Gamers Seeking Gamers (500: Internal Server Error)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
For what it's worth, it used to work fine for me until a few months ago (I don't remember exactly when it stopped working). I hadn't actively checked it for quite a while after first setting up my location and profile, as I wasn't actively looking for a game at the time. But I tried to look a few months ago and I couldn't access it...

Deovin

Explorer
*Just gave it a go with FireFox (v 10.0.2) on my MacBook Pro and it came up in no time.

Chrome (17.0.963.65) and Safari (5.1.2), both on Mac, are still having the issue.

Will try on the PC and report results when I get a chance.

-----------------------------------

* Scratch the FireFox success. I wasn't logged in and it was the Registration link page with the animated map that came up. Once I logged in and clicked the Gamers Seeking Gamers link the page loaded and loaded until finally showing the 500 status.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
I've been mucking about in the code for a while and noticed it has stubs for Facebook and other community sites. try logging out of plus/twitter/Facebook and try again.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I've been mucking about in the code for a while and noticed it has stubs for Facebook and other community sites. try logging out of plus/twitter/Facebook and try again.

I don't have any plus/twitter/Facebook accounts to log out of. The only online sites I have accounts with is ENWorld and Circvs Maximvs.

Oh, and my Yahoo e-mail.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
P.S.

I just logged in with my wifes account (Princess P) on both my computer and her iPad. Her account can access the Gamers Seeking Gamers app with no problem. I can even see myself on the map from her account, but I can't access Gamers Seeking Gamers from my account.

So, it's not a specific computer thing. It's not blocking on a specific computer. It's not router set up, or network blocking.

It's 100% isolated to either account/profile settings, or account authorizations on ENWorld itself.

Any other ideas what that might be...?

In the mean time I'm going to try a line by line comparison of my wife's settings and mine, and see what's different.

The most obvious right now is that my account is a Community Supporter account, and her's isn't.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]

Finished looking at my wife's and mine individual accounts.

Other than my account being a community supporter, having threads I've subscribed to, a few groups I've subscribed to, and having a signature, I didn't find anything significantly different.

I don't see how it could be subscribed threads, or groups - but even if it could, all the groups and most of the thread subscriptions pre-date this problem.

My creation of my signature also predates this problem.

Being a Community Supporter, I can turn off banner adds and such. I turned them back on for me, but there was no difference (so I turned them back off). Of course though, that wouldn't have been an issue for [MENTION=6675497]WarEagleWhoDat[/MENTION] anyways.

It has to be an authorization thing that isn't able to be set by the user.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Any success yet on figuring this out? (It's been a couple of weeks. I just tried it and it's still not working.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any success yet on figuring this out? (It's been a couple of weeks. I just tried it and it's still not working.)

Haven't the foggiest. It's stymied me completely.

That said, when we upgrade to the new EN World @darjr is trying to port GsG over (hopefully it can be done or I'll cry). So he might discover something in the code during the process. Or not. Hopefully!

Remove ads