Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights, Veluna, Greyhawk - L10 Pfdr Rpg [IC 01] [Full]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
While the adventurers are observing, discussing, and planning, the assembled Troglodytes apparently reach the end of whatevfer it was that they were doing. They give one last salute towards the far end of the cavern that you can't really see due to being around a bend, and then they begin to disperse, leaving out through the numerous exits from the large assembly cavern.

Johann stops walking and leans to the thin old mage and says in a quiet voice so as not to let it carry beyond the two of them, " I saw the Troglodytes all Salute someone in the corner during the big todah earlier. Who do you think they saluted?"

Scotley

Hero
Yurei replies in equally conspiratorial tones. "That is a question I'd like to know the answer to. Shall we visit said corner and see if we can find a clue or perhaps even said salutee? For I did not notice a figure of particular authority among the departing trogs."

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodyte Temple

What you find is a twelve-foot-tall statue that is ugly, gruesome and very imposing. The statue is standing roughly in the middle of a sort of stage at the far edge of the cavern, and lying on the stage you find four candle stubs and a single copper piece. The statue itself looks a bit like a troglodyte, but with large portions 'melted' into other, more demonic, forms and with large batwings. And the statue's mouth is open and there are blackened scorch marks around the opening. The eyes of the statue are stones, seemingly citrines of unusual size.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Johann looks to Yurei with mischief in his eyes.

"Check out the eyes of that statue. Interesting, huh?"

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodyte Temple

Yurei and Johann both independently reach the conclusion that the troglodytes were almost surely saluting and making obeisance to the statue, or idol if you will.

Leif

Adventurer
Troglodyte Temple -- The Shrine of the Shapechanging Troglodyte

Spell results for Yurei:
[sblock=Yurei's Eyes Only]Yurei detects a faint pulsing of magical power around the statues hands. The right hand seems to have positive conjuration and the left hand seems to have negative conjuration. The magic is not present at this time, but it has been there before and likely could be again if the circumstances were correct. There is no magic at alll associated with the eyes or most of the rest of the statue. There is a bit of conjuration magic associated with the stubby tail, however.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Interesting, there is a bit of conjuration about this statue, but it is not active now. I can't say what might trigger it, but the hands and tail are involved. I don't think it would be wise to mess with it," observes Yurei clinically.

Scotley

Hero
Yurei continues to watch for magical emanations. "Not so far. Are you thinking those stones would make nice adornments for a lady of your acquaintance? I expect it will be more challenging to recover these than you imagine."

Remove ads