Gamers Seeking Gamers (500: Internal Server Error)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Haven't the foggiest. It's stymied me completely.

That said, when we upgrade to the new EN World @darjr is trying to port GsG over (hopefully it can be done or I'll cry). So he might discover something in the code during the process. Or not. Hopefully!

Has the switch over to the new ENWorld finished yet? And if it has, is there any word yet on this being fixed?

I just tried it again today, and it's still doing the same thing.

No matter what device I sign onto ENWorld from (my laptop, my home computer, my wifes laptop, my iPhone, or my wife's iPad), I have the same problem.

However, my wife's account can access the Gamers Seeking Gamers page no problem, from all of the same devices.

Is there any progress on this yet...? I'd really like to be able to use this function as I'm looking to expand my gaming group soon...

B-)

Deovin

Explorer
I just tried for the first time months. This is the first time I've tried since I got on FIoS. Still no luck.

Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and Opera on Mac OS X.
IE, Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and Opera on Win7.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I wanted to give at least a couple of weeks, and wait until after GenCon, to follow up on my earlier post.

So, @darjr , [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] :

Has there been any progress on solving this?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
@darjr @Morrus

I don't understand why I can't seem to get an answer on this subject...?

I'm sorry if it seems like only an annoying glitch to those running ENWorld. But to those who want to use this function, especially as it's an advertised perk of this site, and especially as some of those not being able to access it are paying members, I'd think it would be something that ENWorld would at least actively address, and hopefully try to fix, rather than just ignore it. Or if a fix is being attempted, that these queries be responded to with at least an "Inwork" and a somewhat regular status update as to what's being done (at least every month or two).

I've purposely spread out my inquiries here so as to not badger the busy people working for ENWorld. And also taken into consideration the busyness of GenCon. But it's been over 5 months since the last update on this (that you all were hoping the server switch over would fix the problem), and this is the third query since then.

Has there been any progress in fixing this problem?B-)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Because we don't know the answer! I promise we're not keeping it secret just to annoy you!

I don't feel anyone is keeping it secret or trying to annoy me. I'm sure there are countless scores of possible reasons why nobody has responded to this in such a while. I'm just curious as to what the reason(s) is/are, and whether or not anyone has been working on this problem?

:)

Now if nobody is working on it, or if all endeavors to fix this have just been given up, I would find that annoying.

IronWolf

blank
On a wild stab in the dark - have you tried setting your location to something normal? Like just city and state? Maybe things are getting thrown off by that generating the error?

EDIT: Probably not that - I just set my location to what you had in yours and it still worked for me. Still - I would go through and see if setting things to blank or simple phrases in your profile made any difference. It seems account related since your wife's works on the same computer, right?

You could even try creating another account just for testing and see if it works for it. If it does, then it has to be narrowed down to something with your account.

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's something related to my account, though what it is I have no idea. I've tried different locations, etc., with no luck. I made my wife's account for her, and inputted the same information as far as location. It's an enigma, inside a conundrum...etc. etc.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't feel anyone is keeping it secret or trying to annoy me. I'm sure there are countless scores of possible reasons why nobody has responded to this in such a while. I'm just curious as to what the reason(s) is/are, and whether or not anyone has been working on this problem?

:)

Now if nobody is working on it, or if all endeavors to fix this have just been given up, I would find that annoying.

As we said earlier, we're completely at a loss. We can't think of anywhere else to look. We are bewildered, befuddled, confused, and perplexed. We literally - in the true meaning of the word - have no idea whatsoever what the problem is or what else we can possibly do to look for it.

We're not unwilling. We're not choosing not to fix it. We can't fix it. We have a reported symptom we can't replicate and can see nothing wrong with the setup or the code.

I honestly don't know what else to say. If we have an epiphany I promise you'll be the very first to know.

Remove ads