Goodwill

Status
Not open for further replies.
So charity is giving away other peoples' money now? If he was actually being charitable, he would have helped by paying part of the costs himself, rather than giving away others income.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
There is no contradiction, your logic is just a bit too facile. Just because Goodwill is a thrift store, that doesn't empower every employee working there with discretionary authority to set prices.
It wouldn't be a problem if they weren't such hypocrites and actually helped the poor.

You can be sure that every item in that store is inventoried and at the end of the month has to be accounted for. They aren't just stuffing their revenue into bags with big dollar symbols on them.
They are not? Well I'm shock!

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Isn't Goodwill merchandise already pretty cheap? So "the poor" can afford it? We give lots and lots (old but good clothes and other stuff) to Goodwill. I've bought a dress suit, (for a zombie Halloween costume), from Goodwill, and if I remember correctly, it was a decent brand name, sold there for $25.

Bullgrit

Bullgrit

Adventurer
They can buy the $5 suit. But then, five dollars is a lot of money for some people. But $25 for a brand name suit, in good shape, is very cheap. Goodwill has to set some price. And too low or free can cause problems:
http://www.nydailynews.com/2.1353/w...urlington-coat-factory-store-article-1.164852

"Apparently they were in line calling relatives who were not at the store and told them to come."

People flooded the registers as cashiers began ringing up purchase after purchase.... At least 500 people filled the aisles and another 1,000 were outside trying to get in, he said.

Bullgrit

Pretty much. When charities like the Red Cross gives money, it gives other people's money.
No, they are given money by people, which makes it their money. Then they use the money that is now theirs. Just think of if the Red Cross took everything you own and gave it out to other people, would you call them thieves or charitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads