Free Do you have what it takes to be an ENNIES JUDGE?; The 9 Best D&D 3E Adventures!; A free PATHFINDER a

EN World News Starting this Sunday, July 7, and running through Tuesday, July 16, any person who wants to run for a spot as a 2014 ENnies Judge will have the chance to nominate themselves. Once the nomination process goes live, we’ll make another announcement. In the meantime, mull it over and, if you think you have what it takes, run for Judge! So you may have noticed a slight format change...

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • Starting this Sunday, July 7, and running through Tuesday, July 16, any person who wants to run for a spot as a 2014 ENnies Judge will have the chance to nominate themselves. Once the nomination process goes live, we’ll make another announcement. In the meantime, mull it over and, if you think you have what it takes, run for Judge!
  • So you may have noticed a slight format change to the way articles and reviews are presented over on the right. I currently have two reviewers (one for RPGs and one for boardgames) and a half-dozen regular columnists. However, between now and GenCon I'll be stock-taking the various columns to determine which will continue and which to end. You can let me know best which columns you enjoy by posting replies to them!
  • What were the best D&D 3E/3.5 adventures? I asked; you answered; I made a video countdown! These are the 9 best official D&D 3rd Edition adventures - as voted by YOU!

[video=youtube;YA52Zp1hRgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA52Zp1hRgk[/video]

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]
  • Fancy a free Pathfinder adventure set in space? Look no further - I'm giving one away! Feel free to download and enjoy!
  • Check out this interview with Erik Mona and Jason Bulmahn from Origins Game Fair.

[video=youtube;2EDG8AE8ID8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EDG8AE8ID8[/video]

[h=3]Dungeons & Dragons News[/h]
  • A Wizard of a Different Color -- The Red Wizards of Thay are familiar to those playing in the Forgotten Realms setting. This week, Jon takes a look at them and gives you a glimpse at some of the fun things that are coming out of visual concepts for these wizards. [HI][threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?338230-Dragon-s-Eye-View-A-Wizard-of-a-Different-Color[/threadcm][/HI]
  • Monsters as Player Characters -- In past editions, we’ve seen how D&D handles allowing players to play monsters. What do you want to see in D&D Next? [HI][threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?338216-Wandering-Monsters-playable-monsters[/threadcm][/HI]

[h=3]13th Age News[/h]

[h=3]RPG News[/h]
  • So, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire was the big RPG release this week. Here's a quick roundup of reviews, articles, etc. Let me know if you have any more!
  • Judge Dredd fan? Mongoose Publishing says "All going well (ha!), big Dredd announcement coming on Friday..."
  • World War Cthulhu: The Darkest Hour is is a new World War Two setting for Call of Cthulhu from Cubicle7. "War brings chaos, fear and disruption in its wake. The perfect conditions in which terrible things can thrive, full of new opportunities for ancient beings and their degenerate human agents. But some people know the truth, and they find themselves fighting a war on two fronts for humanity’s soul -- and its very survival."
  • Neal Tringham's Science Fiction Hobby Games: A First Survey is a history and guide to tabletop gaming franchises set in original science-fictional milieux.
  • iCv2 has an interview/article about Numenera's brick-and-mortar promotion. Numenera and the Numenera Player’s Guide are set to release August 14th and is, most awesomely, the second-most anticipated RPG of 2013!

[h=3]Community News[/h]

[h=3]Boardgaming & Other News[/h]
  • PT Games is offering 15% off all products from July 1 to July 31. Just type Xmas15off in the coupon code for the discount.
  • Michael Tresca of Examiner.com was one of the Reaper Bones Miniatures backers; "they finally arrived last month. I'm now on a journey to paint most of them, and as I finish each miniature I plan to review it. I am by no means a professional painter but I do try to spend time on detail."
  • FFG guets writer Trevor Fehrman previews the next Battlestar Galactica expansion.

Bagpuss

Legend
Which is going to come out first World War Cthulhu or Achtung Cthulhu? Seem to be pretty much covering the same ground.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Which is going to come out first World War Cthulhu or Achtung Cthulhu? Seem to be pretty much covering the same ground.

I haven't seen either, but from the marketing I'm guessing that the latter is far more pulpy and the former is far more creepy.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads