SWEotE. So, who's got it?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
For some reason I've got the GM Kit (including the screen) but the actual RPG hasn't come in.

The screen itself is a marvel of unreadability. I'm intending to review it in the near future, just to warn people about it!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My friends have been playing the beta version (and are moderately fond of it). I haven't had much of a chance to look at the game yet. Too many other games taking my attention!

NMC

Explorer
I have a copy. I live in Minneapolis, so I popped over to the FFG Event Center for the release event.

Here are a few thoughts and reactions. First, this book doubles the number of pages from the beta version. The chapters are:

1. Playing the Game (6)
2. Character Creation (32)
3. Skills (100)
4. Talents (126)
5. Gear and Equipment (146)
6. Conflict and Combat (196)
7. Starships and Vehicles (222)
8. The Force (272)
9. The Game Master (286)
10. The Galaxy (324)
11. Law and Society (364)
12. Adversaries (388)
13. Trouble Brewing (Adventure--416)

It's a hefty book, in full color, really pretty and with a user-friendly layout. I was happy to see Chapters 10 and 11, providing good background information about the setting.

-Nate

NMC

Explorer
There's a short chapter (about fifteen pages) dealing with the Force; it looks pretty much like what was in the beta book, with the Force Sensitive Exile talent tree, and trees for the Sense, Influence and Move powers.

-Nate

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Oooh! Tell us more please, you lucky duck!
Has anything with the races changed from the final update?

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
I hate to jump on the "tell me more tell me more" wagon [MENTION=2790]NMC[/MENTION], but have they updated any of the vehicle & personal scale interactions at all? During the Beta it was nigh impossible for a character to dent a speeder bike without a lightsaber or a thermal detonator because the damage reduction essentially went personal scale -> starship scale and all the intermediate planetary vehicles got a serious boost in beefiness as a result. There were some other bits that I am hoping they addressed but all of them are well within the realm of houserules for me.

Super stoked to get my scummy little mits on this game and all those goofy funhouse dice.

Remove ads