Gamers Seeking Gamers (500: Internal Server Error)

Deovin

Explorer
I've been getting a 500 (Internal Server Error) since last weekend.

Clicking on the link results in the site just spinning it's wheels for the better part of a minute before displaying the error page.

IronWolf

blank
Hhhhhmmmmm seems to be working for me at the moment. Have you tried from a different web browser or clearing your temporary Internet files?

Deovin

Explorer
500 is a server side error, so it's something on EN's (or their host's) end.

I've tried from about 4 different computers in multiple locations over the past week; same result. :(

IronWolf

blank
500 is a server side error, so it's something on EN's (or their host's) end.

I've tried from about 4 different computers in multiple locations over the past week; same result. :(

Yeah - normally I would agree with that. It has worked for me from two different machines and two different browsers - so at the very least it isn't a global issue.

I wonder if you have any strange data in your profile? Anything odd listed under your Edit Details - Additional Information section? Maybe the server isn't handling something gracefully from there...

Tharian

First Post
Both the forum and the feature opened for me just now. Both were rather quick, too. Something that wasn't the case about a week ago.

It may be server side, yes, but could it be that the server returning the message is not the ENWorld one, but an intermediary system?

Deovin

Explorer
Looks like I was actually able to get into it by going to my profile page, but clicking on the link at the top of the page still results in the 500. I can get to the rest of the site just fine.

Actually, I can only see the member list. Can't seem to get the map.

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I know this is an older thread, but I didn't see anything in here that showed how this problem was resolved.

I've been having the same problem for a few months now. I've cleared my history and cookies, and still no help. I know it's not a problem with ENWorld, as other people are using it just fine. I've tried it with both Internet Explorer and Safari on my computer, but no go. I cannot acces it on my iPhone either (same error). If I'm logged out, I can see the introductory/sample Gamers Seeking Gamers page...where it tells you to log in or register, but if I'm logged on (either on my computer, cell phone, or using IE or Safari) I get the 500 error.

Is there an accelerator, or add-on, or somesuch that's necessary for this page to load? Or could there be something in my ENWorld profile/settings that's blocking me out...?

It's highly possible I've changed some setting on my computer that is keeping this page from loading, but I don't know what, and it's the only such page I have a problem with...but that wouldn't explain why I can't access from my cell...

Any Ideas...?

:eek:

Last edited:

Deovin

Explorer
Almost one year later and I'm still having the issue. Multiple browsers on multiple PCs, multiple Macs, and now iPad. Tried from multiple locations in my area and in other states, on multiple networks. Still no luck.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Almost one year later and I'm still having the issue. Multiple browsers on multiple PCs, multiple Macs, and now iPad. Tried from multiple locations in my area and in other states, on multiple networks. Still no luck.

The problem here is that when trying to diagnose a bug, we have to loko for the thing in common. And you've ruled out everything in common with that sentence. So it's not browser related, computer related, time related, or location related, but it works for most people but not you. I honestly don't know how one would even go about diagnosing such a thing.

I can't see anything in common between yours and El Mahdi's account which you guys have and those who it works for don't have (or vice versa).

The only explanation my imagination can even possibly conjure which meets those criteria is a personal superpower which automatically disables the GsG system no matter how or where you access it!

Anyone else got any ideas?

Remove ads