HOS Paragon Paths up

Dice4Hire

First Post
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Paragon Path)

The first example, Nocturnal, is a primal PP which seems to show the book will be more broad-based than I had expected, and this is a good thing.

The Nocturnal looks good, being built around a bit of charging. Always fun. The Level 12 utility is a rogue's dream.

The second is the Shadowthief, aimed at arcane, and is the one shown before, but not sure when or where.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
I really liked nocturnal as well. I'm curios about why the Ravenkin is not divine instead of arcane given the fluff.

Dusk Oracle sound cool for both divine and necromancers, while Shadow Dancer looks aimed at Ossasins and to a lesser extent Avengers and Fey Hexblades or even original feylocks. Might be good with swordmages as well, just have to see. Hope he gets his Shadow Companion.

Disciple at lest tells us what kind of pact Gloom Pact is with, Shadow Demons. I'm hoping for a summon shadow demon daily or become shadow demon daily.

Jhaelen

First Post
Dark Watcher

Prerequisite: Good or lawful good alignment
*grmph* I thought we finally got rid of this nonsense that is alignments (or at least their mechanical relevance...) :(

The excerpted complete write-ups are looking good, though!

gyor

Legend
*grmph* I thought we finally got rid of this nonsense that is alignments (or at least their mechanical relevance...) :(

The excerpted complete write-ups are looking good, though!

Agreed. HOS is proving interesting. Of course there is still the baked in pps of Noble Vampire, Grim Blackguard, Master Binder(I foresee many masturbater jokes about this one), and Guild Executioner. Grim Blackguard if it is like vailant cavalier will have mostly different powers and features depending on vice.
Of the main pps not shown I'm mostly curious about Shadow Dancer, Dusk Oracle, Ravenkin, and Disciple of Razaundra

Kingreaper

Adventurer
Nocturnal is yet another PP that I'll be houseruling to work in beast form.

Other than that, both the previewed PPs look nice.

Oh, actually, the shadowthief's AP feature is really rather weak.

Vael

Legend
Nocturnal is yet another PP that I'll be houseruling to work in beast form.

Other than that, both the previewed PPs look nice.

Oh, actually, the shadowthief's AP feature is really rather weak.

The Nocturnal already does. The most recent errata changed Wildshape so the only powers with the weapon or implement keyword require the beastform keyword to work in beastform. Neither the encounter power, nor the daily attack have either the weapon or implement keywords, so a Wildshape Druid is good to go with this paragon path as written.

twilsemail

First Post
Of these, I wrote the Battleweaver, Dusk Oracle, Ravenkin and Veiled Master.

After turning in your material, do you get to see what WotC has done with it before the book is released or is it a surprise for you too?

In its original incarnation, how useful do you think Veiled Master would be to an older Warlock who had Shadow Walk? An Assassin who'd taken Cursed Shadow to acquire the feature? I don't need details on their ablities, just an impression from your end of the toobs.

Remove ads