[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: Garnet's current AC should be 20, not 21, as her shield is still across her back. It didn't affect the Kelp's attack, though.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Note: I added a few adventure rules in the first post (I liked what Aldern Foxglove came up with for his new group). Essentially, you can post outside of initiative order if you wish but I will still resolve it based on initiative order. So, for example, mfloyd3 could go ahead and post his action for Garnet even though Scott hasn't yet posted Heinrich's action. This, theoretically, could pare the time to complete one round of combat from five days of real time to one day. Big improvement, imo.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mowgli]I'm ok with leaving Pari's action with Produce Flame as it is this time and going from here on out with the rule as Aldern stated.[/sblock]

vl.arandur

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ooh, I like that! It's kind of more realistic, anyway; six seconds isn't enough time to adequately react to everything else that's happening in that same six seconds.[/sblock]

Ashleigh turns toward the sound of combat and lets out a low, soft growl as she roughly calculates the distance to the kelp monster. She curses softly under her breath as she realizes that her companions are too close to the thing for her to use her bombs effectively, and so she scans the surroundings for another target as she takes one out of her bandolier, willing to bet that the ululating cry of the beast would bring yet more to the party.

[sblock=Readied Action]She readies an attack against seeing another combatant emerge; if one does emerge, she attacks it if it comes within 60 feet of her, attacking the closest one if multiples arrive.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Tagaiwi, attack!" Pari's sharp command comes simultaneously with his move . . . the little man steps up and hooks his scythe behind the things lower extremities and gives a sharp tug, toppling the creature to the ground. Only then does he notice his fearsome tiger crouching down, ears back and fur bristling but definitely NOT attacking. "MOVE, y' great hulking overgrown housecat! Act like you're one of the greatest predators on the planet, curse your stripes!"

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Free: Handle Animal (1d20+8=9) to get Tagaiwi to attack . . . er, cower.
Move: 5' Step to K6
Standard: Trip Attack (1d20+2=21) 23 - Forgot the Flanking Bonus.

I'm ok with leaving Pari's action with Produce Flame as it is this time and going from here on out with the rule as Aldern stated.

Thank you, sir. I'll keep that in mind for next time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich takes a step, holds his hands outstretched and fingers spread out, and speaks words of arcane origin.
"element tule, ma olen su kanali!"
translation:
element of fire, I am thy conduit
a silvery light glows from a pendant from his neck and flames gout from his fingers.

5 foot move ( I hope I can do this) to E6 and burning hands on Kelp creature number 2

ooc: sorry glasseye

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Scott, 'Hand of the Apprentice' states: "You cause your melee weapon
to fly from your grasp..." I take this to mean the dagger has to be in hand to use this ability. Can you edit, please?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
End of the Surprise Round
Heinrich whips his dagger from its sheath and prepares his arcane trick.

Beginning of Round One
Garnet’s swing is mighty but nearly slipping on the wet rock at the edge of the tide pool throws off her aim and the blow misses.

The creature’s cry dies away and it flails with two arms formed of kelp at Garnet. Both lashing strikes miss the dwarven woman.

Water at the edge of the rock strand churns and more kelp creatures rise up from the surf. One lashes out at Mariah and the lashing kelp strands seriously wound the woman. Mariah collapses on the beach. Two others move from the water onto the rocky strand. A fifth creature moves between Tagaiwi and the boat, near Pari. It calls out in a low sing-song voice and kelp surrounding it draws up increasing its size to a monstrous height. It lashes out at the small druid with thickly woven limbs of kelp but unsuccessfully.

Ashleigh is unable to ready her bomb before the kelp creatures arrive but as they advance she quickly draws out a vial of catalyst and mixes it. One moving in from the side towards Heinrich and Mariah is clear of her companions and the launched bomb engulfs the creature in flames. The kelp blackens and burns giving off a sickening stench.

[sblock=Combat]
I appreciate your enthusiasm but I think it would probably be best to at least wait until the monsters have performed their actions in a round before declaring your actions (Garnet excluded). Too many variables can make stated actions undesirable or irrelevant.

Mariah needs to make a DC 10 Con check with a -1 penalty to stabilize.

Mariah’s stated action would provoke an AoO; Pari may or may not wish to continue with his move and trip attack with the arrival of more kelp creatures. Let me know if you want to change it. I’ll wait for verification either way before continuing with this round.

Scott, in a surprise round characters who can act are allowed one standard action. For Heinrich, that'll have to be drawing his dagger unless he has a different action you want him to do. He can launch his dagger in round one but if that action isn't one you want him to take then let me know or repost your character action.

Note: I neglected to account for Ashleigh and Mariah being flat-footed until they get a chance to act in the previous combat block.

Initiative Order
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Garnet            20  12   waraxe/none
[color=green]Kelpfolk1[/color]         14   [color=yellow]7[/color]   none/none
[color=green]Kelpfolk2[/color]         14   [color=orange]0[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk3[/color]         14  [color=yellow]10[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk4[/color]         14  [color=yellow]10[/color]   none/none 
[color=green]Kelpfolk5[/color]          ?   [color=yellow]?[/color]   none/none 
Ashleigh          16   9   none/none
Heinrich          12   6   dagger/none
Mariah            15  [color=red]-1[/color]   none/[color=red]unconscious[/color]
Pari              17  22   none/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• RockyStrand3.jpg
    RockyStrand3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=GlassEye]Sorry for jumping ahead - not sure why I thought it was our turn again already . . . I'm fine with Pari continuing his stated action.[/sblock]

Remove ads