So, that GTA V, huh?

It finally installed! Been playing it some, havnt really been doing alot of missions, just driving around checking stuff out, flew around in the blimp for awhile, and of course had to check out the strip club, boobies!!!

Felon

First Post
Lester's messages on your phone should tell you what you need to do.

The idea of having three characters that you can switch between is long overdue in a video game. The only other game where I've seen it was in Clive Barker's Jericho.

Imagine a game like Skyrim where you have multiple characters across the world doing their own thing, swapping between the rogue doing his city-based thieves' guild missions, and a ranger roaming around some ancient ruins.

Felon

First Post
Honestly, the issue isn't that I didn't think to look at the phone. The mission just isn't triggering.

I just finished the first heist tonight. Here's how it started for me:

I stole the van from the pest control company and then, for some reason, I had to steal another van. After dropping the second van off at the yellow spot in that little underpass next to the sweat shop, the heist actually triggered automatically, with no option to wait.

As for how the mission played out from there, in a fairly disappointing fashion/ That's a separate set of spoiler text:

I pulled the mission off perfectly, well under the alarm-reset's time limit, but there was apparently an unavoidable police chase, making the whole "go in smart and quiet" bit a complete canard. Luring a player in with the illusion of options is a major letdown. A chase ensued, and one of the guys fell off the bike and dropped over a million in loot. I'm not sure if that was pre-programmed or if it would have been possible to recover the dropped loot off the ground, but ultimately I didn't come out of it with much left over.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I just finished the first heist tonight. Here's how it started for me:

I stole the van from the pest control company and then, for some reason, I had to steal another van. After dropping the second van off at the yellow spot in that little underpass next to the sweat shop, the heist actually triggered automatically, with no option to wait.

As for how the mission played out from there, in a fairly disappointing fashion/ That's a separate set of spoiler text:

I pulled the mission off perfectly, well under the alarm-reset's time limit, but there was apparently an unavoidable police chase, making the whole "go in smart and quiet" bit a complete canard. Luring a player in with the illusion of options is a major letdown. A chase ensued, and one of the guys fell off the bike and dropped over a million in loot. I'm not sure if that was pre-programmed or if it would have been possible to recover the dropped loot off the ground, but ultimately I didn't come out of it with much left over.

If I could figure out how to change my approach choice to quiet and smart, I would. Seems I'm stuck with the loud and fast approach. Returning to Lester's lets me look at the board with the plans, but not change them; and Lester is not there.

Felon

First Post
If I could figure out how to change my approach choice to quiet and smart, I would. Seems I'm stuck with the loud and fast approach. Returning to Lester's lets me look at the board with the plans, but not change them; and Lester is not there.

My advice at this point would be twofold. Sorry if you've already tried it.

First, look at the map and see if there any icons you can't account for. I recall him saying about needing to raid the Police to get some weapons.

Second and last, when all else fails, Youtube the mission.

Felon

First Post
Is one of the Playable characters off his rocker? I got that feeling feeling from the trailer and wonder how far they take it. IMO Lynch made the first Kane and Lynch game almost playable and so I'm hoping one of the GTA5 characters is mentally unstable.

Michael and Trevor pretty much are Kane and Lynch.

frankthedm

First Post
Enjoying the game, plenty of nits to pick, but definitley fun.

Uhg, HORRIBLE walk speed and WTF must they make it mash the button to run? Are they getting kickbacks from controller manufacturers?

Where the hell are the bicyclists? Have not seen one to bike-jack yet and even when CJ.. err Franklin's garage was empty, the on-line bike shop would not sell me one.

Controls still are not ready for Rainbow 6 style cover to cover gun combat, thankfully the weapon you get right before an early situation like this is potent enough to mostly make up for it. Be very careful if you see fire. Seems like you can catch, take huge damage, fall down in pain, then stand right back up catching fire again.

But the worst thing so far are the missions that auto grab you when you are trying to get to a save point! NO! NO! NO! BAD DESIGNER! BAD!

Remove ads