Burned Circle - OOC Thread

ThirdWizard

First Post
Oh, I wasnt planning on sprinting, just moving outside and firing.

In that case, you wouldn't need an Athletics check, right? You're moving from B to C as a supplemental action and casting a spell (-1 penalty) at the ghoul in zone E. The ghoul is looking bad, so most likely this will take him out as the ghouls are not using severe or higher consequences (they are supporting NPCs, not main characters).

I'll roll an Athletics against the spell.

EDIT: Pretty good roll. I debated doing this, but I don't think I should pull my punches, so the ghoul is going to spend that FATE point he just got from the compel. The compel really screwed him over (he would have made it a couple more zones without it) so I don't feel too bad about doing that. He's going to invoke his High Concept in order to get a +2 to the Athletics roll, giving himself a total of 7 Defense, pushing himself to dodge that incoming blast of force.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
What's involved with Juno tackling one of these things from behind?

Not overly concerned with which, unless Malcolm takes one down.

ThirdWizard

First Post
What's involved with Juno tackling one of these things from behind?

Not overly concerned with which, unless Malcolm takes one down.

Just as a note, I've been going under the assumption that Juno and Malcom are chasing after the ghoul they've been fighting.

To answer your question about tackling, you basically have to wait for the opponent to stop running. There's no sprinting tackle option. A sprint means you can't perform any other action, so if you're both sprinting repeatedly, nobody can really do much of anything until one of you stops sprinting.

This sounds bad, but read on!

Normally, in a repeated sprint, you would drop the turn based gameplay and you'd use Contest rules (YS 193) to determine the outcome of a foot race. If you win the contest, you catch up and can tackle the opponent. If they win, they outrun you. This is a very elegant solution to the turned base sprinting problem above.

But, I'm not using it right now. The ghouls aren't going far (spoilers!), so moving into a Contest seems unnecessary in the current situation.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Unfortunately, I've gotten a little lost as to where we are and what's going on... I believe Logan is inside the house with Mara. Is it obvious to him that the ghouls are trying to escape, or is he oblivious due to being occupied with keeping Mara safe?

ThirdWizard

First Post
Unfortunately, I've gotten a little lost as to where we are and what's going on... I believe Logan is inside the house with Mara. Is it obvious to him that the ghouls are trying to escape, or is he oblivious due to being occupied with keeping Mara safe?

You're inside with Mara, but the fleeing ghoul is pretty obvious. The door between the back yard and inside is wide open, and it's a large sliding glass door, so Logan would have high visibility from inside the duplex.

I'm occasionally getting lost as well. It might be worth it not to start up the next round until everyone has posted up their IC post on the events of the round in the IC thread. Speaking of which, you're up. ;)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Looks like ENWorld is back up! Unfortunately, we've lost some functionality due to code being lost. I feel terrible for Morrus on that. We'll have to make do without the die roller. I'll collect up where we are and get things going again. Check in please so I know you're back. I'd like to pick up the pieces and keep going.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'm still hanging on. Though with the holidays coming up, my activity will be way reduced.

On the dice front, Invisible Castle is still available. I don't know if it marks Fate dice, but d6s can be substituted in their place.

Remove ads