Gamers Seeking Gamers (500: Internal Server Error)

IronWolf

blank
El Mahdi, what is the URL in your browser when you get the 500 error?

I am assuming darjr checked the Apache error logs, right? A 500 error is something going wrong on the server side. I think the error log for apache might have a bit more information in it, if it hasn't been checked yet.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
El Mahdi, what is the URL in your browser when you get the 500 error?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/gamersseekinggamers.php

I am assuming darjr checked the Apache error logs, right?

I have no idea. I don't even know what that is...

A 500 error is something going wrong on the server side. I think the error log for apache might have a bit more information in it, if it hasn't been checked yet.

I don't know if they have or not.

darjr

I crit!
The error is due to how long it takes to process the locations for a map. The larger the distance you want to see the larger the map and the more it needs to process until the http session is timed out at the server end.

[MENTION=59506]El Mahdi[/MENTION] I've changed your 'distance' setting to 100 and the gamers page should come up now. It was set to 'Any' or 9999 for the distance and the code has a tight loop that does a swack load of stuff that takes forever when it needs to run for everybody.

I'll come back and clear that up later. It isn't exactly fixed, that might take more than a simple change, but now at least I know what is wrong and how to get some folks back into the page if they can't get there currently.
Please give it a try and let me know if it works.

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
The error is due to how long it takes to process the locations for a map. The larger the distance you want to see the larger the map and the more it needs to process until the http session is timed out at the server end.

[MENTION=59506]El Mahdi[/MENTION] I've changed your 'distance' setting to 100 and the gamers page should come up now. It was set to 'Any' or 9999 for the distance and the code has a tight loop that does a swack load of stuff that takes forever when it needs to run for everybody.

I'll come back and clear that up later. It isn't exactly fixed, that might take more than a simple change, but now at least I know what is wrong and how to get some folks back into the page if they can't get there currently.

Awesome darjr! I tried to XP, but you know I apparently hand it out to you too often!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch

Bing, bang, boom! Works like a Champ! You're the man darjr!

And [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] , thank you very much for help and patience with this. I understand just how annoying problems like this can be. Especially when it's just one little thing set wrong, but requires trying scores of things to find it.

Thank You!:D

Deovin

Explorer
Cool. It's working for me for now. It came up with "Any" in the distance select; set it to 25. I'll play around with it a bit.

Thanks!

Remove ads