Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Red Knight

First Post
Having trouble picking feats and traits. Lots of options! Any suggestions? Was thinking some ranged feats to take advantage of the higher dex. Or some heavily defensive feats- but that leaves my non magical combat pretty weak.

Also, is there a list of GM-acceptable feats and traits somewhere online?

If you plan on getting in close when not casting a mix of the defensive and offensive would be good.I wouldn't worry too much about not being effective in melee, we have several who are.

He has mentioned that everything on the SRD is good to go.

Helfdan

First Post
My character is almost done as well! Just need the non-magical gear, the pet, and to finish writing the background. [MENTION=6705220]Red Knight[/MENTION]: 2 switch hitters actually rock, we can mix up tactics as needed!! Hey, you said you chose a wolf, right?

Leif

Adventurer
If you plan on getting in close when not casting a mix of the defensive and offensive would be good.I wouldn't worry too much about not being effective in melee, we have several who are.

He has mentioned that everything on the SRD is good to go.
Having trouble picking feats and traits. Lots of options! Any suggestions? Was thinking some ranged feats to take advantage of the higher dex. Or some heavily defensive feats- but that leaves my non magical combat pretty weak.

Also, is there a list of GM-acceptable feats and traits somewhere online?
If you want to get technical about it, it's actually now called the PRD, not the SRD, but, yeah, that should all be cool except the bits about firearms, and there is feat info there, if not trait info. Traits are most commonly to be found in Pathfinder setting books and modules. More exceptions may follow, but there are none so far that I remember.

Trais are in the PRD, here. [Scroll up and down to see them all.]

Last edited:

Red Knight

First Post
My character is almost done as well! Just need the non-magical gear, the pet, and to finish writing the background. @Red Knight : 2 switch hitters actually rock, we can mix up tactics as needed!! Hey, you said you chose a wolf, right?
[MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION] I've actually played a Switch Hitter to 10ish, can't remember where the game died, but I know they are one of my favorite archetypes that's not an archetype to play. I am indeed going with a wolf. You planning on getting a big cat of sorts or also going with the wolf?

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's L10 PFDR-RPG Questing Knights - OOC [Game Full]

[MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION] I've actually played a Switch Hitter to 10ish, can't remember where the game died, but I know they are one of my favorite archetypes that's not an archetype to play. I am indeed going with a wolf. You planning on getting a big cat of sorts or also going with the wolf?

Well, I tend to go with aesthetics over crunch at times, and my aesthetics are decidedly old-school. I think I'll therefore go for a hawk :)

Damage sucks, but... The up side is that it makes a good scout when combined with speak with animals, and it is also a nicely mobile flanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
guys, I need to step up my concentration on recovery here. I am thinking up pulling out my spot here.

Kaodi

Hero
Extra Revelation is always a feat to consider when you are an Oracle, [MENTION=31390]Yttermayn[/MENTION] . Each Oracle naturally gets six Revelations, but each Mystery (or at least the Heavens Mystery) has ten in all. So if you would like to start with more than three Revelations, you can take that feat, pretty much up to as many times as there are Revelations you would eventually like minus six.

Yttermayn

First Post
Re: Leif's L10 PFDR-RPG Questing Knights - OOC [Game Full]

Bummer, Scott, but your health is more important. Barely. :)
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Red Knight

First Post
Well, I tend to go with aesthetics over crunch at times, and my aesthetics are decidedly old-school. I think I'll therefore go for a hawk :)

Damage sucks, but... The up side is that it makes a good scout when combined with speak with animals, and it is also a nicely mobile flanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you looked into Beast Master? They get Improved Empathetic Link which allows you to see through their eyes but your blond while doing this, at 12th your 'effective' Druid level is the same as your Ranger level, and you can have more than one Animal Companion. Every time I look over this archetype I think of Dar from the Beastmaster movie (Kodo and Podo for the win).

guys, I need to step up my concentration on recovery here. I am thinking up pulling out my spot here.

Yea man take care of yourself first and foremost...unless you happen to have a Wand of Cure Light Wounds?

Remove ads