Dellex Kilgrane, Chief advisor to King Haspen and current liasion here in Lord Bairan's army, to help in a vital mission givin to Lord Bairan by the king."

"And you are Aidan Burke of the southwest holdings in Datson. Your family farm is not large or very prosprous, but does well enough and has a good crop every year. But this year may be different as your father is ill, and you are here. Your mother..." Dellex stops watching Aidan's reaction to the fact that the man has learned all about him, and perhaps Lora also.

Before he can continue a deep burly voice brakes in, "Whose's father is ill?"

A large man in plate armor and wearing a white tabard trimmed in gold and bearing the blue bear asks ducking to enter the tent. His beard is dark black with a hint of gray and he looks the part of a serious warrior, except.

When Aidan looks at the man's eyes he sees a mischievous and jovial twinkle in them.

"This Aidan, is Lord Bairan." Dellex says by way of introduction, a hint of asperation in his voice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases