HOS Paragon Paths up

Klaus

First Post
After turning in your material, do you get to see what WotC has done with it before the book is released or is it a surprise for you too?

In its original incarnation, how useful do you think Veiled Master would be to an older Warlock who had Shadow Walk? An Assassin who'd taken Cursed Shadow to acquire the feature? I don't need details on their ablities, just an impression from your end of the toobs.
It's all a surprise for me, and one I'm eager to unwrap! :)

I think both of those classes would like the Veiled Master.

gyor

Legend
Of these, I wrote the Battleweaver, Dusk Oracle, Ravenkin and Veiled Master.

Cool, the veiled master sounds like a neat shadow kung fu guy and the Dusk Oracle sounds like it'll be cool I see dead people pp.

Just one question about the Ravenkin, why arcane prerequisite instead of divine? wouldn't divine fit the fluff more?

I do like that RQ is not required so it can easily be refluffed for any god, even in organized play. Say a shadow Treyssm or gliding frog or even shadowy symbol of a god or the creature a warlock has a pact with.

webrunner

First Post
Is it just more or are the descriptions of both Shadowshaper and Battleweaver somewhat similar?

Also, level 11 shadowtheif power, says "as your ability to channel shadow grows" - wouldn't that make more sense at a higher level? You literally only JUST learned how to channel shadows.

Incenjucar

Legend
*grmph* I thought we finally got rid of this nonsense that is alignments (or at least their mechanical relevance...) :(

The excerpted complete write-ups are looking good, though!

I'm pretty sure alignment requirement silliness was reintroduced in the Essentials books.

A few more products and there will be threads about kobold baby slaughtering all over again. :(

twilsemail

First Post
I'm pretty sure alignment requirement silliness was reintroduced in the Essentials books.

I know the Lord of Fate in Arcane Power had an alignment requirement. There were probably other PPs and EDs that had them before that. So it was around for at least a year before we had essentials.

Edit: Dragon 364 (JUN08): Pack Leader required Good Alignment.

mneme

Explorer
Er....didn't clerics in PH1 have a "must be the same alignment as your deity"?

Since deity selection has a mechanical impact, that means that alignment has always had a mechanical impact in 4e.

(edit: admitedly, clerics, at least, can be unaligned and serve any god. But still).

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
Most divine classes had some sort of alignment restrictions, it was just the said restrictions were based around your god's alignment. Ironically the Blackguard from the presented fluff may have the least alignment restrictions of any divine class/build.

Davachido

Explorer
Is it me or can you gain loads of shadows with shadowthief through minion clearing? As the path doesn't state non-minion enemies. Or possibly using shadow lance on a minion to get an almost surefire 4 shadows (5 on AP). Might be funny trying to build a Star pact shadowthief, then again the star pact base class feature is a lot weaker than the shadowthief's.

Remove ads