Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aidan enters the irregulars camp and starts to search for Fallon. When just looking doesn't help he starts to call out. His calling catches the small ears of one person in the camp.

{{Eh? Bigfeets? Is that you?}} a small voice says in halfling. Stepping out of one of the tents comes a familiar face.

Theroc

First Post
While Fallon didn't present himself, his old announcer halfling guy. He grinned slightly, pointing and giving a 'suspicous' grin.

"Aye, I remember ye... don't ya owe me some coin, friend?" He chuckled, offering his hand in a gesture of goodwill as he wondered where Fallon was off to. He also wondered whether the halfling had found others to sponsor during his absence...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ha,ha!" the halfling says also grinning mischievously.

"You ain't been gone but two days. Ye think I could have spent it all so quickly?" he continues pulling a small pouch from his belt. He gives to Aidan as they shake hands, and then says again smiling. "As little as it be I could have at that. Ha,ha!"

Aidan takes the small sack and gives it a quick look inside. Then ties it to the rope belt of the robe. The halfling gives him a quizzingly look.

"Not goin' wizard on me are ye?" He asks his small face a little serious. "I thought we might be able ta makes some coin together."

[sblock=OOC] inside the pouch is 9sp [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"Only two days? Feels like so much longer... what with tha venomous spiders, the gnolls, and tha snake-headed beasty before being... magicked? from where ya were ta a tent elsewhere in yer smallclothes..."

Aidan told the halfling, still using his native tongue, which to the young man's understanding wasn't particularly common in camp, from the way the halfling spoke. He grinned and accepted the coin with a smile, finding a pocket somewhere amongst the robe before replying, "Me, a wizard? Iunno nothin' 'bout magick ta be a wizard. Tha's Lora's job." At the mention of coin, Aidan smiles faintly before replying, "I'd love to earn some coin with you, but if I see Fallon, I will need to drop what I'm doing, as I've an urgent task to find him and dunno where he's off to, so we can figure somethin' out while lookin' fer 'im, eh?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Sure 'nuff." Heron replies. "I's know where to find the old man Fallon, everyone knows that. Ye will have to tell your tale in full tonight sounds like a doozy, but first let's go see Fallon 'eh?"

The halfling leads Aidan deftly through the sea of tents and irregulars, sometimes having to backtrack when he takes a path only the halfling would find comfortable traveling.

And in no time he enters what looks like a quartermasters area. Two wagons full of boxes and barrels sit off to one side, a long table before them. A small tent is near a fire being tended by the old man Aidan first encountered when he came to join the irregulars, so many weeks ago.

"Eh, Fallon," Heron says troting up to the fire and taking a stool. "Look who I founds, he be wandering the camp a lookin' for ye."

Fallon looks up and grins when he sees the halfling and Aidan approach. When the old man regonizes the young boy he quickly stands and looks past Aidan.

"If you are, are here," he says a frown starting to form on his usually jovial face. "Where, where are the others?" he says his voice anixous. "They aren't, aren't..." he swallows unable to finish the dreadful sentence.

Theroc

First Post
Aidan chuckles a bit as the halfling tries to take him places he couldn't rightly fit in, following the smaller fellow around until they reach Fallon. The boy smiles to the older man, blinking as he swiftly goes to assume the worst despite his smile.

"Nono, I wouldn't be smiling if someone'd gone and off'd 'em. Dellex magicked me here from Harkon using tha brooch he gave me an' Lora back when we spoke before... an' he got a letter for ya. I sorta got ta meet Lor' Bairan, but Dellex shoo'ed him away and then shoo'ed me away when I couldn't tell him much. He had this for you..." Aidan produced the letter intended for Fallon before continuing, "An' another for Father Wellim... I think he wants Father Wellim ta heal Pa..." The boy commented, waiting for Fallon's response.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What, what do you mean? You were teleported here. Then the others? Martomum? They are all safe?" he asks with a sigh of relief.

Taking the letter Fallon reads the short note, and then looks back up to Aidan his grey eyebrows raised.

"Going, going on a trip are we?" Fallon asks. "What was, was that you said about Father Wellim?"

Fallon hands the note back to Aidan at his questioning look.

[sblock=Note]

Acting Quartermaster you are hereby charged to provide the Aidan Burke - of the irregulars - with any and all equipment he may need for his upcoming journey. In addition he is to be givin a purse worth 500 gold marks. When he is ready show this to the teamster Hod as he is charged with providing a suitable mount.

It is signed simply - D [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
"Dellex gave me a message for Father Dellim, and I was supposed to take him ta Pa. Mart's with tha Gnolls... somethin' about Bair, and chief and... us bein' Green... He and tha otha' not so new fella went with tha gnolls, and us greenies wen' ta Harkon. We got chased ta some snakeheaded beasty thing... and before we saw tha gnolls, we fought some gian' spiders and some eatercap 'er summat..." Aidan noted, rubbing his leg where he was bitten. "Nasty buggers with nasty poison. We 'adda carry Trinham fer awhile 'til tha poison worked it's way outta 'im." The boy explained, looking at Fallon slightly confused. "Iunno what I'd need ta get home, but I'd needa know which way that is, all the commotion an' tha magicking me 'round thrown off my senses..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well, well those are some interesting events," Fallon says as he finishes stirring whatever it is that is in his cook pot. "You said, said Father Wellim will cure your own father, that is great news. Then we must, must get you ready to go it will take you about four days to return to Solemnheim."

Standing Fallon dusts off his robe and then turns to the wagons. "Help, help yourselves." he says gesturing to the pot before starting to rummage through the first wagon and putting things on the table.

Heron jumps up smiling, at the mention of sharing the food. "Perhaps ye should think on what ye will do to earn ye own coin in Solemnheim." he says filling a bowl with the steaming stew. "As sure as a cockadolla be blue, dat dere five hundred marks be fur bribe'n the churchman."

[sblock=OOC] Ok Theroc time to re-equip Aidan. ;) Let's say you have about 100gp to spend on basic equipment and give me a list as if you where equiping your character at lvl 1. But the catch is your main weapon will be free and masterwork. Then you can post up Aidan seeing all this stuff on the table and or being givin to him by Fallon. [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Aidan blinked at the idea of being given free weapons due to a piece of paper, poking through and spotting a few items he wanted to replace that he'd lost. Namely a sickle, and a few javelins. After a bit he spotted a rather exotic weapon, picking it up and holding it, Aidan recalled seeing one in use before... Jareth used one. This one looked rather well made, but Aidan put it back, not wanting to take it, feeling that it would likely be better used by someone else.

He also picked up another bedroll and some rations so he wouldn't be caught off guard like before. He also drew some rope for tying just in case.

[OOC: Spiked Chain is my masterwork choice, ICly Aidan isn't gonna claim it though. :p Items claimed: Sickle, Javelin X5, Masterwork Spiked Chain(I'd like Fallon to give it to Aidan), bedroll, 5 days ration, hempen rope. If somehow that adds up to over 100 GP and it's a problem, lemme know, I kinda just winged it. If it's less, could Aidan claim some gold to smooth things over depending, and possibly give it to his family to help with the farm?]

Remove ads