[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

GlassEye

Adventurer
End of Round One

Flames gout from Heinrich’s hands and engulf the creature already burnt from Ashleigh’s bomb. With a final gasp it collapses in a small cloud of black ash.

Pari expertly hooks his scythe around the column of tangled kelp that supports the first creature and gives a mighty tug with the certainty that the creature will be pulled down. However, the kelp seems to move of its own volition and the curved blade passes through the kelp without knocking the creature to the ground.

Beginning of Round Two

Garnet has much better luck with her second swing. The sharp-bladed axe slices through the creature and strands of kelp go flying. At Garnet’s urging, Giocco jerks out of his horrified trance, darts forward and grabs the oracle by her shoulders and pulls her away from the creature looming over her.

The creature retaliates whipping strands of kelp towards Garnet's face. The plants flail about her but Garnet isn't struck.

The creature nearest Heinrich surges up onto the rocky shore and lashes out at him with one kelp-arm. It lands a stinging blow to the wizard.

The smaller of the creatures near Pari (not the one in the tide pool) awkwardly moves forward on a seething column of kelp and strikes out at the small druid but misses.

The largest of the kelp creatures attacks Tagaiwi. Despite the solid splats of the kelp-like arms striking around Tagaiwi none actually hit the large cat.

Ready for character actions!

[sblock=Combat]For the sake of being able to finish the monster attacks I went ahead and rolled Garnet's damage for her attack. I hope you don't mind.

Mariah needs to make a DC 10 Con check with a -1 penalty to stabilize. If not successful, she’ll need to make a second check with a -2 penalty.

Initiative Order
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Garnet            20  12   waraxe/none
[color=green]Kelpfolk1[/color]         13   [color=yellow]3[/color]   none/none
[color=green]Kelpfolk2[/color]         13  [color=red]-4[/color]   none/[color=red]dying[/color] 
[color=green]Kelpfolk3[/color]         13  [color=yellow]10[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk4[/color]         13  [color=yellow]10[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk5[/color]         11   [color=yellow]?[/color]   none/none 
Ashleigh          16   9   none/none
Heinrich          12   [color=yellow]2[/color]   dagger/none
Mariah            15  [color=red]-1[/color]   none/[color=red]dying[/color]
Pari              17  22   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• RockyStrand4.jpg
    RockyStrand4.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

vl.arandur

First Post
Fires alight in Ashleigh's eyes as the kelp creature burns, and she cackles in a frightening level of delight as she turned to scan for her next foe. Her eye is automatically drawn to the large kelp-creature, and she pulls out another bomb to toss at it. She lets fly, the makeshift vial arcing through the air toward the doomed plant-thing, the madness in the battlefield echoing the madness in her mind.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet grits her teeth, focusing. The plant monster's writhing tentacles are eerie and unsettling, but she forces herself to focus on the creature's monstrous body, searching for some opening.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari sees Garnet dealing with the creature in the tide pool and turns his attention to the one slipping up behind him. He extends his scythe as he whirls, and the great blade slips carves off a slice of kelpie flesh.

Tagaiwi gives in to his predator's instincts and counter attacks the giant kelp creature that menaces him.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Pari: To Hit (1d20+1=15) for (1d6=5) damage.

Tagaiwi To Hit (1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=5) for (2d4+2=6) damage.

OOC: I assume Tagaiwi can defend himself/counterattack without specific direction from Pari - figuring if I want him to change targets that would be a HA skill check?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
End of Round Two

Ashleigh makes a wild throw and her vial of volatiles arcs through the sky over Giocco to smash, barely, against the tough hide of the giant kelpfolk creature. It burns in an acrid, oily stench and wails as it does so.

Heinrich, dazed or playing some incomprehensible waiting game, perhaps, stands on the rocky beach.

Pari’s attack slices off flesh and yellow strands of kelp from the kelpie which bleeds a clear viscous liquid. Now that the lumbering plant creature has proven its hostility Tagaiwi jumps into the combat with cold predator instincts. His flashing claws rip and tear at the creature.

Giocco, cradling Mariah’s head in his lap, fumbles with his belt-pouch and withdraws a vial. ”Da said for emergencies. Looks like one to me…” Quickly he pops the cork which tumbles to the rocky beach and dribbles the liquid into the oracle’s mouth. The liquid spreads a healing warmth through the woman’s body and her eyelids flutter then open…

Beginning of Round Three

Garnet’s swing results in a spray of yellowish liquid. The kelpie slumps back down into the tide pool and floats there face down.

The remaining kelpies attack with frenzied tentacles. Heinrich falls among the flailing attacks and Pari takes a minor, stinging wound.

Character actions!

[sblock=Combat]Giocco’s potion restores Mariah to consciousness. She can rejoin the combat in Round Three (this new round).

Initiative Order
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Garnet            20  12   waraxe/none
[color=green]Kelpfolk1[/color]         13  [color=red]-2[/color]   none/[color=red]dying[/color]
[color=green]Kelpfolk2[/color]         13  [color=red]-4[/color]   none/[color=red]dying[/color] 
[color=green]Kelpfolk3[/color]         13  [color=yellow]10[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk4[/color]         13   [color=orange]5[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk5[/color]         11   [color=orange]4[/color]   none/none 
Ashleigh          16   9   none/none
Heinrich          12  [color=red]-2[/color]   dagger/[s]delaying[/s] [color=red]dying[/color]
Mariah            15   [color=orange]2[/color]  none/none
Pari              17  20   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=NOTICE]Tuesday the 21st I will officially begin my holiday travels. I'll be returning home on the 28th. During that time my access to computers will be fairly limited and I don't expect to be able to post much, if at all. I would like to get one last big combat post in Monday night and hopefully [crosses fingers] wrap up this first encounter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord_camulus

First Post
Mariah arises from her uncontentious state healed by her comrade. With vengeance in her heart toward those that would threaten those around her she raises her bow an takes aim at the largest of the unsightly creatures. Her hair begins to wisp around as if affected buy a gentle breeze blowing upward; a faint aura of spiritual pressure resembling a halo manifests its self around her head making her presence appear less mortal and more celestial. Just as she draws back the string of her bow her eyes go from their silvery blue to a fiery gold, giving off a mystical angelic white flame. With a condemning shout in the devilish tongue of the infernal realm a warning to the enemies of good,"Ar nosaukumu svētā ķēniņiene tieslietu es bannish jūs no šīs sfēras uz mūžīgo elli uguni no kuras tu izgāji."her hand lets loos the deadly missile sending it hurling toward the creature.

OOC: Sry no description in the attack roll but as i stated in my post i am attacking the largest on so #5

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Ashleigh, hit tha' one!" Shouts Garnet, gesturing to the kelpfolk menacing the fallen Heinrich. The dwarf moves carefully along the rocky beach to stand by the tiger, and takes a swing at the enormous creature.

OOC: Move to J7, attak

Remove ads