[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Holy Crap! I'm incredibly sorry, and embarrassed . . . :blush::blush::blush:

Bren steps up to a position just behind his friends, Glaive ready for Cythera's hand. He reaches out and touches the Battle Dancer on the shoulder with a quick entreaty to his Gods and the woman feels her limbs once more imbued with strength.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: to just behind the others
  • Standard: Cast Bull's Strength on Cythera
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (19 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Two wrathspawn fall beneath your blades. Two more move forward and attack the bravo, but Fury dances out of the way easily. The last two move into positions around the southernmost crystal, hissing and waiting. It looks like this battle is going to be easy.

"So, you are skilled combatants,"
the mad alchemist's voice comes echoing down from the catwalks above. "The fresh ones are unfortunately clumsy, as you can see. A half dozen will be no match for you."

There's a pulse of greenish light, and electricity arcs across the room from crystal to crystal. Pulses of unholy energies flow down the pipes on the floor and into two of the dozens and dozens of tanks of wrathspawn lining the walls. There's a crash of glass and the sound of gallons of thick alchemical fluid spilling across the floor, and two newly animated wrathspawn emerge from their tanks and howl.

"But luckily for me ... I haff ... MORE! A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

rattegift_150.jpg

... Doktor Rattegift ...

[sblock=GM]Wrathspawn are AC 18/14 FF. Feint DC is a 15. They have ~25 hp apiece.

Wrathspawn at B12 is 16/12 FF AC due to charge. Wrathspawn at F8 and E12 have readied attacks. Wrathspawn at P5 and S11 are freshly out of the tanks.

I tried to get this post up yesterday, but EnWorld decided to go down for a few hours as I was typing. Grrr.[/sblock][sblock=Tomb Map]
TOMB_03.png
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]If we are going to continue letting them come to us, I am thinking to delay to get the glaive from Bren and 5ft step to -A13 and have unobstructed shot at the one in B12. I think it would be a Move Action for Bren to put the glaive in position for Cythera to take as Free Action (Quick Draw).

Usually as DM I have handing an item cost a Move Action from one of the characters, either one can spend it. Systole, do you concur?

If we are going to try entering the room instead, then Cythera would go first and use Full Attack on both targets to clear the way. GE & Mowgli, thoughts?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Faith and Good Works
[sblock=OOC]Bren will take the Move Action to hand off the Glaive - he's less likely to need it for something else :).[/sblock]

"A madman for certain-sure! And it looks as though he's got plenty of grist for your mill, my friends. I think we're going to have to either kill these things by the score or figure out a way to take out the Alchemist!"

The priest takes a step back as he hands the pole-arm off to Cythera so that she'll have room to wield the pole-arm properly.

OOC: 5' Step to -B/13 and cast Bless.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)

Prayers Available
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury steps back to take advantage of the cover the corner of the door provides and also hoping that the 'spawn will rush forward to get a better attack at him. He readies himself for just such an action prepared to lunge forward and skewer the creature should it advance.

"I think you're right, Bren," begins Fury in a low voice hoping that Rattegift can't make out what he is saying. "Maybe taking out those crystals will halt his spawning process; they look pretty important."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]5 ft step to A10
Standard: ready action to attack wrathspawn when it moves forward into A11.
(Attack: 1d20+13=28, 1d6+3=4, 4d6=18)[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 64
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera sheathes the greatsword as her companions shift back to let the aberrations come to them. Still battle dancing she steps next to Carrak and takes the offered glaive she requested from Bren. Infusing it with some arcane energy, she whirls the bladed polearm over her head with some flourish.

She slashes down with the weapon at the wrathspawn on the right, but doesn't quite finish it off.

"Do you suppose that crazy fool will be up to no good in the ceiling? I am guessing he is planning to throw things down at us once we are in the chamber. But if I see him, I have a spell or two that I can use."

Carak growls protectively at the possible creatures that can move to threaten his mistress.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Sheath Greatsword
Free Action: Continue Battle Dance, Grab Glaive & 5ft Step to -A13
Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike
Standard Action: Glaive: Attack Wrathspawn on Right (AS, BD, PA, FF) (1d20+14=19, 1d10+20=22)
If Applicable: AoO (AS, BD, PA) (1d20+12=26, 1d10+20=30)

Carrak readied attack: Carak's Readied Bite (Bless) (1d20+4=21, 1d6+3=9)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 68 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Battle Dance (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 7/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
Cythera lands a solid blow that nearly eviscerates one of the wrathspawn. As it steps forward, Carak tears out its spine and the creature drops. The second of the nearby wrathspawn steps forward, but Fury's blade pierces its eye socket and emerges from the back of its skull. The creature pulls its down the blade, clawing and hissing, but cannot land a blow. A third wrathspawn charges the husky, but his mistress cuts it down before it can attack.

Even as these wrathspawn die at your feet, the others move forward, and the crackle of unholy energies and the shattering of glass herald more replacements.

"So we haff ourselves a stalemate, do we? I am sure there is something we can do about that. Hold on while I make some adjustments." There is a hammering of metal on metal from the ceiling.

rattegift_150.jpg

... Doktor Rattegift ...

[sblock=GM]Sorry about the ever-changing dialogue color for Rattegift. I'm colorblind, so it took a while to realize my first choice was Cythera's color and my second choice was Bren's.

Long story short, none of the wrathspawn managed to hit anything.

Wrathspawn are AC 18/14 FF. Feint DC is a 15. They have ~25 hp apiece. The one next to Fury is almost dead and pretty much any strike will kill it.
The wrathspawn in the middle of the room have readied attacks. The ones at the edges are fresh out of the tanks.[/sblock][sblock=Tomb Map]
TOMB_04.png
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Totally not your fault, Systole! I use a color, "SandyBrown," that's no longer in the drop-box since they revamped the forums. I usually click Brown then change it manually, but just forgot to change it last time.[/sblock]

A note of uncertainty creeps into Bren's voice as he speaks. "If you fine warriors are content to hold the gate, I could go in after the mad-man."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref

Prayers Available
[/sblock]

Remove ads